High Sec Candidate

When does the gank start? At least one person in this thread talked about how the actual arrival of the gank ships is the end of a long process including scouting.

How will you measure, quantify or otherwise the survival of a gank that was cancelled before the ships come in?

I think you are wrong.

And if the ship is fit so that the gankers decide not to come, then I survive.

CCP themselves have said that losing ships near the start of the game can actually help with New Player retention.
Learning how to play Eve properly will help people to make choices that stop them being easy targets, it will also help them to know how to gank… if that is where there interests lie. In my CSMX thread there was also talk about making an encounter with CONCORD part of one of the beginning missions.

1 Like

NO, in the CSM X thread there was also talk about an introduction to ganking in the NPE, so new people to EVE understand the safety, the consequences of actions and so on. Gankers also need to learn how to play EVE properly.

All of these things have already been discussed. The fact that there are lots of guides (mostly a bit old) on the internet is not enough. If CCP is relying on people to search for these guides, they should provide big, open and obvious links to them… maybe even mirror them.

Do you think so?

The people are keeping my thread bumped up near the top even though I haven’t really had time in the last few days to post enough. Thank you.

1 Like

When does the gank begin?

True. But when do they start coming for me? When they undock? When the scout has scanned me? When they notice that I have accepted their bait contract?

None.

Cry that you have not prepared yourself better.

Those are the answers.
Ever since my campaign for CSM X the thing has not just been about when the gankers are on grid. That is well documented through the threads. Because there is no way to stop a well planned gank from happening once the gank ships are flying. This has also been stated a lot over the last years. Which is why:

Which are the sort of things I have been talking about in this issue since about the CSMX election time. That’s back there in the threads.

But:

And so on. But do all keep up the good work. 400 posts before the elections would be nice.

1 Like

How is it not proper? I’d LOVE to hear the proper way to play Eve.

You can beat the gankers to warp every time if you just payed attention…but you don’t want to to do that now do you but instead have a hard floor of 50% suitability FOR DOING ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

Gross…

It is a difference if the game presents the basic information needed to play, and if one has to get on google and try and find something. “CCP approved resources” would be a thing. Then at least googlers could be sure that there are no real troll stuff there, or nothing that hasn’t been updated since 2014.

How does one have the chance at the moment to become a careful pilot.

I think I really started talking about this openly in this thread from the CSMX elections…

1 Like

BTW, I’ve run a 5 ship solo mining fleet…and mined in 0.1 with Covs…and ganked. While I’m not a pro at either, I know both sides of the equations.

Can you say that or are you basing your opinions purely out of ignorance to what ACTUALLY is involved in a gank and why it is seemingly so effective?

1 Like

How to fit their ships, how to get the warp in to the target. How to pull CONCORD back out the belts so that the next time someone wants to gank something there, they are not hampered by the fact that CONCORD are there.

I have never said that ganking is not proper gameplay. I said they also need to learn how to do it properly. Just like the miners need to do it properly. And so on.

Freighters are never quick enough when there is a Machariel bumper waiting for them. If the gankers have scouted the target properly they will be gotten. If the gankers want to do it.

This is not what I have been saying actually. It is what a few people have decided that I have been saying… but that is simply not so.

1 Like

I’ve never mined in low sec.
I’ve only mined in High and Null.
As I already said, I have tried ganking, and am familiar with the mechanics involved.

1 Like

Based on the current rules, what are they doing wrong? Do tell…

So then isn’t the “proper” thing to do is to use a scout FIRST before going though a gate? I mean, that is the recommended SOP after all…the PROPER thing to do right?

Who are “they” ?

And how are players supposed to discover such information?

1 Like

Then you know that (1) nothing against the TOS/EULA/Rules/etc are being used, (2) that the only way to catch the target is if they are not paying attention and (3) that the only way to beat CONCORD is to bring enough firepower to do the job quickly enough relative to the target type.

