High Sec Candidate

So your argument is that we should vote for you as a high sec candidate because you don’t know about high sec? Help me here. You seem to be taking a point of pride in what you don’t know or are not aware of.

2 Likes

Not sure I am following you.
If you could concretely reference the part where I seem to be taking a point of pride in.
That would help.

And my arguments are not saying what you think they are saying.

1 Like

That year where we were all wanting CCP to use those annoying popups to try and motivate or remind people (especially the majority that never read the forums) that maybe they might want to vote… back when there were these annoying popups every 15 minutes in the last hour before downtime… was especially hard for me.
I am looking forward to CCP thoroughly informing the player base that there is an election and something to vote on.
Maybe they could even use this to try and sell OMEGA status.

HASHTAGYOURVOTESMATTER!

3 Likes

I’d really love if ccp did it a few times a day pushing people to the forum posts then sticky a click here to vote in this forum. Ar least give a fighting chance that people will at least know where to look

3 Likes

It looks like the dropping containers pays off!
Another happy message in my inbox when I logged on!

Don’t forget to vote for someone… but if you are reading this you are probably aware of the elections and are going to vote!

You have been added as a contact
Sent: 2018.05.14 18:36

ANON has added you as a contact with Good Standing.

Just seen your ad-box in Mehatoor. Will be voting.

ANON (local seller)

1 Like

Christ.

This.

Again.

Haven’t carebears gotten enough buffs in the last 5-odd years? Not least of all, like certain mining barges being able to field damned near Battleship level EHPs, just for starters.

We won’t even mention how entire play-styles have been effectively eviscerated (Well OK, I just did, but you know…):

–Namely, ninja salvaging/looting, Orca hot-swapping whilst ninja-baiting (but not station-humping undock games, gotta make sure the lamers who spend real money in the cash shop keep theirs) can-tipping, can-baiting to counter can-tipping, to name just a few.

Or how many creative uses of tactics have been simply eliminated:

The most egregious example of this that I recall off-hand being the Tornado on-grid “bootlegger-turn”

Well, plus ca change, and all that, innit.

You already have a more than 50% chance of “walking away” from a gank:

• Fit a Damage Control II.
  • Fit the largest Shield Extender your chassis and/or fitting skills permit/s.
  • If you have mid-slots left over, then fit shield hardeners. (And yeah, turning them on helps a lot.)
  • Fit shield rigs in the rig-slots to shore up your two weakest resists --Your overall goal is an omni-tank with slight bias to Kinetics and Thermal and secondarily to EM and/or Explosives , as the most popular gank ships do either Kin/Therm (the Gallente hybrid boats) or EM/Explosive (Minmatar arty-boats).

Even the (non-)problem of reduced mining yields can ultimately benefit the miner:

Assuming demand stays more or less the same, then the reduced supply means you can gouge up mineral prices for as far the market will bear (and if the general prices I’ve been seeing recently are anything to go by, then it can bear quite a bit.).

Adapt, and reap the benefits, FFS, stop demanding everyone else sacrifices for you in exchange for nothing.

That is NOT how EVE is supposed to ■■■■■■■ work.

1 Like

Christ.

This.

Again.

It’s like someone just read the opening post, and skipped the last 4 years worth of discussion to dump some pretty words… again.

Not if the gankers have done their job properly.
But instead of just commenting on the opening post, now so close to the elections… why not read the other stuff as well. Bring yourself up to date on the current state of things?

Or, I tell you what. Don’t vote for me.
Vote for someone else. Just vote.

2 Likes

Because it’s clear the discussion hasn’t changed in all that time.

I’ve been reading your stuff (among others) --it makes ^that^ painfully clear.
Nothing’s changed, and nothing’s going to, and we all know why.

I had hoped that the HiSec candidate would be a generalist, with at least half a favourable eye towards the ne’er do wells (such as those even are anymore) not just another “One more nerf!” chanting carebear living in their own little non-interactive little bubble.

There will always be a bigger fleet and a bigger ship eventually --if you’ve planned around that assumption, then your losses will be minimal, and rare.

