High Sec War Limitation ideas for a healthy War Declaration System

Wars are not unintended
There goes your poor argument

2 Likes

Dude xD defenders got 4 hours to get involved in a war and an agressor got 24 hours… just defend EVERY ■■■■■■■ agressor and you can fight them back … and again -> eve is not hello kitty so its risky to set up own structures. If you cant defend them then its your problem and not an exploit.

And now troll yourself and lern the easy eve mechanics

EDIT : https://zkillboard.com/character/433826359/
https://zkillboard.com/corporation/98381456/
I see how much experience you got :joy::rofl:

Long forgotten and Interesting stuff. CCP drawing a line in the sand:

With the changes currently in the pipeline we do realize that wars become a bit more hardcore and harder to avoid. But the line that is being drawn in the sand here is that if you’re in a player run corporation, then war is something you must be prepared to tackle.

I actually do not know why I am even responding to this. I think by now people know my stance.

I just really don’t care anymore. CCP will do whatever the hell they want. I think we have seen evidence that player input is for the most really ignored once they have that bee in their bonnet.

Shall i continue about features never asked for or wanted ending up being even worse than it’s predecessor?

Rant over. :slight_smile: Now to go find my war targets… need to run locates, fly an alt 20 jumps to confirm the bastard is actually online, nope repeat for an hour… log off. Winning. :slight_smile:

Change defender to aggressor and you have your example from above… corp jumping goes both ways. And yeah, it is frustrating.

There are folk that specifically have multiple corporations to jump to in the event of a wardec. These same folk would also un-anchor and re-anchor POS structures, while switching corps. They were prepared, and in the end the aggressor would be left paying 50m a pop to “fight” multiple one man shell corps. Those one man corps could then open for defenders and depending on if they wanted to hire or not, the aggressor could end up fighting half of HS.

Citadels, have put a bit of an anchor on a corp… a bit. But even they have complications, vulnerability times and manipulations can be a real bear in HS. An aggressor has to pay special attention to the vulnerability time of a structure, failure to do so can make a siege require weeks to complete. During that EVERYTHING of value can be removed from the citadel. On top of that, since un-anchoring does not make a citadel actually vulnerable for immediate destruction (don’t think this changed)… depending on when you declare and when that vulnerability time is, the structure can be safely taken down.

So, basically, the defender has no reason to stay, and multiple ways to avoid a war they don’t want. While the aggressor is paying for, at best, nothing, at worst, fighting the big merc corps… or they can jump corp too.

Now, you might be thinking, "But my alliance… " … should learn to defend itself.

The current war mechanics are unusually balanced in that they are mostly useless to either side… and are in dire need of a total overhaul from the foundation up.

1 Like

High Sec wars are boring beyond belief. You either give the enemy easy ganks or you try to fight and their nowhere to be seen. One of my alts were war dec’d, so since 1/2 of our corp lived in a Class 5 wh, we all jumped out to help our high sec members and have some fun. We would up doing a conga line around the “aggressor’s” station (30 to 50 ships) while they refused to undock. It would be great if CCP could force people to fight, but that’s impossible. Perhaps something they could try is that when you declare a war, you have to set an ending criteria (i.e. cost) based on the number of players, age, etc. This way if the ‘industrial’ corp doesn’t want this to continue, they could pay to end the war (there would be a 24 hour timer, so the war would be ‘live’ for at least 24 hours. Additionally, you’d be unable to re-dec the same corp for an amount of time, but even this could be bypassed. Really, there isn’t much more that CCP could do. The ability to get allies (mercs) is great. But even with allies, if you can’t force a fight…

That’s the key of why it needs to change but any suggested change will result in all parties demanding it only get the benefits without the risks or the costs.

1 Like

It’s post like these that make me realise I’m better off not trying to argue with idiots.

Unintended, abuse, circumvention, new corps, expoilts, loop-holes.

Really? :laughing:

Obviously have zero idea what your talking about.

Then the alt accounts part… :laughing: :roll_eyes:
Yeah ok, I’m a griefer because I have alts.

1 Like

I’m a casual player. And just logs in now and then to play. I went out to try these new combat sites. And surprise, my fit isn’t really working. I want to go to a trade hub and change my fit. But wow, I’m in a wardec and no way do I want to loose my ship to change a few fittings. I was planning to go to low-sec after btw.

Its just such a chore just to change my fit on my precious cruiser. I need to log in on an alt, go to the trade-hub near. Then travel to my “main” who are wardecced. JUST because I want to change a few things on my ship. THEN after that I’m good to go.

Its ridiculous how much work I need to put into it just to change a few things on my ship. So I’m just not going to bother and not play lol.

Here is a tip, stop going to Jita to buy things.
I’m in and out of Dodixie and Amarr all the time, I have been in a small Corp for years and I have never been war deced for entering a trade hub.

Or just leave corp for 7 days, move your ■■■■ out and you’re fine.

You’re actively trying to find reasons not to play here

By the way, I’m also a casual player. I don’t spend hours online every day.

Being a casual player means you actually have to put more effort in to make sure those hours you do play are productive in some way or other in this game.

