Horizons in space?

For all we know, the physics work there like they work here. Its not a parallel fantasy universe, but a continuation of our universe, our timespace. So a least gas would behave the same.
But, in EVE planets doesnt orbit around their suns, and no reason specified in lore why, its technical limitations of game engine that dont allow them to orbit. The orbits, which are paths of planets in space, they are stil showing tho.

Its all technical reasons why they dont move. There may be technical reasons too why these clouds dont look more realistic.

3 Likes

We kind of do know what kind of things we can see out there in space.

And flat cloud formations with a horizon, such as found in atmospheres of planets and look like that to the fact that they’re (curved) 2D planes of a certain thickness are not found in space like that.

I do understand the technical reasons to not make planets move. All planets do have an orbit and I guess CCP could make them move very slowly but even then, with planet orbits ranging from a couple of months to dozens of decennia, I can see why for daily gameplay their orbit speed doesn’t really matter.

The main change to the game when planets and structures get orbit speeds is that it’s going to make maintenance of bookmarks hell.

These clouds on the other hand have zero technical reasons to be like this. Creation of clouds without horizon is just as easy, if not easier than creation of clouds with a horizon.

I see absolutely no reason for horizons to exist in space, apart from the reason that some developer accidentally picked a cloud creation tutorial for atmospheres to create those things.

Please get rid of those horizons CCP, they’re ridiculous and out of place.

I agree,
I like my horizons on planets.

Please make planets more interactable CCP. Make environments that we can see there, and walk on planets, like in elite dangerous for example.

Doesnt have to be with whole open world seamless “fly to, fly out of” method. Could be a location that you can visit by docking there with ship, like we dock in station. Planetary outposts on planets working as bases, like those ones in space. Would be really nice to see and experience such landscapes.

2 Likes

The chances of that happening is 0.0098%

Oh, I think so too.

If we’ll ever see non-spaceship gameplay where our characters walk on planets, it’s going to be in yet another EVE-themed first person shooter game, not EVE itself.

1 Like

Didn’t CCP already try or am I misinformed?

They tried, and there are signs they’re trying again.

I guess if at first you don’t succeed try and try again? lol

I kind of like how it looks, sort of indecipherable of how the future of New Eden develops.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.