High Sec War Limitation ideas for a healthy War Declaration System

Posts on alt, obviously scared or one of the people I killed.

I have to say thank you, now we have gone from ‘new players’ to ‘low skilled pvp players’.
So now before I shoot someone I have to check their character age and check PVP record to make sure they’re competent.

P.s I’m in high, null and recently left WH.

Totally neutral statements on that poll
/s

1 Like

I tried make them funny, to cheer up the topic. No offense intended. :innocent:

Been playing since 2006 did it all but it always amazes me how someone can consider wardec corps in high sec a challenge or pvp and lol no I am not scared of your kind and never actually met you but I could pay a lot of people to do a lot things to you in game and to your Corp see to have trillions has some advantages

1 Like

PVP - Player vs player. Shouldn’t really have to explain how war decs make this happen.

Challenge - depends who you war, one of our wars recently killed one of our machs with 34 players, seems like a good challenge to me.

I don’t personally consider null sec a challenge, just a fleet of guys pushing F1 in a giant blob but then that’s my opinion same as you have yours.

Unfortunately trillions still makes you useless, come on here throwing around claims of challenge and PVP, risk free wars yet need to pay people to “do stuff to me and my corp”.

Please go ahead, would save us a fortune on wars.

If the corp the attackers flip to is already at war with the defender, you can’t do this. Requesting to be a formal ally takes 24 hours, so there is nothing you can do. You would literally have to be in every single war that your friend’s corp is in.

And just like you don’t want 30 vs 150 we don’t want 30 vs 5, so you can cram that argument and shove it, boss.

You realize how ridiculous it is to have all allies on field, ready for a timer, and then suddenly your attacker corp-flips and there’s nothing allies can do? Abusing the fact that allies require a timer to join a war when corp-flipping occurs instantly is the baseline of this mentality. That fact that your “fix” for this is for everyone to be part of the same corporation is indicative of the fact you’re not looking for balance, here.

Requesting allies takes 4 hours.

War decs take 24 hours, leaving you 20 hours before a timer to offer assistance against ANY entity that has war decced the structure holding corp/alliance. We know… we have had to do it ourselves when entities have been attacking protection contracts, if you spent less time whining about a mechanic and looked at the solutions you would realise its easy.

Balance and Eve? Best joke of this whole post.

I wouldn’t even consider it an argument, just a point of view. I agree I wouldn’t want to fight 30 vs 5 but if your anchoring structures (which you seem to base this all around) then you need to be able to defend them structures.

Excuse me if I don’t make a career out of knowing the ins and outs of a system I loathe.

Four hours still doesn’t change the premise. You shouldn’t be able to just corp-flip and avoid the consequences of allies on field.

Edit: Moreover, it doesn’t change the implicit mentality that high-sec deccers are exploiting that to avoid fights. Again, you’re not looking for good fights, just easy kills.

1 Like

I don’t disagree with you, if you look at the original post you quoted I said that corp dropping/flipping is one of our biggest problems as we get whole corps fold up within 10 minutes of a war dec.

Issue is, if people are allowed to do this with no downfall then damn right we will use it to our advantage every chance we can as it may result in CCP putting restrictions on corp flipping/dropping which would help us reduce the amount of wars we have to have.

If someone feels offended or uncomfortable with the poll options content, just poke me and I will make another. I doubt many people will vote anyway, but still…

Eh, this corp flipping (on both sides) could be easily fixed by “war follows member for 24 hours after leaving corp”. Possibly even make it for 24 hours after it started in case it hasn’t already.

It would be a decent start to make neutral remote reps impossible when repping someone that is in a war. Easy fix.

As soon as they rep they become suspect, and easy targets for your neutral pals. See Punishing remote reppers

and they don’t even get a timer and just dock/jump whenever they want - which sucks. just remove it totally.

Incorrect.

If the target they’re repping has agro so will the logistics.

Also, do you realise how much of the game would break by changing or 'removing the mechanic. Will never happen.

Just a reminder that then we produce world war alt. The opposite plan of war. Also your link doesn’t work.

Things can always change. Depending on if you like it or not your view on what is possible will be one end of the extreme or the other.

I thought proxy wars were a fine old tradition ?

That’s odd, it’s just a straightforward zKillboard link that works fine for me. Are you using NoScript or something ?

Not really, it’s been spoke about many times and have been in many discussions, a complete overhaul of the crime system is not something they would look at doing just to stop neutral logistics. Legacy code and all…

Don’t get me wrong it is POSSIBLE but just wouldn’t happen, they’re cutting staff as it is.

Not likely you will get newbros learning the game on the test server. People want to learn while actually feeling they accomplish something, not being forced off the actual server to simply play and learn the game.