High Sec War Limitation ideas for a healthy War Declaration System

US Americans, actually.

FIX GANKING FIRST !!!

Well Shadow,

If the “merc” content in high sec is the worst thing you ever did why do you always show up to defend that mechanics?

And yes your group (PIRAT) (where you hop in and out) is not longer founded by 0.0 as the NYX Fleet of Shtirlizz was caught botting. The biggest founder of HIGH Sec wars is currently Omega and Friends Medialabs (who owns the half of the high sec Pocos in EVE).

“We always have risk…” No M8 the sheer numbers of NEUTRAL Logistics your group brings to every fight (Most times you had more NEUTRAL Logistics on the field then DPS Ships) creates a pretty safe environment for you.

Dropping a Procurer with 10 or more ships (+ 4 Neutral Guardians, 2 Neutral Exequorers,) and 2 in Corp Nestors like your Friends did yesterday is nothing to be proud of.

I feel like you just turned up to cry and provide more tears not actually discuss what this thread is about. Considering I haven’t been active on Eve for awhile it’s quite hilarious to watch you getting triggered.

Don’t know where your getting your info but I love being a Merc, always have and always will.

Not sure what your second point has to do with anything in this thread.

Third point logistics, everyone has the same advantage if they choose it. Like you running around with logistics now, pot kettle black.

Fourth and final, what my friends decide to do with their gameplay is neither my business or yours. Sitting on an undock in a thrasher popping frigates for the majority of your Eve career hardly gives you any right to talk about what people should be ‘proud of’.

Slips back into shadow of retirement

It seems i hit a nerve… :wink:

As a former long time high sec “merc”. I have to say ofc the war mechanic is broken and needs to be fixed.

The only reason why they dec +100 corps and alliances is to provide content to their members. It doenst have anything to do with the meaning of a war. They create themself a big pool of helpless targets and then they sit on the tradehub gates waiting for them.

@ shadowninja.
You have absolute no clue what i did in my eve “career” (its a game after all…). Sitting in an thrasher at the undock at jita 44 and shooting frigates while reading the newspaper shouldnt be possible and is an absolute proof that the war mecanic is broken.

When i came back in 2017 after an eve break i saw an group (VMG which merged into Pirat)
that crossed every line of acceptable behavior (dropping an single eve uni guy with 26 ships alongside with pathologic smack talking in local). Thats the reason why i fight you since then.

It would be better you stay in the shadows…

I believe the problem in highsec is much deeper. After Rubicon, the push from CCP was to get players into SOV null. And to a large part it worked. What CCP failed to realize was that many of those highsec players that went to null, were actually members of the many smaller corps in highsec that recruited and trained new players. I remember being a new player in 2006, in one of my alt’s corps we got wardec’d within about 1 month of joining. The senior players herded us into one system, protected that system, formed and lead fleets and actually taught us how to handle wars, use alts to ferry supplies and still make isk (something significantly harder back then) while at war. Helped cover our insurance and provided us modules (and ships) to replace those lost. The system was ‘fine’ because there were enough senior people who could teach us new players and not allow a war to shut down our gameplay.

Well, that doesn’t exist anymore (to a large extent) many ‘smaller’ corps seem to be led by players with maybe a year under their belts. They don’t have either the numbers or experience to teach/protect their newer players. Those players that didn’t leave highsec, either left EvE or greatly reduced their playing time. Who can blame them, they are treated like second class citizens by CCP and received repeated nerfs over the last 5 to 6 years all the while receiving no significant changes to their gameplay (before abyss, but even that was a sort of backhanded slap at first). Highsec has changed, and if we ever want eve to grow again, CCP needs to make changes. If people don’t learn how to properly play EvE in the first few months, I doubt they will stay for long. For those that don’t remember, CCP used to boast about how they had some of the highest numbers of long time players - you don’t hear a peep about that now.

