High Sec needs serious income buffs and mechanic changes

I bulletized my response so it’s easier.

• no and on all counts

-they need to nerf income hard to make cheap ships relevant again. That’ll allow noobs to compete in stuff they can afford to lose.

• if we are rich, only faction fit pirate and t3s will be relevant and nothing else has any reason to take the PvP field… and that’s bad for the game.

Make us poor again, CCP… and give us some casual scuffle mechanics. Noobs love casual mechanics in ships they can beat.

It kinda is actually. Because the game is built around production & destruction.

1 Like

You can create things with reprocessing junk and things that were looted from NPCs, though.

Not on any kind of realistic scale. Industry including mining in EVE is part of the core gameplay. CCP even nerfed reprocessing specifically to make sure it stayed that way.
Now… I’ll agree it’s a poor part of the core gameplay that shows it’s 20 year old design.
But lets not pretend it’s not a core part of EVE.

And yet the amount we make through bounties shows us that if mining was severely, nerfed, we would have no problem in collecting those wrecks and building ships from those modules we reprocess.

Its a core part of eve in the same way that PVE is a core part of the gameplay. That is, everything that is in the game, is a core part of the game.

You can always make the argument that, yes, you need ISK to purchase the ships to begin with too, because no one will produce for free, and therefore PVE is a core part of the gameplay as well.

PvP is a core concept, while mining is an activity.

And to be thorough, “PvP” is not an activity. Shooting someone’s ship, or mining someone elses ore are PvP activities. In case the latter confuses:

Jump into a mining barge, find another guy’s mining barge and start mining the same rocks he’s mining. Exclusively. When he switches rocks you switch as well.

Miners really, really hate this! : - )

1 Like

This is what you said. Not that its “only a pvp sandbox”.
Your trying to make the game have rules it does not have. People are not required to pvp, no game requires them to pvp, even in games like eve with unconditional (or simi-unconditional) pvp.

They can choose to not pvp, and there is really nothing you can do about that. The majority of people in pvp would never pvp, and would support a “flagging system” if they could, but your trying to make it seem like they are blood thristy pvper and that is not the case.

The game needs more protection for those who choose to not actively engage in pvp.

You can’t be that delusional.
There are hundreds of games where you can’t avoid PvP.
You don’t “have” to be the hunter, but you do have to take part in PvP even if it is as the target.

Sources for this ‘majority’ that just happens to magically agree with you.
And no, we do not need more protection for people not actively seeking PvP.
We may need better balance and industrial ship design that matches being in a PvP environment, but we don’t need better protection in terms of things like Concord, game mechanics, and flagging.

When it comes to the topic of population in eve,
Around 45% of a game does not do pvp. trying to make them only pvpers will only result in a loss of near half of a eve’s population.

any corp leader can clearly see that the people coming in the game are always asking for something like a mining corp, but its not frequent to find new players asking for pvp.

How would you know?

And show me anywhere in this thread or in CCP posts that people have said you can/should only ever do PvP.
There is a difference between being exposed to the risk of PvP & only doing PvP, and you would do well to learn that.

2 Likes

Because of the course of my time in eve i have build over 10 corporations, and 4 alliances. more then that i am a dev and i know that 45% of an mmo’s population will never do pvp if its their option

another 33-35% (depending) will do conditional pvp (instanced based stuff) and the rest will do strictly pvp.

Eve should work in a way that allows high sec to be that non-fully pvp dedicated zone, but in fact, its more involved in pvp a lot of the time then null (if you take ship loss as an example). this is largely due to organizations like code, working around game mechanics to circumvent things like “security status” and the negative effects that comes with having -5.0 or more.

1 Like

Good news. It’s not a fully PvP dedicated zone. Like all of EVE multiple activities happen in all areas of space.

2 Likes

says the guy who refuses posting with his old char to prove he’s an old player;
says the guy who posted that he’s a new player;
says the guy who needs to beg for the isk required to create an alliance;
says the guy who continuously exposes lack of understanding of how the game works;
says the guy who, not once, backed up anything he claimed.

6 Likes

no place in eve is pvp only, just as no place is pve only. the universe is more of lots of gray with various shades, dark or light (metaphorically, more pvp or pve go’s on there).

if we take the war dec changes for example, can we say that change was “bad” for eve? If it was not bad, then i ask “why was it good?”. when it comes to healing the population rates of eve its clear that high sec does not leave a good impression on new players. Little work provides little results, while null, provides huge results with little work. I am advocating to remove abuse from high sec, however, interestingly i believe the best way to do that is to create support and gui related features that empower organizations like “anti-code” to exist and ultimately remove them.

That being said they need to just shoot (-5.0) pods in high sec buff the isk rates.

What abuse? You keep claiming this but the examples you give are not abuse.
Also, realise you are talking to someone who is quite vocal in a lack of balance in high sec. There is an issue in high, but you are going the wrong way about this, and you have the wrong figures to start with.

3 Likes

That shining loperite makes all the difference, null moon ore in general is much much much better than anything you can find in high and with unlimited amount of athanor’s you can place limited only by moon’s and the willingness to sit there and mine, its endless income.

WTF no. EVE is a PvP sandbox, you agree to PvP when you log in. If you don’t like it go back to WoW, don’t try to turn a good game into your zero-risk mindless PvE farming dystopia.

Good. Those people don’t belong in EVE. The reason EVE has survived for so long, in a market where so many other games have died, is that it had its identity as a PvP sandbox and didn’t try to compromise that identity in a desperate effort to maximize subscription counts. That made EVE something special instead of a generic soon-to-be-forgotten WoW clone. Compromising EVE’s core principles out of fear that people will see what the game is like and not subscribe is the easiest way to kill the game forever.

Ahhh another bad thread started by our resident developer…

As Nevyn asked…what abuses? CODE. is not abusing anything. You may not like them, but they are not abusing anything. If they were then CCP would act as they have when players have abused game mechanics in the past. CODE. has been around a long time and through many development cycles, chances are they are going nowhere.

And when it comes to freighter ganking…they are doing God’s work. [somewhat tongue in cheek]

“much much much better” is not accurate.
its a 10% Yield increase, thats better, but not that much. When you add that to endless pvp ops, mandatory this or that, taxes, and so forth high sec does not look like a bad idea.