Historical Record: TS-F 'Nexus Releases'

Nexus Release 09.3 : Codes of Conduct

UI-ID: [REDACTED]

Life is grand, days are different, Nation evolves, and tomorrow’s going to be amazing

How To Not Get a Midnight Visit From Me

Overseer Alpha insisted this was unnecessary, but sometimes I just like to ignore him.

You Capsuleers have done well to follow the regulations of Division Capsuleer thus far, with less than a handful of real bumps needing to be smoothed out. This isn’t about those, it’s about something a bit
more implied than printed in data currently.

That is to say, how to behave when you are what people see of Master’s Nation at gatherings and social events.

Know what groups you are going to be interfacing with and how they work. Try to know what they respect and hate. True Amarrians would sooner throw themselves upon hell fire than gaze at the physical perfection of Master Sansha in all His glory, for instance. Admirable to try an emulate, not so good for the news. Conversely, Matari enjoy their tattoo work as their own personal identity. Telling them you have no idea what the ‘squiggles’ mean is the quickest way to meet the hull flooring, and quite insensitive.

I know not everyone is adept at social situations, so try not to put yourself into ones you can’t handle. Our enemies are going to try and pincer you into all kinds of embarrassing situations, then spam the GalNet with it. It’s very childish slandering, but sensational news media outlets have enough fun as it is spinning old material. The very last thing I want to read in the evening is someone being seen having body shots or something done to them. It would be rather unfortunate for them.

Here’s a list of high lights for you to consider when going out into public:

Dress appropriately for the occasion. Nothing too grand or too simple, just enough to be you and to fit
in.
Decline any substances offered by other people you don’t retrieve yourself, or from someone you trust.
Do not take in any form of narcotic substance not prescribed to you by a medical professional in public.
Serpentis and Angels love to do this, and mixing drugs can do very bad things to your implants.
Do not accept outrageous dares or bets of a scandalous nature.
Try not to rip into some poor soul’s cultural or intellectual short comings.
Refrain from encouraging undesirable acts that might reflect poorly upon Master Sansha.

Above all else, remember that out in public you leave an impression of Master’s Nation in people. Act as you would in the presence of the Master, ideally to His approval. He might not be so keen on smack talking the enemy right to their face, but I wouldn’t want to presume His stance on that.

You’ll know if I approve or not, though. Very fast.