If you want to be able to do what you want, then you have to find ways around it (and there are always ways around). Whether you choose to do what is necessary to bypass the war is up to you. That’s not the fault of the wardec system or CCP. CCP have made it clear that being in a corporation has consequences (as does all decisions in EVE). If you want to be in a corporation then you have to accept that wardecs are a consequence of that.

1 Like

Yes. Loop-holes.

You guys are sitting here saying “herp derp you should defend your stuff” but when we do, the attackers corp-flip and suddenly you can’t engage them while they tear down your allies’ citadel. THAT, to me, is an exploit. It’s a deliberate get out of jail free card and you still wind up doing damage to the defender who is defending their assets.

You guys don’t want people to defend their assets, you want them to roll over and give you killmails. If high-sec war deccers gave a ■■■■ about good fights they wouldn’t expressly go out of their way to avoid them. Acting all high and mighty calling me an idiot doesn’t change the fact that high-sec war deccers are typically cowards who are just looking for easy targets.

C- on the forum game. You can hand-wave it all you want but the evidence is in the game.

Then maybe EVE should stop putting so much emphasis on consequences and reputation. If the solution to avoid deliberate exploitation of the system on behalf of your attackers is to just drop everything, quit playing for a week, and go to a different corp, then it’s an issue that needs to be addressed. People should be playing the game, not waiting for an arbitrary, ■■■■■■■■ timer to expire so they can avoid being harassed by players they don’t stand a chance against.

But hey, all about that butterfly effect right? A high-sec war deccer war decs someone and they just quit playing the game altogether. Chaos theory and all that.

Look, the simplest solution is the most obvious. Pull-up stakes, park any corporation assets and disband to either small 1-man or NPC corporations. It’s over - finished. CCP is never going to address the ganking/griefing aspect in high-sec so the best thing you can do is to stop playing “their game”. Get setup to run T2 fit mission ships with as little Faction/Deadspace bling as possible (in excess of 200k EHP is preferable).

Transport all your mission loot in heavily-tanked T2 deep space transports (if you don’t have access to one, contract it out until you do). Stop moving ridiculous amounts of stuff around in freighters and Bowheada (more trips but infinitely less risk). Don’t buy any PLEX, skill extractors or SKINs from CCP (other than in-game trhough the market). Cancel your subscription and either revert back to Alpha or PvE enough to PLEX your main account every month.

If you want to send a clear message do this and hit both CCP and null-sec where it hurts. No free source of income means null-sec players finally have to entertain the prospect of paying for their subscription (since ganking T2 ships and transports will soon become a losing proposition). No easy kills means there’s nothing to get excited or gloat about to post on r/Eve. Without having to worry about making a living anymore in high-sec (Alpha), CCP loses out on a massive revenue stream from high-sec players buying PLEX to replace ganking and griefing losses. Dropping to NPC corporations means virtually the end of WarDecs and content for null-sec players in high-sec.

Do this for 3 months and watch heads roll. The outcry will be nothing short of biblical. CCP will be forced to show their true colors and address these long overdue issues or they’ll simply cave to null-sec and start imposing bans on players using NPC corporations after a set amount of time in-game (at which point you might as well stop logging in to drive the point home).

The irony is that high-sec players make up the majority of EVE’s playerbase, contribute the most revenue to CCP and generate consistent content and income for other groups. High-sec players are generally disorganized which is why they’re continually underrepresented and casually ignored.

Nothing short of a bit of anarchy is going to bring about any change. Posting the same topic over and over on forums which CCP has demonstrated little if any desire to actually read or respond to accomplishes nothing.

2 Likes

Noobs shouldnt have their own corps. That would cut down on a bug chunk of this river of “war decs are broken” tears. Learn to play and make some allies/friends before getting your own corp. Would you start your own business the day after graduating college or work in the field a while to add xp to the degree you paid for.

If they drop any corp you could attack then its fine for you because you are safe. If you friend got attacked the help them and send a defender request. No exploit . Just simple corp switch. You can do the same.

1 Like

And we have put up with years upon years of cloaky warp trick, corp dropping/flipping and [insert other ways to avoid wars].

Working as intended.

We want fights, we just don’t want 30 vs 150 when our 30 is actually only 10 real players, we experienced that ass kicking with pandemic horde.
Same way we “dock up and hide” as people would say when they bring a 50 man fleets and there is 2 of us online.

Just as a side note… It’s only any ALLIES that cannot attack people, the defending citadel corporation can. Maybe keep assets in corporation next time? Or assist on any new wars within the 20 hour window you have?

Ok I will try to be as neutral as possible here, since this topic has long and sharp teeth.

But I think we need a poll.

So there!

Voting is anonymous. Get everyone of your EVE friends to vote and spread the word, so others can vote.

Do you think High Sec Wars need to be changed?

• Yes! Change it now! It is not balanced. I am tired of this bull-crap!
  • No! Leave High Sec wars as they are! Works as intended. Now gimme these juicy helpless noob killmails!

0 voters

I got the chuckle out of this post. Pure griefing of low skill pvp players that can not make it in null that is all that wardec
Was since 2008 at least. You don’t want pvp you want to ■■■■ on people. There are ways to get fights all over in eve.

1 Like