High sec pvp and (REAL-PVP) piracy

“real” piracy died a long time ago when lowsec went from “100M ISK to keep your ship” to “LOLNOOBHEADSHOTI"MLEETGTFOLOL” then they pop you after you foolishly paid ransom.
Then nobody went to lowsec any more.
Then there were 4 years of “hurr durr CCP force more people into lowec (so they can die in my raep cage gate camp)”
So the fake pirates went to highsec and started ninja loot baiting.
But CCP made it possible to abandon wrecks. Mainly because of pressure from the “free wrecks” channel.
So the master baiters had a tantrum, and CODE. was born.
I remember real lowsec piracy and what a merry band it was. You can be a stuffed shirt and be all like “reeeee! They killed my cruiser!” or you can join them and have a good time.
But it didn’t help that CCP failed at one thing: people starting websites featuring and boasting about their exploits against other players. This was the meta game of the fake pirates. Nobody wants to be on somebody blog getting pointed at and laughed at. Copyright rules could have put a stop to that.
So there you go.
Was lowsec “real PVP”?
To an extent. Much as changed.
It’s just a game anyway. It’s too bad people who can’t experience joy are playing it.

1 Like

Posts like this are why I’m not even gonna stick around to see change. I’m done with code. And this game. I usually pump tens of thousands into a game. Stopping at few hundred here. Just not worth it.

Well done CCP. But I can’t support this with $$$ any more.

Well said, that is a way how a few drove out lots of from the game.
WELL DONE CCP!!!

Don’t know about you guys, but I still ransom and honor them. Please pay me a visit, be happy to take your ISK.

Looks legit

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.