High Sec War Limitation ideas for a healthy War Declaration System

Oh I didn’t know you can rejoin the alliance - as far as I knew you can’t join corps that are currently in a war, but if that’s not working then meh.

Yea the size difference is not going to work. But also if you price it too high, you might step on some legitimate potential content things - like smaller hisec corps declaring on ones that take their space or whatnot. I keep coming to the conclusion that this might be wishful thinking on my part though …

You could impose a cost to joining an aggressor corp at war that would match any increase in wardec fee. This would be if you based wardec costs by attacker size. Not a biggy but would add some reason for wardec corps to have a cool off week to join new applicants up. Which would be a nice counter pressure.

1 Like

[quote=“NotTheSmartestCookie, post:7, topic:88076”]
The biggest problem for EVE is silly people telling new players that null-/low sec is too dangerous instead of telling them it is where the fun can be had.
[/quote] i agree. When I joined my first player corp and started wondering about whats in lowsec and nullsec they strongly urged me not to go there saying its just full of killers and anything not ready to fight will be dead before any reward can be obtained. I ignored them and guess what, THERE WAS NO SUCH HUGE AMOUNT OF KILLERS. I actually made some really nice ISK out of nullsec exploration because it’s actually pretty underpopulated (or atleast where I went) and now not even a month later I’m in a nullsec corporation lol.

2 Likes

Warrning to new players: this is usual false advertising which aims to attract new and inexperienced players in lowsec to become a easy prey and punch bags for locals.

Warning to new players: this is concern-trolling by a carebear who is terrified of any and all PvP in EVE. Ignore his posts. Look for a fun, supportive corp to join. Many nullsec alliances accept newbies and hand out free ships too!

3 Likes

I play pretty much high sec space currently, with a little WH stuff once in a very rare while connected with drifters.
And even I’m going to sit here and tell you you are wrong here. Null sec exploration is a low investment activity, even if you go for a covert Ops first, you are only risking a maybe 20 million isk ship, 1 hours exploration in null will usually result in more isk than that (if you get it back to high). So a couple of hours work and getting back, and you’ve paid for the next ship.

2 Likes

No. This is genuine fact. Nullsec will NOT get you killed asap unless you’re an idiot who never uses d-scan or always sits at gates in something not ready to fight.

The healthiest war declaration system would be to remove CONCORD, and anybody can declare war on anybody and shoot anybody at any time for any reason.

That’s how they do it in the real world.

Then you could actually play the game, instead of trying to play SPACE: SEMI-TRUCK DRIVER.

1 Like

Ah this already exists the game, it’s called Low Security Space. See way back in the day, low-sec actually had miners and PvE players. Then they were hunted to extinction as the game population increased, much like the Dodo. Every so often we hear from low-sec about why they cannot find content. (I think they mean clay pigeon, patato, potato). This is what you are actually asking for?

Hey I am on-board here. Freighters are a capitol ship after all, and capitol ships are not supposed to be used in high-sec. So they can be removed out to low/null where they belong - a victory for the combat orientation. Maybe even stop them using that nasty Auto-Pilot feature so many complain about.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.