How best to run on Linux

To be clear, I have EVE running on Linux (Manjaro XFCE).

I used Lutris and ran the installer and all is well in the world (once I found where to copy my profiles to). I then thought, is this the best way to do it? I heard Steam would also work so I loaded up Steam, added Eve (very straight forwards) and loaded that up, it worked too. I thought I’d compare frame rates and CPU usage - both the same - About 30fps normal and peaking at 60fps, each client using about 25% of the cpu, 2-3% while minimised. Only issue I’ve noticed is a flicker whenever I maximise a window (or rather, take it from minimised) that didn’t happen under Win10 and a little lag where the graphics stutters a touch, usually when you tell it to warp or align.

Then I checked the Steam options and under properties->target it says “Lutris” so am I just fooling myself and Steam is pointing to the Lutris install?

With the 64-bit client approaching would a pure WINE install be the better option?
Basically I’m willing to drop everything I’ve installed so far and get this right NOW rather than mess about in the future and I may as well go with the best performing solution - if there is one.

PS - Obligatory beg for a pure Linux client, yes I know, DX… but but but :stuck_out_tongue: