High Sec Griefers - An Idea

An unfortunate viewpoint, and a notoriously difficult one to break.

1 Like

Don’t worry, you won’t see me again.

You can’t be serious.

5 Likes

Afraid so. And I’ve been here since the beginning, friend. If other ‘vet’ players wanna be bullheaded, that’s a-okay with me.

Thats not a qol change. Its similar to calling the cops because you think your house is going to be robbed if ppl are outside of your house.

3 Likes

But yes, honestly I do feel embarrassed and unwelcome. There were better ways to let me as a new player know this would have too much of an impact on the game. Obviously I do not know the game inside and out yet.

2 Likes

As to the comments of, just don’t take the bait, please don’t gloss over the fact. I did not take his bait. I played things smartly. It just felt miserable.

You are the bull headed one. Get yourself a definition of Quality of Life changes.

What he is asking is to nuke a gameplay style out of the game all because he is idiot who can’t think if counterplay when there is one and is even writing “I have zero counterplay against that” while there are tons of options presented to him already.

3 Likes

And you have time to learn. We werent trying to make you feel unwelcome, but that change you asked for can bring irreparable damage to the game, and not just impact mission runners, but miners and gankers alike.

And ccp is known for taking an idea and going full steam with other stupidities.

@Brisc_Rubal

Tagging him since he is a player representative before this topic gets locked

3 Likes

Thank you, she, as in I really just want this closed and gone. I will find my own way to enjoy the game without stepping on anyone else’s toes.

1 Like

We’ve now told you how to avoid such a situation. Whether or not you take our advice is up to you…

2 Likes

We’re clearly having separate conversations here. Nobody said THAT idea needed to be taken, but the fact remains that impeding highsec mission-chain progress for NEW players is a much bigger issue than people might think. To deny that is to not even listen to the complaints of new players–you know, the ‘carebear goofs’ that give us all content. You’re all terrified of any further changes when you can literally buy things with real money now. The jig is up, yall. The game IS NOT what it used to be. Shooting down a specific idea is one thing, but be a part of the actual discussion about potential solutions instead of jumping to the conclusion that this is just another thing that’s gonna be stolen from our virgin Eve experience

1 Like

Poor you. Not only they griefed you in game, but after you came to forums complain about being griefed and you presented a perfect solution to stop the griefing they griefed the crap out of you at forums too.

Can I have your stuff?

1 Like

You can get stuffed.

4 Likes

i’m yelling

1 Like

Is this really what the wider EVE community is like though?

And therein lies the rub. There is no way to differentiate a new player from a veteran player, thanks to alts and Alpha accounts. It could be a veteran player farming mission items on a day 1 alt.

4 Likes

No. Just dont go to reddit.

But if you would have approached this differently, the outcome would have been different as well.

3 Likes

Not a bad point, actually! Still, I believe there’s some way to solve this. People just need to think about it. Because if I started Eve and that happened to me, the chances of me quitting outright aren’t guaranteed, but they’re very high.

1 Like

Not sure the reddit could have been worse than buddy up there. But it’s whatever at this point, it’s a fascinating look into how new players are received now.

1 Like