Highsec - Expensive Ships with Expensive Modules are being Humiliated by tech 1 Destroyers

Blingy ship in highsec is just an illusion. It’s doesn’t make you hard to tank.

1 Like

That’s pretty general, care to extrapolate?

1 Like

Probably about a kill he linked elsewhere, someone in a T3 destroyer getting their ass kicked by a coercer.

I know what he’s talking about.

:wink:

1 Like

“Humiliation” applies only to humans, not ships.

So more likely you were humiliated, no?

3 Likes

I don’t want to rub the salt much further.lol. :wink:

1 Like

Of course it does. Blingier modules provide better protection and make you harder to explode.

Of course, blingy modules also make you an attractive target to pirates. You essentially forfeit your CONCORD protection when you choose to use them. This is an example of good game design by CCP where they built in a feedback loop to force player to make choices and let other players enforce the risks on them.

But I guess I digress. Yes, OP, ISK-tanking in this game doesn’t mean what you think it means. More expensive modules are usually the wrong choice and to ISK-tank means to fly something you don’t notice loosing, like those tech 1 destroyers to be honest. So, working as intended.

4 Likes

I had a real life friend who played EVE for a while during my first years.
I didn’t know he does until I’ve brought it up.

He talked about achieving his virtually indestructible drake
… and a month later he whined about how griefers attacked him.

He blinged it to the roof …
… thinking too high of himself.

4 Likes

It says "don’t fly what you can’t afford to lose " not "don’t fly blingy ships ". If someone wants to bling his ship to the max and he can afford to lose it then why not ? If that’s the fun they want to have in EVE…
Personally, I go for the mid-priced modules if it offers a significant percentage over the basic module. Otherwise I go the cheap way, just enough to accomplish what I want to do.
Couple days ago I lost an Arbitrator to a ganker. It wasn’t blinged out and the most expensive module on that costs a little over a mil but I was happy I had fitted it well.
I didn’t get much use out of it as I got ganked two days in but I’m happy I was able to try that ship. I may get another one and see how long I keep it before I get ganked but I also have my eyes on several other ships so I’m in standby mode right now, just doing my thing in a cheaper ship while I decide which ship I want to spend next.

Goes around a lot these days. Very few are spared.

the problem is a lot of cry bears are too salty when their blingy and shiny ship is being pop out by a mere cheap ships. Blabbing about unsubing. Cursing those players who pop them. A lot of blingy ships are already enough to buy omega time for decades.

NO amount of bling and ISK poured into ANY subcap ship will make it immune to ganking even in 0.9.
Be Smart. Set your Local gankers to red watch local.

Your Bling ship isn’t going to survive 10 catalysts or 4 tornados. And so on and so forth.

This is basic Anti Gank 101 now comon guys

2 Likes

Oh yeah, totally. They get their ships blown up for someone’s else amusement and yet they have the gall to complain. Some people I swear…

3 Likes

I agree. Really they are just making fools of them selves because they didn’t have their local gankers set to red. Or watching local spikes… Or dscaning.

2 Likes

That’s the wrong claim. It should be:

Stupid/Lazy pilots get humiliated by smart ones.

1 Like

Yes, lazy people, useful fodder.

1 Like

Im really starting to like Neo

1 Like

this game is really fun if we can accept not just our friends but even our foes. I was doing some scalations awhile ago. Not paying attention where I’m jumping at and I just realized I’m in Sivala. I got nervous but Thankfully, no one gank me but I will not be salty if they happen to shoot me because of being an idiot that time. I tried to chat in local and they are friendly. This game has a lot of fun.

2 Likes

Not the point.

He mistook the game for any other MMO …
… which have no point beyond satisfying primitive, instinct driven egos by making them grind better and better gear …
… where he can feel high and mighty as the one hero who saves the village/princess/kingdom etc.

He’s projecting his persona into the characters he’s playing and thus identifies with them …
… which means that when he got ganked his fantasy bubble exploded and the other people …
… are evil, because only evil people would shoot him down for no reason.

They must be evil, because he’s the mighty warrior with the best gear.

Escapism makes people not just dumb, but also delusional.

Everyone’s free to fly bling as much as he wants.
Like that one lowsec guy in his blinged Vindicator** who managed to hit my high speed interceptor at moderately close range.

He always flew … flew? … bling …
… and he’s not a retard like the other guy.

**(at first I had VNI there but that’s the Vexor Navy Issue and all these acronyms are just pissing me off)

2 Likes

:smile: Definitely not the thing to do in EVE. Even experienced players get ganked and lose ships. Once the expectation of losing ships go up I guess the thrill goes down for some players used to those other MMOs and don’t realize that EVE’s ships are as expendable as ammo. Even the pod can be expendable if the clone has no or cheap implants since, well, it’s a clone.

Still though, for someone with billions of ISK, flying and losing bling is no shame when it’s 2% of total income per month.

2 Likes

I had 4 tornadoes try to gank my orca, they failed, i jumped into the next system, a dozen catalysts tried to kill me off, they failed.

1 Like