Highsec Mining during Wardecs

For my corp, this war isn’t very spectacular. In fact, there is hope to defeat them soon.

HOWEVER, I don’t want to discuss corporation competence. Players just cannot protect highsec systems all day. They need to sleep and do RL stuff, want to enjoy EVE by themselves. So, where do you send your noobs in this situation?

You have an easy way around the wardec by having your structures put into an alternative corporation. Otherwise as a highsec miner, you are the plankton in the ocean.

Into a corp that cannot be wardec’d

2 Likes

Oh lord. The war itself isn’t a problem. THE MINER NOOBS ARE THE PROBLEM BECAUSE WHERE SHALL THEY GO WHEN THERE IS WAR??? Leaving the corp? Meh. Leaving EVE? Why?

Why is it such a bad idea to make highsec a liiiiiiittle bit more safe during war? Reasons please.

1 Like

this has to be a troll. Well played…well played

1 Like

Reasons for your statement?

Wars are completely consensual at this pojnt… no I’m not taking anymore of this bait.

If you want help as a “new player” try here → New Citizens Q&A - EVE Online Forums

This sub-forum is usually frequented by the self-interested or misguided player who wants to change how the game works. Generally though, you need to establish you at least understand how the game works before you make a suggestion to change it that anyone will consider. That isn’t usually the province of the “new player”.

o/ Fly safe friend, whoever you may be!

1 Like

Oops, caps lock there.

Well kid, highsec is already as safe as it gets. Putting down a structure made it so you were a target, and you cannot seem to defend yourselves and from what I read here, you just generally don’t accept the rules as they are. Your structures told the whole world, especially the wardeccing types that you were ready to face some competition. Some consequence. Highsec isn’t a safe place outside of rookie systems and being less than thirty days old. Highsec is and always was a balancing act…

You can easily keep what you have by keeping the corporation the players are in seperate from the structures you dwell in… or drop to NPC corporations.

1 Like

Still no reasons against this request. You still argue that my corp has to change something. They don’t want and they don’t need to and if I wasn’t a miner but a combat pilot, this entire topic wouldn’t bother me at all.

However, I am a highsec miner and thus the game rules give me a certain feeling about highsec, which are bend too much from my perspective - a noob, a miner, a highsec resident.

Again, what are the reasons why there must not be any NPC force that could shoo away a single pilot. Just like Faction Navy. If you bring something bigger, well then you might defeat them, which is ok. But this means a certain risk, instead of a worthless Catalyst that is able to destroy Barges.

You taped your own ‘Kick Me’ sign to your back plopping a structure. You were safer before you did that.

Ganking is ganking. Quit being so easy. You’re like the kind of person that blames a woman for getting raped because she dressed too hot.

First of, I am a woman. So, please behave.

Second of all, I didn’t place any structures, nor do I bother if we lose any. Again, this is not about the war in general. It - is - about - miner - in highsec - who - are - without - any - protection - at - all. Of course, my corp mates should protect me, but - in - reality - that - is - not - happening.

And third of all, this was still no reason why this is bad.

Same.

Maybe you are just illiterate

But your corp/alliance did.

Except that it 100% is. Wars put you in danger, that is by design. Nothing needs to be fixed about this ESPECIALLY:

Because CCP has made it so that it is so easy to avoid war.

This is a trivial and well solved problem. Simply create a holding corp for the structures. That way the operating corp can remain war ineligible. If other people in the corp want the war, then it may be time to look for a new corp.

2 Likes

Dunno what to say. I tried to discuss a certain situation, but instead I got offended. Well done, community.

1 Like

genuine lol’ed :grin:

Well I hope you find what you are looking for

You’re looking for a degree of safety - so you can participate in the game play you want and anyone who attacks you will face consequences.

This is easily achieved and doesn’t require any changes to game mechanics. You can join a corp that is war ineligible or you can simply drop corp during a war and rejoin when it’s over.

There is no such thing as perfect safety in Eve - the CONCORD police punish, they do not prevent, that is a core component of the risk/reward balance and is unlikely to change.

1 Like

Well no. You talked about a certain situation. You didn’t seem interested in actual discussion. And taking offence at something is a personal choice.

War or no war, you are not safe in any part of the game. If you want to mine in Hisec, you have to be on the lookout for CODE. agents, which find enjoyment out of harrassing miners.

High Security doesn’t mean you are safe from ganks or wars. It means there is more security against those who do wrong. If you join a war ineligible corp, and you get ganked, then CONCORD will arrive to deal punishment to the person who shot you.

Look for another mining corp, that actually has a structure tied to another corp that makes them ineligible for wardec, or stop crying for changes to be made. CCP has made avoiding being in wars easier.

The better idea is to have your corp get rid of its structures so it can’t be wardecced. Or join a corp that has no structures and can’t be wardecced.

1 Like