High sec should be.. more safe

A case of using the letter of the law to avoid the spirit of the law.

3 Likes

This is why the law clearly states that there are no exceptions. All miners must obtain a permit. James truly did think of everything.

1 Like

I literally did.

Exactly where you assume that the link was an additional proof. It was a mere explanation of a part that ā€œsome peopleā€ could not understand.

Thank you sherlock.

A strawman is when someone answers to an argument by making it say something else that it meant in the first place.
For example, when you are claiming that I linked the article to prove my point, even though I explicitly wrote it was for explanations of a part that was misunderstood, you are making a strawman.

Indeed, that statement is still true that Eve is a PVP game. But opposing PVP to PVE makes no sense. Eve is a PVP and PVE game, they are not mutually exclusive. So when people claim it is ā€œPVP centricā€, it implies that the priority is put on the PVP part in terms of gameplay, which is actually completely false. The priority is made on the PVE part, because the PVP players could not enjoy the game without a lot of PVE players - be it to hunt them, or to use the ships they create.

Yeah sure, PVP in Eve is only going with noobships and civilian modules.
Thank you for proving my point : If there was no PVE in Eve, we could only fly noobship and T1M0 modules.

Only two things are certain in life, death and taxes.

One day both will catch up with me, until then screw the reaper and the revenue collectors.

1 Like

Excuse me? :flushed:

2 Likes

Figure of speech, Iā€™m sure.

If youā€™re nice I do use lube.

thereā€™s only one brand that is suited for him.

This is sexual harassment and I donā€™t have to take your abuse.

3 Likes

Whatever floats your boat dearie, personally thatā€™s a big fat nope.

1 Like

Thatā€™s because youā€™re missing the point and the context. :wink:

This is not about whether EvE is a PvP-centric game or not, itā€™s about the implications. Understanding what CCP intends the game to be is useful in understanding why things like suicide ganking are an integral part of the game by design, and why there is nothing wrong with the players that play the game that way or with the game allowing it the way it does.

When someone posts in a thread like this asking for suicide ganking to be nerfed and high sec to be safer, you may do several things about it. What I always do is try to help players understand what the game is about (as stated by CCP themselves), so those players realise their time would be much better spent learning to properly play the game in general and how to avoid being suicide ganked in particular, instead of making wrong assumptions and whining about high sec not being as safe as they think it should be.

There are other players, however, that prefer to keep whining and pushing for nerfs to suicide ganking one or two steps at a time, so when you bring up CCP stance on the matter, they need to disqualify it so it doesnā€™t stand in their way. And thatā€™s where the heat comes from.

Nobody does. Thatā€™s not the issue at all.

The game as we know it would simply not exist without the PvE part, it would be something else. But thatā€™s not really the issue. Using this kind of arguments to try to prove whether EvE is PvP-centric or PvE-centric is silly because the same could be said about the other part too, i.e. without PvP the PvE part would lose its meaning and the game would simply not exist as we know it either.

So you cannot really use an argument like this to prove things are one way or another. Why would an honest person use an argument like this to try to ā€œproveā€ things are one way but then completely ignore the same could be done to ā€œproveā€ the exact opposite?

But again, thatā€™s not the issue. Your interpretation of what sheā€™s arguing is an oversimplification.

Agreed. Thatā€™s exactly my stance on the matter too, including the ā€œnot sure where you were goingā€ part. :smile:

3 Likes

Actually thatā€™s the only issue.
All I was arguing against is people claiming that the game is PVP centric BECAUSE CCP said it was PVP at its core some 10years ago, while the actions of CCP have showed they intend to make it a game where PVE is the base for PVP (both as ā€œleads toā€ and as ā€œis required toā€), by adding more PVE activities and less PVP activity (besides abyssal PVP there was none).

As I wrote before, this whole ā€œsafetyā€ issue is IMO a big nothing because people donā€™t define what IS safety correctly. So I donā€™t care about the implications of your affirmations. All I care about is, that those affirmations are wrong, and the only reason you affirm them is because you want to censor people with a different opinion, even if this means you are using strawman, stupidities, personal aggressions, all the arsenal of the internet troll. Because you actually donā€™t care about the discussion, you donā€™t care about other peopleā€™s opinion, you are just a self-centered crybaby whining on the forum that the reality does not fit his vision.

1 Like

I must say that you are schooling this poor misguided chap very well,. keep up the good work.

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode hey friend, can something be done about flag abuse? Itā€™s creating a toxic environment and I imagine a lot of extraneous work for you guys.