(What’s stopping you from aligning to something once The Dreaded™ --you did set them red if they were already known to you, didn’t you?-- enter system, and then spamming short-range D-Scan until you know it’s time to warp out? D-Scan isn’t just for 0.4 and down, OK.)

And thanks: I wasn’t planning to, but the reminder is appreciated.

I don’t consider myself belonging to the “one more nerf!” crowd… because as I have previously said… that “one more nerf” never will be enough… because of how the game is and is intended to be.

Have I made any concrete suggestions or ideas that would make things worse for the ne’er do wells?

Anyway, please do remember to vote. However the “non-block” votes are spent… they are still not enough to demonstrate “non-block” interest in a player-elected focus group for CCP to work with. Whatever and whoever is voted for, the non-null-block contingent of voters needs to increase, before the non-null candidates fight over the division!!!

VOTE FOR ANYONE!

2 Likes

My general vibe of this candidate is a lot like one of the doesn’t-work ideologies IRL. Good intentions with no real connection to reality. A sort of benevolent extremist. Well, extremists are bad. In this case it comes across as a savior complex: “Only I can save you from yourselves!” Yeah, no thanks.

1 Like

I just don’t understand the world I live in anymore, when this is viewed as a bad thing. Gtfo of here of you already are convinced you aren’t planning to vote. And the world might just be a nicer place if those who knew they could make a difference chose to make that difference. Just saying.

3 Likes

Because ALL extremists think they are benevolent. NOBODY thinks they are self serving yet self sabotaging. I know bringing RL politics into the game is bad, but “benevolent extremism” is why [redacted], [redacted], and [redacted] all fail for the exact same reasons. They are just as selfish and corrupt as any other form of extremism. The most optimistic outcome you can expect in this kind of position is benevolent incompetence.

edited because I don’t want the whole post deleted, which feels likely because nobody from any ideology can accept criticism.

1 Like

I just experienced a fallout from my previous corp for criticism which was based purely on misrepresentations. Criticism is good, if you have your facts straight and the belief system is fundamentally broken, and not just those who fail to correctly apply/interpret their code of whatever.

I agree that if good intentions (no matter how well meaning) consistently backfire and create negative results, something is obviously wrong. I don’t think that’s the case here, as the OP has stated before their position on ganking and such things.

I should add that I believe there’s a big difference to systems in theory and in practice. Results should speak* for themselves.

2 Likes

Thank you for stopping by.

Um actually, you didn’t need to edit your post.
The text that you wrote about editing it is actually the reason I would want your post deleted! I can accept criticism.

Fortunately I am not the one in the position of being able to censor the forums!

My general vibe of this poster is a lot like on of the doesn’t-understand-the-csm… things that have been going on since CCP flew the chairman to iceland for the emergency goggle thing, (before he did his wizard hat thing…).

I you don’t like me then vote for someone else. Just please vote for someone.

1 Like

Just vote! :wink:

So the CSM elections have started.
I checked my email.

I got a mail from CCP:

"Free MPT Certificates
On Selected Omega Packages"

Which I guess says it all…

@CCP_Guard
#Whyshouldwecarewhenyoudonot?

Whatever. Just vote!

I voted for you.

1 Like

Thank you!

There have been a lot of messages coming and going. In the heated fervour of the last days I have not had time to keep up with the forums.

Anyway statistically speaking, pretty much everyone that is going to vote has already voted. Coming is the time of the weekend warriors.

There is a reddit AMA with CCP Guard going on. I asked questions. One even got answered.
If you have questions it is kind of now or never!

Just vote!!! If you cannot find or cannot be bothered to find anyone to vote for then vote for anyone. Player participation is everything.

If you cannot be bothered to research candidates, then maybe check out some bloggers that you trust.
@Mike_Azariah was a long time CSM member, and has published a list on his blog that is more or less identical to mine… (more later). Check it out!

2 Likes

I have voted for you and wish you well.

Some bears actually do care.

1 Like

Thank you!
It is hard to see the gems for all the rocks out in high sec.
Everyone should try spreading the word to get the participation in the elections up… whoever gets voted for!