Seems like the ganker has quite the work cut out fo them where as the miner just needs to watch local, be aligned, maybe slowboating a bit and ready to jump. Heck fit a Higgs if you want to instawarp AND mine in one spot.

I never even claimed that it was. Looks like you haven’t even read this entire thread?

That is not always true. Looks like you haven’t even read this entire thread?

Even I have already said that above, and it has certainly been said more than once. Maybe even more than 10 times. Looks like you haven’t even read this entire thread?

What you have written above is actually not that much work… and it involves stuff like scouting the target out… and that is active gameplay.

Sit there staring at a screen for 20 minutes with nothing to do, in case something happens. You simply cannot compare the two.

1 Like

Stop being obtuse…“they” is what YOU said when referring to gankers…

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Suicide_ganking
https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Suicide_Ganking_101

What more do you want? Do you really think that a player that takes a 1.4B ISK ship PLUS the value of cargo wouldn’t have read-up on how to avoid being a target? If they plan to haul for a living, not work for a hauling firm first to learn the ropes?

Or is that too much to ask in this day and age? Is a big red easy button really step one now?

I am not being obtuse. The mistakes that gankers make are not made by all gankers. People make different mistakes. Different gankers are doing different things wrong (and by wrong I mean not correct, I do not mean “illegal”).

I have already mentioned many times how I feel about people needing to refer to external third party information in order to get the basics on how to play the game.

Erm… yes I really think that a player that takes a 1.4B ISK ship plus cargo has not read up on it… that is obviously often the case.

Have you tried joining one?

Obviously. That is why, for example, those links should be included in an obvious way in official information so that players can find them.

Firstly the easy button is blue.
And secondly … noone is actually talking about anything that is an easy button. It sounds like you have not read even this entire thread?

1 Like

My point was that “proper” is purely your opinion rather than being based on any fact.

So you have no counter to that…ok then…

So like what freighter pilots should do…oh but that would be asking too much of them right?

It was the miners choice to be a miner! FFS…their only job after setting-up is to watch their screens and if they do that one job, they will profit. My god are you looking for pity for these people that feel entitled to mine while watching Netflix…

This is cancer to Eve…this entitled mentality where everything should be handed to you, the risks mitigated and need to learn vastly reduced…cancer…

2 Likes

We were talking about miners there.

Mining whilst watching netflix. I never mentioned that. How would that even work?

1 Like

I don’t need a counter to that.

1 Like

Well earlier, you wrote:

If you mean that to be the entire process from the selection of targets through, then how can you say from your personal experience that ganking is 100% success and there is a 100% chance of death?

It’s obvious, based on the above, that you are referring to the last component, where the gank ships are on grid with the target and shooting. That’s the part that you want to change to be a 50% chance of survival.

What’s the basis of th above quote the?. How in your experience is that currently 100% success for gankers.

2 Likes

The question is, how often have I failed a gank I was trying?

It is hard to prove when a ganker has examined you and found you unworthy of his attention.

No it is not.
The key there was “based on my experience”.

Every time gankers have tried to gank me (that I am aware of) I have been ganked. I don’t ever remember escaping.

Who knows how many targets the gankers pass over. The only ones I can verify is the ones I see. I have also seen and heard of failed ganks, but that was nearly always due to either some third party interfering, or a screw up on the gankers side.

1 Like

Well too bad for you! Most games have dedicated wikis out there and the more complex the game, the more they are needed especially for games that don’t hold your hand. And do you really thing the pilot flying a multi-billion ISK ship/cargo is still at the “basic information” stage? wow…

No as I either use my Charon or pay PUSH…

It’s a simply Google search…heck I’m sure they are referenced in the forums too when people ask questions…But the point is the info is there already and is not a secret. Heck you can read CODE’s full doctrine to learn its weakness and they actually tell miners/haulers how to beat them(or at the very least, greatly increase your chances)…but greedy and laziness always wins.