High Sec Orca AFK problem solved?

Better yet just remove harvesting drone capability from the Orca.

People wouldent just use it to boost,. Would just kill the ship mite as well just delete it then

Use a Freighter then? get friends to cover you and help get it in place.

I dont see how you putting up a structure in a WH means that everyone can just AFK play eve?

{citation needed}

1 Like

I also use it to haul, are you trying to stop players from using the orca for anything but mining?

You do realize that the Orca and Rorqual were just booster ships until a few years ago when they were given the ability to mine? In the old days players mined in barges, boosted by the two above and life in EvE worked just fine.

Disaster struck the day Orca’s and Rorquals became mining vessels on their own.

7 Likes

Do you realize this has been changed for a reason ?

WHICH disaster ? That people use orca to mine ? That is completely retarded, they are INTENDED to be used for mining.

Like it or not, that’s how they are supposed to be used.

1 Like

Afaik that reason was that they wanted to nerf the common practice of Orcas boosting whole sector behind POS shield.

And for some reason they decided that if they nerf that they need to add a buff/new functionality as they expected that without it nobody will use.

Considering we got and will yet receive ■■■■ ton of nerfs due/to rorqual (and possibly orca) mining too much, was that really good decision back then? They are probably scared of nullsecers unsubbing if they revert rorqual back to the no self mining state, or (which is more probable) they don’t want to change it because they don’t want to admit that they made mistake.

2 Likes

Nullsec is another matter entirely. The virtually unkillable AFK highsec whales are the current topic.

1 Like

Who is “the AFK whales” ?
Do you have proof that they are actually AFK ?
That post just looks that stupid propaganda. “I don’t like them so they are AFK whales”.

And who is virtually unkillable ?
JF with more tank die in Jita. Orcas are not unkillable, just not worth killing, which is a complete different thing.

3 Likes

I was merely trying to prevent an off topic poster from derailing the conversation. “AFK Orca” is the title of this thread.

1 Like

my bad then.

You mean well.

How do I know they are AFK? When I bump them 100km out of the belt and they still just sit there for another 30 minutes not saying or mining a damn thing…

4 Likes

thanks mate

^this

2 Likes

Like honestly if you think people sit there and actually mine in them your mistaken, and another huge problem if they arnt even boosting with them so they are AFK useing ships that cater for AFK mining…

1 Like

And so ?
All is shows is, that they are not reacting.

You just look like someone frustrated when he is not insulted in local.

So, your issue is that people don’t insult you in local. Why are you lying and claim it is a general problem ?

No, it means they are not at the keyboard. All they have to do is warp out if they are being bumped, or speak up in local…

2 Likes

No it does not. It means they don’t react. Anything more is just BS.