High Sec Candidate

Okay, so …

Greetings! I am Sol!

This once was me, before I sold my char. Everything from before december 2013 is my own doings, including being a high profile publicly known suicide ganker, calling myself “resident outlaw of Hek”.

Saved you doing your necessary homework and I really like that you actually looked up Scoots. Homework is important, always. What’s missing here is that I’ve spent my first two years in EVE in Deltole, formerly a glorious social hub for new and old players, before farmers destroyed it.

I enjoy challanges and the more challenging something is, the better it is. I don’t mind losing, at all, and I actually hate winning all the time. This puts me into stark contrast to pretty much everyone around, who have so fragile and weak egos that winning is a necessity to them.

*coughfucktheseloserscough*

Your idea of having a 50% chance of getting away is pretty bad.
It’s also pretty insulting, too. Especially intellectually.

Anyhow.

Docked you’re safe.
Your chances of getting ganked are literally zero.
You undock.
From here on out it’s literally all your fault.

People unintentionally, all the time, raise their chances of getting ganked. They autopilot, they just sit around in space, they don’t pay attention to what they’re doing, they don’t tank their ships while on trips.

This pushes the odds into the gankers’ favour.
Who’s fault is it?
Exactly.
It’s the fault of the person who doesn’t take care of himself.

Then there’s people who actually do tank their ships, who do not fly on autopilot, who do not overtank their freighters, who do stay aligned (use a higgs rig, seriously) and who do pay attention to their surroundings while doing something. The chances of them getting ganked are slim to none, because …

.) They act vigilant.
.) They’re intentionally unattractive targets.
.) They understand that this is how the game works and how the people in it behave.

Now you come and declare you want a 50% chance of survival. Are you absolutely sure you spent enough time and brain matter into thinking this through? Can you actually write at least two A4 pages of text explaining in detail the whys, hows, short/medium/long term consequences?

Wait … unreasonable?
Nope! Absolutley not!

I’ll cut this shorter.

.) You insult everyone who likes the dangers in this game despite not even being a part of the active side of these dangers. People know it’s a game where you can get shot down everywhere and there is zero reason to assume people don’t actually also joined because of exactly that.

.) You insult everyone who actually puts effort into tanking his ship and staying vigilant. With a 50% chance of surviving, you diminish the efforts people put into getting “maximum survivability” out of their ships.

.) You insult gankers, too, because you basically, literally, ■■■■ onto their game and income source and you think it’s okay, which kind of makes you a huge asshole. The only people who truly deserve their game to be shat on are renter trash, afk cloaky whiners and AFK farmers. Hell, all farmers. ■■■■ those guys in particular.

Right now I’m sitting here, reading through your initial post again. It’s intellectually insulting, honestly, and I don’t know what to say. Note, that’s not actually about just you. I’m in general not a fan of people with low standards, including people who only get voted in because they’re famous youtubers.

Gotta say, most of the CSM are at best average, definitely not intellectual and should definitely not sit there, but as voters are dumb, the people they vote in aren’t generally smart either. Exceptions exist, of course. (■■■■ The Judge, this worthless piece of ■■■■, in particular, btw.)

Too often that means they’re either assholes who abuse simple minds, or simple minds themselves.

Anyhow … example?

“At the moment this is not the case.” Well, wow! No ■■■■, sherlock! It will never be the case, but thanks for implying the possibility that it might some day be. It won’t, because it’s dumb.

I digress.

What people like you, specifically, often ignore is that gankers are in a serious minority. You ignore that, without the few of us left, highsec would be the single most boring place to be. You ignore that those, who do get ganked, are at fault themselves.

You ignore, or are completely oblivious to the fact that, anyone active in an hostile environment is required to act self responsibly, otherwise he gets killed.

So, in favour of dumb assholes who do not give a flying ■■■■ about playing this game in a way that doesn’t get them killed you’d want CCP to literally ■■■■ on the gameplay of people who actually know what the ■■■■ they’re doing.

There really is zero reason to read the rest. The person where this is coming from can not, in any way or form, be fit for the CSM and I’m definitely NOT saying that anyone of the current CSM actually are.

You’re not getting anywhere.

Have a nice day.

:slight_smile:

edit: sorry for edits. sended by accident, had a mess in the post.

3 Likes