War dec’s are a part of the problem in highsec, if CCP doesn’t do more to make highsec more desirable for long term players, we can continue to expect the unnecessary loss of new players to mechanics like these. I can hardly blame a new player that sees a significant amount of his total wealth lost in outnumbered fights he cannot possibly win, wanting to no longer play. Or worse, being stuck in station, unable to even play the game he just found - why on earth would we expect him to stay? All the things mentioned above about avoiding wars and/or using alts are things he probably doesn’t know.

I’m not agreeing with the OP’s changes, but rather agree that change needs to happen. CCP might not particularly care about new player retention, but don’t be so sure their new owners won’t. Sooner or later I can see the number of new players that try EvE compared to the number of players that remain after 6 (or so) months become a metric that matters. Who here wants to bet that we won’t see something like ‘premium’ ships or ammo in the next few years? Everything we’ve heard about PA is that they are focused on making money, I can’t see low player retention numbers being something they would ignore for long.

The community needs to fix Ganking before they look at War Decs :slight_smile:

How about uniting against war deccers and fielding battlecruiser fleet ? Oh, and if you want to force them to come to you - just go after their pocos… but then you do realize you are getting neck deep into the war, right?

No to fix the war mechanic is more important.

I think the ratio ganking victims vs victims by absuive use of the war mechanic = 1 to 1000

People are the problem, not really the mechanics

Bring back the watchlist, and see smaller groups flourish all over the place…
Who cares about nullsec super bots at this point? Especially since the watchlist was removed because of their crying

This is a sensible post, in so far as it calls for the player base to take responsibility and action to enact their wishes on the sandbox rather than having CCP create safe spaces.

But I would be amiss if I did not warn that the player base is vastly in support of player efforts to make highsec more exciting, and willing to provide substance tot hat support: MinerBumping.com: Shareholders.

You want to make wars more fair without all this “newbie hunting” which as pathetic as it is, does exist.

The easiest solution by far is to make peoples employment history not public information.

This would stop completely the free intel these people rely on to hunt new players. It would also require people to “take chances” rather than know they can dominate someone outright like they unrealisticly can now, because we all know in any semblance of real life this information wouldn’t be public.

But this is where realism and game mechanics come head to head. Because people are down right scared of having to take chances, and CCP are afraid to make their “experienced players” have to actually “sink or swim” instead of “shooting fish in a barrel”.

Carebears complaining about pvp in a pvp game.

Nevah!

3 Likes

Too late, wardec are dead and will be removed from Eve.

keep dreaming lmao

Lets step back from EvE for a moment. Could you imagine any gaming company that would tolerate having an in-game mechanic that: “significantly impacts the ability to recruit and retain new players”? That is the major problem with wardecs that CCP is going to address. Any solution that doesn’t solve that problem, isn’t a solution at all. Dream about structures and markers and war bonds all you want, but if you can’t fix that problem - CCP probably won’t consider your ‘solution’ a solution at all.

it would be nice if Project Nova could be integrated with EvE properly this time… targets wont undock but logged in…send a squad of troopers in to assassinate them an their implants.

From previous information, that’s not on the roadmap.

Completely stand alone game, just set in the same location. No integration with Eve at all.

I think there are a lot of people that would love to see it as an extension of Eve, so hopefully Eve Vegas discussion/presentation brings something new on that (though the survey results a while back didn’t seem to have that as a high priority).

you can’t hop corps when in war. you just can get out of them.

You can hop corps in a war. You can leave a corp in a war, and you can also join a corp in a war. The only limitation is that you can’t leave a corp in a war and then rejoin the same corp while the war is on. But you can leave a corp from an alliance that is at war, and then rejoin another corp in the same alliance and thus rejoin the war. It’s all rather broken.

It all makes the notion of balancing wars based on size rather laughable. Both aggressors and defenders can easily game the system and leave/join wars on a whim. I’d throw all notion of size out the window when it comes to war costs.