Hot Chocolate!

I do agree I would rather remember the fun I have had. A drink or three is enough in most cases. Enough to get buzzed without getting blackout drunk.

Exceptions do exist, of course, particularly wild parties included.

1 Like

Is it even a party if you donā€™t end up ugly-crying in a strangerā€™s lap?

4 Likes

Yes!?!?!

1 Like

So! Festive cold-weather recipes. That is the only time my family ever cooks a whole bird or a haunch or roast, because otherwise the heat gets impossible.

Nothing in it, so it cooks faster and you can turn the oven off. Spiced yogurt on it, good fatty yogurt, and lots of peppers and salt. It goes in a pot with a lid so it can stew a little in the steam it gives off. It doesnā€™t really matter what the meat is, this way of cooking makes anything good. And you have that with cheese and fruit and coffee. Ginger coffee with butter is even better when itā€™s cooler.

2 Likes

Tell me more about this ginger coffee with butter?

2 Likes

Peace to my man Charlie from the chocolate factory!

Itā€™s delicious! Usually itā€™s cool, sometimes warm. Never hot.

The base is coffee of course, the soaked kind you just let sit for a few days. Add a little sugar, some ginger juice, spices if you want, and put a pat of butter in at the top. Itā€™s better if you can let it sit a few minutes so the flavors mix and the butter melts. Mmmmm.

Only on cool days, you make it by simmering the coffee grounds and ginger together. Then butter and such. The flavor is very warm and smooth when itā€™s made like that.

No matter how itā€™s made it is very good for the stomach. You can put salt instead of sugar too. Or both. Not much of either.

2 Likes

Does it also count if you have a stranger ugly-cry in your lap?

1 Like

I really donā€™t know how I feel about this. Coffee without cream of some kind? (Yes, I know thereā€™s butter, but still.)

1 Like

Cream goes off. Itā€™s not good on its own.

1 Like

If youā€™re drinking to forget or suppress the traumatic memories of a horrific event, then, thatā€™s not drinking for enjoyment.

And if youā€™re going out to ā€œenjoyā€ yourself, and end up drunk to the point of memory loss or incapacitation, that is not drinking for enjoyment either. Itā€™s alcohol abuse. You have a drinking problem. And are deluding yourself that you had a good time, when in actuality you were spewing in the gutter, like a bum.

3 Likes

Why am I agreeing with Valate of all people.

This is weird.

2 Likes

Because I am The Greatest Sani Sabik Capsuleer Philosopher of the Modern Era, and my wisdom is applicable across many of New Edenā€™s cultures.

1 Like

Maybe some people just enjoy alcohol abuse. I dunno. I personally donā€™t.

2 Likes

Didnā€™t you used to style yourself ā€˜the greatest sani sabik philosopher of all timeā€™, without even the capsuleer qualifier? Someone come along and out-blooder-brain you?

2 Likes

No. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ve always been The Greatest Sani Sabik Capsuleer Philosopher of the Modern Era.

I could run a search on my chat channel logs. Or you could. But that would be tedious, and I donā€™t feel like it.

1 Like

Or, you know, just on this forum, for the last monthā€¦

So tedious. Took me all of 2 minutes.

1 Like

Maybe thatā€™s a variant styling, when I wish to convey a different point.

1 Like

Well, wouldnā€™t you know if it is or not?

1 Like

I would, yes. And in that post, I felt like using a different styling.

2 Likes