High Sec needs serious income buffs and mechanic changes

Yes, it’s difficult, that’s the whole point! EVE is supposed to be a game where failure is always an option and success is a meaningful accomplishment. Having to work to earn your ISK makes it have value, much more so than in games where you can quickly reach endgame content and the “leveling up” process is just a few hours to learn the interface. EVE wants the kind of player that appreciates this fact, and if it makes people ragequit that they aren’t handed endgame level income within their first week of playing then EVE is a better game because of it.

1 Like

because of different reasons.
people are visiting for trade (to buy and sell)
people left null/wh entities and are looking for new ones
people are new to the game
people are ignorant that null is safer
people are high sec entities ganking
people do facton war
people do incursions
a lot of reasons to name a few good ones

when you remove afk mining and ratting, we can talk about earning isk.

PvE fitting should be removed from the game and PvP fitting should be the only kind to fit.

All pve content should be overhauled to be a PvP fight style mechanics - keeping NPC difficulty about the same as now.

Griefers should still be able to scan down mission pockets, but all people who are not the mission owner AND not in fleet AND had to use scanning to find the pocket (a potential griefer) should catch at least 75% of NPC aggro right away, get shot at by NPC targets right away, they need to earn that loot like the rest of us. NPC should ignore griefers if they run past a certain distance, but get shot at if they come back.

We don’t need more isk faucets. I have found many new players get in a scanning ship, scan down a WH, and either grab a venture and gas harvest which can be done as an alpha and make decent money with almost no isk in terms of their ship. They also do relic sites which can be very profitable and takes relatively low skill. High sec is for people who need the training wheels on.

This would result in a 40% Drop in current population rates. If anything the opposite is true.
this position hows utter ignorance of games demographics. just because you pvp does not mean everyone else has to.

1 Like

so tired of people trying to propagate that wormholes are the solution and most amazing thing in eve. They are trash.

In what way are they trash?

Off topic, keep it on high sec, or ill flag.

I’m all in favor of removing those things.

mining doesnt increase with rewards, i can now get the same ores in null sec as i can afk mining in empire. the only thing that changes that is 1 i went after just moon ore, and 2 i got into a rorq.

That makes no sense. The PvE farmer is shooting the NPCs, the PvP attacker comes in and tries to kill the threat, and instead of saying “hello enemy of my enemy, thanks for the help and let’s kill this guy” they drop their attack on the ship that is killing them and focus on the ship that is trying to save them? No.

EVE is a PvP sandbox and PvP is not something you get to avoid. But hey, at least now you’re being honest and revealing your true motivation. It’s not about new players, it’s about making highsec a more effective zero-risk farming area for people who want to opt out of PvP but still make endgame-level income.

YES. Griefer drops in on a mission pocket to gank and they get a free volly or 2 at the mission pocket owner? ■■■■■■■■. Griefer moves to the top of the aggro list.

You need to chill out on you “utter ignorance” crap - especially with that 40% garbage, that number was made up on the spot… It’s just an adjustment and the PvE in this game needs to be overhauled big time. A mission griefer would have to face off with a PvP fit ship if they drop in uninvited. I seriously doubt you know what the demographics are anyway.

You’re making the mistake of assuming that the mission runner owns the pocket. The NPCs own the pocket, the mission runner is trying to kill the NPCs and take it. So why should the NPCs forget about the ship that is trying to kill them and switch aggro to the ship that is trying to remove the threat from their space? The NPCs should help the attacking ship kill the mission runner and only aggro the attacker if they shoot at an NPC.

PS: killing mission runners is not griefing. Please stop assuming that this is WoW in space and you have a right to PvE farming without interference.

2 Likes

Interesting conversation, especially from my perspective as a player who spent 2 years in Nullsec and moved back to Highsec because this is where the markets are and this is where my business is most profitable.

The developers do not need to increase the amount of ISK entering the game - on the contrary they need a way to sink the excess ISK that is already here. What needs to increase is the velocity of ISK, - the number of times each ISK changes hands. You accomplish this with material rewards rather than cash rewards. The Abyss is a good example. Loyalty point stores could use an overhaul but the concept is excellent - they sink ISK and let the player choose the reward that is most useful to them at the time.

In an economy where nothing wears out or goes obsolete, demand is driven by destruction. I’ll argue that Highsec, with 70% of New Eden’s population, may be a bit too safe. We should be contributing our fair share to the destruction statistics!

4 Likes

But but lip quivers the kiddie pool should pay more…

1 Like

It’s almost like high sec is not the kiddie pool but a valid area of space with it’s own rule set.
As said by CCP a great many times.

1 Like

Show me where ccp said this please.

and even putting that said, just because its a pvp sandbox does not mean everyone has to pvp in it. its kinda like saying “all players in eve have to mine ,because mining is part of eve”

Eve faq.

Section 7

The essential core concept of EVE Online is that it is full time PvP in a sandbox
environment.

7 Likes

Just because Call of Duty is a First Person Shooter, doesnt mean Everyone has to have a gun and use it. You can walk around like a walking simulator and enjoy the scenery.

But people will get mad at you and report you if you do. Because Call of duty is a First person shooter first and foremost.

Mining isnt a core concept that the game is built around.

Youre a developer, arent you. Imagine if you made a game around a core concept, and people were complaining that they dont want anything to do with that concept that you built the game around?

Man, that would be a slap in the face.

1 Like