High Sec MTU Ganking

Why is EVE so full of all the people who hurled the Monopoly board across the room as a 7 year old while exclaming ’ Mommy…he cheated !’

Its a frikin GAME for crying out loud. Nobody is going to hell because they blapped a Venture.

1 Like

How do you know? Did you consult an Amarrian priest to confirm your theory? :thinking:

:blush:

Yes. They specially shortened the distance from Jita to Amarr so I could come and blap stuff. Those ten 0.5 systems in a row are excellent.

it’s taking over the fun factor in high sec. I’m not asking to be bullet proof but tell my why bother having security status in game at all. Seriously ? Security status means stuff all to me.

A ganker will go with his friend and gank a maruder or MTU or even better a mining barge. Gankers have grown big time in high sec. Nothing defensively has grown for players in high sec let alone concord activity or protection status. Your now a ganking target and High Sec is really the new Null sec.

Not sure about your usage of the term, so could you describe what you mean by the word “ganking” when you use it in your sentences? :thinking:

I can for you and in alien language just for you. Advanced Search | zKillboard

I spent a lot of covert donations to the real AG’s in the past. The content was working big time until carebears pressured the Dev’s to change HS pvp rules that backfired. No more sympathy to HS carebears for me. I was stabbed in the back.

So anything zKill marks as ganked? :thinking:

Because not entirely sure how it even applies to the case of blowing up MTUs even if zKill assigns that flag due to certain circumstances but that is just an illusion as you don’t need red safety to engage MTUs, so it is a false positive when it comes to the EVE traditional definition of ganking (as in suicide ganking in hisec).

Security status is actually a sizeable portion of the cost of a gank…for those who want to stay above -5. The average gank costs about 0.17 in security status…so a clone soldier tag ( they were 50m ISK or so last time I looked ) only covers about 3 ganks. Which means each gank costs 16-17m in clone tags plus 1/3 of of ‘Concord Fee’. So in fact all of that can cost more than the Catalysts that did the gank.

I’d dispute that gankers have grown in highsec. I can recall when outside of Dodixie station used to be full of gankers. These days you can go there and there’s often no gankers at all.

Sure there’s multibox swarms like Zlegion in Uedama…but he’s after the big kills and most of what I fly or transport gets ignored. Aiko can pop up almost anywhere…but I travel all over EVE and rarely am in the same system so she’s really not that hard to avoid.

When I used to mine…I’d find systems miles from nowhere. Like Aurcel, or Azerakish ( which actually has one of the largest asteroid belts in EVE ). I had Azerakish all to myself for hours.

it doesn’t matter where you are in high sec, they will come for you. I didn’t mind ganking back in the day because it also taught you to fit your ship well enough. Now what pilots are doing is re-fitting their ship to last the gank session at best. That aint paying off either. Let alone marking corps as red to help you to some degree, which making the player feel like they are in null sec.

It’s the behaviour thats gone stupidly high. Oh let’s blow up their MTU in the mission and not touch them. Where is all this leading too. Do we need Fenris to now make MTU immune to damage in High Sec. I’m seeing one step too many.

If there is going to be massive ganking in high sec then make the the bounties as good as low sec yes ??. Because i see way more ganking in High than low in these situations yes ?. Wouldn’t you agree that would be more reasonable ?. I won’t care about the gank because the reward justifies the risk involved. Oh hang on a sec, then everyone will move out of low to come to high. Oh we can’t do that now can we.

This is my point. no balance.

Have you considered picking the MTU up sooner? Or keeping an eye out for gankers and picking up (the rest of) your MTUs if people show up who want to shoot them?

You’re not unique in HS that people shoot your MTUs.

I use MTUs too, in null sec. People destroy MTUs here too.

Just yesterday a bunch of guys showed up in my system. Wormholers found a hole nearby, and first attempted to catch and kill me, then another one of them came with a set combat probes to find me and my MTUs.

I quickly swapped to my Blockade Runner and picked up the things.

In short:

  • don’t leave your MTUs out for hours
  • pick your MTUs up early if someone shows interest in them

You don’t need to leave your MTUs out for a day unattended.

My friend, I do pick them up whist doing the mission. Like i said the other day whilst clearing an area and having my MTU out. Ganker comes in says hello and doesn’t touch me but ends up going to blow up my MTU.

“Hello i’m not here for you, keep killing NPC’s. I just want to blow your MTU”.

I can understand that in wormhole, nullsec space given that your area/environment pays big. Real big.

This is the problem with eve, they released some new mining ships all for what seriously. Gank magnets. Though does the mining ship bring in enough isk to cover the loss quickly ? Nope. Ever wonder why a lot of miners are now reverting to pioneers and not hulks in high sec.

They might as well not have any level of security status. Total state of madness mate. I’ve seen logical behaviours and illogical has grown out of proportion in this game. I need to escape before i become like them. Total madness.

Hm, not all of them are marked as Ganked on ZKB. Some of them are marked as Solo as no need to have a more than one Catalyst to wipe out an assault frigate or other frigate type (or some other ships).

Have you considered picking the MTU up?

Just bookmark the spot, pick up the MTU if that ganker arrives, place it again later.

You have the freedom that you can continue doing your site while hostiles arrive in it, unlike me in NS, but you can still warp and pick up the MTU, bookmark the spot and drop it again later once the other player disappears, right?

You also don’t have to have a MTU out while you do the site, you can still continue doing it and drop the MTU a little while later, right?

Or am I missing something?

And how do they find your ship or your MTU? Combat probes? There is counterplay to that too.

It seems like you face a puzzle in the game and instead of coming up with one of various solutions you come to the forum to complain that the puzzle is too hard.

In the worst case they kill a MTU while you pick up your other MTUs. They’re less than 9 mil, not that big of an expense.

2 Likes

Example that not all of them are marked as Ganked: CODE. | Alliance | zKillboard

So those who are doing HS pvp knows that they are not always marked. Even when target was destroyed by a group.

Buy a new one. It’s just the price of doing business in New Eden…

4 Likes

Hm, sounds like a business plan! Build & Destroy

1 Like

Destroying MTUs is a public service:

:thinking: :wink: :ccpguard:

zkill is meh

Abandoned ones yeah

Active ones with a player nearby doing a mission no .