3 Likes

Loots from high sec ganks should be confiscated by CONCORD and sold at an auction

TLDR: That article is wrong too. It uses other PvP games to ā€œproveā€ EvE isnā€™t a PvP game just because the PvP in EvE is different, but then does not take into consideration at all how PvE works in PvE games when claiming EvE is a PvE game. It also claims things @Anderson_Geten claims here, e.g.:

If one wants to make ISK in EVE, aside from using oneā€™s credit card to buy PLEX to sell on the market, a player has to PVE.

which are plain wrong.

Such as? Oh wait, itā€™s not that I do that, itā€™s that youā€™re gonna lie about it again, right?

Yeah, as expected. You donā€™t see the problem of me not saying anything there about your opinion on anything, nor me claiming you had asked me that either, which you were falsely claiming in previous posts I had done, do you?

But of course, youā€™re gonna completely dodge that little problem, or if you donā€™t, youā€™re gonna play word games around it, and pretend itā€™s me who ā€œgo on strawman, canā€™t accept that what he wrote is actually completely stupid, goes all aggressive, and then affirms that him being wrong means he is rightā€, eh?

ROFLMAO. Turns out @Anderson_Geten, which accuses others of strawman all the time, and made a big deal of me making a mistake I immediately acknowledged, calling me stupid and whatnot for that, doesnā€™t know what a strawman is. Now this is hilarious. Iā€™m gonna bookmark this for posterity. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I canā€™t speak for others, but thatā€™s not what I imply. Iā€™m using the ā€œPvP-centricā€ term as a shortcut for the slightly longer ā€œessentially a PvP game at its coreā€, which is how CCP describes it, because, unlike you, I donā€™t pretend to know better than CCP what EvE is, or is intended to be, or isnā€™t, so whatever ā€œPvP-centricā€ means to you, if it doesnā€™t fit well with the way CCP describe it themselves, thatā€™s not what I mean in this context.

I donā€™t interpret ā€œessentially a PvP game at its coreā€ as implying anything about where the priority is placed in terms of gameplay, whatever that means, but rather that PvP is pervasive to everything in EvE, that all the other aspects of the game are developed with the PvP aspect of the game in mind (even abyss, hence the abyssal traces), and hence that players should not expect to be able to ignore the PvP aspect of the game while doing other things.

Except thatā€™s another issue different from merely stating that some aspect of the game (be it PvP or PvE) wouldnā€™t exist without the other, which is what I said was not the issue in the post you replied to hereā€¦

CCPā€™s stance on this matter is precisely what makes the difference in determining whether EvE is PvP-centric or PvE-centric, because without that you cannot (at least I wouldnā€™t) claim EvE is one or the other.

That CCP made that statement 10 years ago does not invalidate it in any way, nor does the fact that CCP has kept adding PvE content during all this time, and I already explained why thatā€™s the case.

Now, if some CCP representative stated something to the contrary, or if they had done something like introducing the abyss sites without having included those pesky abyssal traces, then I would look at it differently, but so far that hasnā€™t been the caseā€¦

LOL. Says the person that trolls every thread in which she participates, plays word games, claims people said things they never said, does all the things she falsely accuses others of doingā€¦ AND on top of that, flags every post she doesnā€™t like, even though the only thing that could be considered ā€œinappropriateā€ about those posts is talking to her the same way she does to others all the time in every thread where she participatesā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

I agree. Some of the children are using it to silence people.

funny thing is, my definition and the one you quoted actually are very close - to not say define the same thing.

No it does not invalidate it when it was expressed. It does invalidate however the idea that this statement still stands.

Lol. insults, insults.
And then you donā€™t understand why your posts are ā€œinappropriateā€.

1 Like

No, they are not even close, but whatā€™s really funny is that after all the things youā€™ve told others, and the big deal you made of it in this very thread, now youā€™re gonna try to make it look like you knew what you were talking about all this timeā€¦ :rofl:

Again, because you say so. Youā€™ve decided that 10 years is too much for it to remain valid and thatā€™s all we should care about. The fact that CCP hasnā€™t stated anything that would support your claim doesnā€™t matter.

Actually, wait, I had assumed all this time that this 10 years thing was correct, but I didnā€™t really know nor did I check myself, so seeing how @Anderson_Geten lies all the time and has proven to not know what heā€™s talking about multiple times already, I figured I might as well check myself. Guess what I found at the end of the New Pilot FAQ ?

Ā©2013 CCP hf. All rights reserved. ā€œEVE Onlineā€, ā€œEVEā€ and the CCP logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of CCP hf.
Version E2 Jan 14, 2014

Who would have guessed? Looks like CCP updated that FAQ in 2014, but apparently forgot to ask @Anderson_Geten what should they put there instead of that PvP-centric stuffā€¦

In your posts you mean? Are you flagging my posts for quoting the insults you make in yours?

Oh, we all understand very well. You obviously cannot stand being proven wrong and being talked to the same way you talk to others all the timeā€¦

1 Like

@ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode

3 Likes