High Sec Griefers - An Idea

EVE Reddit is pure stage 4 cancer…

3 Likes

If the commentors had approached her request differently, this could’ve been an actual discussion and not an instant-shutdown.

1 Like

The OP wasn’t looking for suggestions, she was wanting confirmation. That’s the problem. She obviously is not interested in any advice on how to not run into that situation again.

2 Likes

Weve given other situations for how to deal with it.

Calling 911 for npcs isnt one of them.

They did what was best in the situation at the time.

Just think how easily calling concord cause little johnny popped in could be exploited across the game.

2 Likes

Obviously y’all have a lot of frustration with CCP and how they implement ideas. I clearly got caught in the crossfire of that. On the whole I have enjoyed my time with the game, but it’s clear I’ve joined a game at the end of its lifespan than doing well. I hope you believe me when I say my intentions were good, I wanted to discuss something that could help keep new players flowing into a game I’ve recently discovered, enjoyed and know for a fact that I’ve spoken to many people that have been like. Oh I thought about trying EVE, seemed too toxic for me though. I want this game to recover, maybe my idea wasn’t the way to do it. But I am not trying to kill a game you all love.

2 Likes

Don’t assume my intentions please, the way everything was presented at me was like five hammers competing over a nail. I am not unreasonable.

2 Likes

This would actually impact my game experience very little, since my heart does not reside in highsec. Not much sympathy to be had for pvp’ers preying on the least-exciting victims in Eve. lmao

Like boo hoo guys, come get some actual pvp, it’s boring out here bc you’re all up in highsec stealing Caldari marines and dairy products from girls

1 Like

We generally tend to take that approach because we get tons of new players on the forum all the time wanting the game to be changed to suit their playstyle because it isn’t “fair”…

3 Likes

Sorry if it seems we are all against you

Were not.

As i said im strictly pve and do missions all the time. Ive lost mtus and been baited etc, i just fly away and find a new spot to run missions

4 Likes

Well you aren’t going to win them around with this approach either. There has to be a middle ground to where they can feel like part of the community/conversation. Then they won’t feel the need to be so hardline themselves.

1 Like

Boom.

1 Like

Not everyone, I think a lot of miscommunication and assuming people’s intentions. It’s the internet, it happens.

1 Like

When new players won’t take suggestions as to how to improve their game experience, there is no middle ground. As I said earlier, give 'em an inch and they’ll take a mile. As we’ve seen with the mobile observatory. Players whined about cloaky AFK campers for 10+ years, and now that CCP implemented a way to decloak them, players are still whining because other players can still cloaky camp in their systems anyway…

2 Likes

That was a literal decade of content. You’re whining more than this new player. Things change, be a part of the discussion, stop punishing people like they’re all the same. “Give 'em an inch…” is an extremely outdated adage and has always been a terrible way to live in general.

1 Like

Yet it remains true…

2 Likes

Wrong. I can’t think of a single instance in my life where that has held true. Sorry you feel that way bub.

The only one whining here is OP and you.

3 Likes

istockphoto-1189797738-170667a

Other than the guy desperate to get stuffed, I think most involved want what is best for the game, I’d still like the thread closed whenever the admin tagged gets here. But for the most part, thank you for the advice/opinions, it was all a lot overwhelming at first, I won’t be just presenting raw ideas on here anymore, maybe see some of you out there.

4 Likes

Thread closed due polite request of OP.

1 Like