Highsec Ore

Both nerfs and buffs are progress towards a better game. Just because less ore is available now, doesn’t make it a slide backwards.

From what I can tell, it’s an effort to lessen non-combat miners and promote a better economy.
I’m all for that. I would just like to see moon mining more profitable. Null ore in moons was ok. They made rocks smaller, so there would still be a smaller amount.
As it is, moons are not very profitable unless you’re in higher end production. Even then, you’ll still be at a significant boundary with the necessary minerals for base production.

1 Like

Progress for you and progress for the game as a whole are not the same thing.

Let me try to simplify;

Mining and production was so out of control that the economy was saturated. This makes for a game with little interaction and meaning.

In other words, the game got too fat and it was unhealthy.

By taking away your easy life, ccp are getting you to trade more and interact with others players. Interactions and the building of relationships are where the magic of eve happens. These players are more invested in the game and stick around longer.

Scarcity, amongst other benefits like increased margins, makes for a healthier game. In other words, a lean mean game is a better game.

The scarcity is temporary, and we’ll get some resources back, or increased utility for the ones we have, but that’s not gonna happen until the stupid amount of stuff we produce shows signs of slowing down.

6 Likes

That makes sense. Thank you for explaining it.
I did not know it was temporary. I do hope CCP considers making moons better than they are currently.

Reduced supply = higher demand = higher value = no change. The isk/m3/sub has always been about the same in hisec, it may bounce once and a while but it always settles to “normal”.

3 Likes

No problem. :slight_smile:

There are three phases.

Scarcity.
Redistribution.
Dynamic.

We are in scarcity at the moment. Redistribution will be a redesign of what goes where based on stuff we’ve learned during scarcity. Dynamic will be the introduction of a system where resources fluctuate, move and self regulate (the concept being that you cannot just sit and drink from a well ad infinitum. The well moves or dries up).

Edit-

Oh and there’s no time frame. Scarcity goes on as long as it needs to.

2 Likes

I’ve been telling them for years how to make venturing out into lo/null more equitable, and not amount to irrational in all but the mind of the sociopath, but the gankers and the powers that be wish to have things otherwise…talk about making easy money…Oh yes, it’s HARD to gank miners…right.

Trying to handle the guilty game mechanic by juggling ore content in asteroid belts has worked out the only way it could - not at all. But, hey. what mighty viking ego wants to be called a carebear by an adolescent ganker? You see management’s dilemma, I’m sure. Too bad it takes mined ore to make ships! Or, this would all be just what they try to make it out to be…useless prattle!

(I don’t mine, by the way.)

1 Like

Dunno these rakovene belts are sweet.
In highsec.
Respawn fresh everyday.
Cannot warp in on top of you.
Only need T1 mining gear so great for low skilled miners.
Except isogen has all the minerals needed to manufacture.

Just curious… what do you supposed the purpose of dedicated Asteroid Belts are in the game??

1 Like

Funny but as we were told after the starvation phase which seems to be at a peak already… There would be a dynamic redistribution of ore where it is needed. I am thinking someone fibbed. Come on CCP you can do better.

No, you’re not.

Trigvalians amassing at Piekura though minor victory Sol date 13/07/2020. So far they have 4 pod kills on me so mining is out in minor victory areas. Recommend Low sec 0.4 with a fleet of miners works for our team :frowning:

Make friends with the trigs - https://forums.eveonline.com/t/here-is-how-to-gain-neutral-standings-to-triglavian-npcs/254274

Go get + standing with trigs.

Go look for my post explaining how to do it

Ooops didn’t see you posted that😁

Sure I am. fewer miners means higher mineral prices. A healthy economy promotes my industry business.
That being said, moon mining isnt worth it currently. I do not see how that is an intended mechanic, which is why I posted this in the first place. Fuel blocks arent exactly cheap, and the ore you get is mined by too many people across the galaxy.
The only gate to t2 industry is basic minerals.

I would assume for alpha venture pilots.

I rest my case.You’re only want the changes because you benefit from it, not because it is better for the game. I have seen so many others like you I can smell it from a mile away.

1 Like

Scarce minerals was supposed to up the value. So when will that happen? I am working three times as long to make the same is I did before the nerfs.

shhhh, dont give him access to the secrets of HS indy