Highsec equivalent to the nullsec Drifters please

People might think it’s hyperbole. It’s not, every activity has been shut down completely, and the only thing you can do is sit it out on the station.

There’s only one way to make people understand just what’s going on exactly right now, and that’s making Triglavians do the exact same thing, in highsec.
I’d love to see that.

1 Like

Pirate factions spawn. Hoover up ore belts. Spawn roaming fleets, also response fleets that the second a mining fleet warps onto.grid with someone with bad standings (like from oh… rats attacking you while mining…) Spawn a big by highsec standard response fleet. That scram, neuts etc. And burns down anything high sec capable unless you happen to be flying a specifically made fit for them.

Now sure, by null standards they aren’t that scary, but null standards allow BFG Titans to drop whatever you want to kill with a single cyno. Highsec requires clicking jump on 29 gates with a battleship instead. So stuff is scarier, there is no hot drop o’clock.

4 Likes

There are tons of botters in HS too…

1 Like

Exactly Kashara , I’d like to see all of High Sec shutdown just like it is for us in Null

1 Like

This is the null where loads of people are using solo solutions to drifter fleets right?
Where your drifters don’t have Doomsdays to deal with.
That null where you have cap ships capable of taking huge alpha by the literal tens of thousands.

1 Like

Ah, the Drifter battleships in Null have a BFG themselves based on what I’ve seen. There’s also a rumor that these Drifter battleships ignore panic mode resists on a rorqual. Anyone able to confirm any of these two points? The Drifters in null just seem to be dumb-strong for no reason.

CCP have stated outright that the drifter fleets do not have a BFG and if they do it is a bug. And to screenshot and bug report. So far no one has even screenshotted.
This is separate from the drifters that spawn from killing lancers or patrol UIwh systems under a different set of rules.

Drifter also have under 100k ehp on a battleship… you know the ships that normally rock 300k in a fleet fit.
And have a dps of not much over 1000. Again well within the normal range for battleships.
It’s a powerful package, but let’s not get carried away on how tough they are.

1 Like

This is the null where no matter what sub-cap (and probably even cap) you fly, you’re dead. You can’t do anything solo anymore, you’ll get insta-locked, scrammed, webbed and shot down.

Minus the web/scram for sub-caps, you just go boom in one shot. Since it’s instant, it looks like this:

You sit somewhere doing something, suddenly you see your ship explode. What looks like 1 explosion is really 2, the second one was your pod, but it happened too fast, so there’s no second animation. You see your corpse floating in space, 3 Drifters on overview, then you get beamed to the station.

The whole deal takes place so fast, it’s impossible to even react. By the time the Drifters appear on your overview, you’re already exploding.

No idea if it takes longer in a super, I don’t own one. Never been interested in chaining my char to a ship I don’t enjoy flying.

The King is dead. Long live the King!

If the old version of the game is dead, taking most of us with it, so be it.

1 Like

High sec should not get such end game content. It’s not fair to null sec players who are willing to brave the dangers of null sec that someone sitting safely in high security space under CONCORD’s omnipresent eye and omnipotent umbrella of protection should also be able to experience EVE Online as it is truly meant to be, cold, harsh.
I vote no. Let high sec rot.

1 Like

Nah, we don’t want an unfair advantage in nullsec. Let highsec people enjoy the game just as much as us.

On second thought, you’ve convinced me. I eagerly await the next patch, where CCP puts arkonor and Havens in high sec. I can’t wait to see the look of joy on all the carebear faces . . . well, I’ll have to imagine it while I scroll through the Perimeter local channel.
While I mine arkonor in my Rorqual.
I’mma get a Rorqual.

I wouldn’t mind that.

I’m living in null for the thrill and to have to pay attention to my surroundings. I could earn similar money doing L4 missions, since personally, I play the game more casually and don’t minmax the ■■■■ out of my time. So I log in, chat with my corp mates, do a Sanctum or two, chat some more and log.

Meh, dull sec’ers seem to think that PVE drifters are “waste of time” as they got more important things to do like farm, mine, and camp, don’t want to interrupt that, also waiting on the embargo to protest CCP for daring to shoot at them via NPC’s. Sheesh :wink: now who’s sour uvas.

“Who runs barter town”

2 Likes

Did you not read this thread? They’re not “a waste of time”, they cause you to not undock, because there’s nothing you can do at this point, unless you’re in a super.

I think you mean… “I haven’t figured out to fight them solo for farm isk so they suck”. Because there are groups fighting them just fine using everything from T1 destroyer to Titans.

1 Like

So what you are saying is that no one on the forums can explain anything?

That’s just crazy. Not hard to understand what players are going through all over Eve. Sure you got to weed through some BS to find truth.

The only time that seems to be wasted is asking CCP to get involved in the conversations.

Just yesterday drifters attacked one of our structures. 60 notifications from 1 single structure because they could not make up their mind. This sure is great fun.

Have any Citadels been destroyed by the Drifter invasion?

I love all the tears from null sec. What a bunch of drama queens, led by Mittens. Bad CCP, you made the game too hard for us!

Null sec badly needed a shake up like this. This is the result of the blue donut, harboring botters and the endless crabbing that goes on all day, every day in null.

I would like to see Drifters attack Ihubs and damage upgrades as well.

Love the black out phase as well! Will null sec finally lose local intel for good?

1 Like