How bumping could be changed

I think bumping could change to were it could do damage over time in to each category after each bump depending on speed it would do more damage. To you and to the player you are bumping. this could make a new type of ship made for bumping/Raming ships

Damage the ships of both the bumped and the bumpee?

Could you imagine the sheer insanity on the undock of jita 4-4?

It would be glorious.

Oh! And we could gank freighters on the gates without concord intervention!

2 Likes

yes you could and should

:tada::partying_face::clap: Yay!

I agree with Ax’l that bumping/ramming damage would make for some hilarity on the main hubs and gates.

However from an “EVE mechanics” point of view, it’s the ship shields that prevent them from crashing into each other. So you would need to have a way to remove all shields from the ramming ship as well as the ram-ee in order to do damage.

1 Like

unfortunately by lore and by the game engine our ships are inside a sphere of “stuff”
so no damage

btw is not the shields
its like a space time dimension macguffin thing

@Mindahouf_Davaham Just for clarification here, are you proposing that people be able to “bump” other people’s ships to death in high sec without an intervention from concord?

i understand the idea

1 Like

Technically speaking the ships would never physically meet on bumping, as the cause of the bounce is the compression of the shields of both ships. No different to trying to force the north pole of two magnets together. So you’d have to go through shield damage, armour tank damage, and then hull damage…as with regular ammo.

another topic topic about damage on bumps, every few months we got one of this

fleets and undocks would be glorious

3 Likes

Lore and Mechanic wise it is the Warp Field Bubble that allows ships to travel that prevent any contact at all…not even the shields of ships touch each other.

Only way to have this would be ships without PEG’s, warp engines, or the tradtional capacitor which is a combination of energy from fusion power sources and the dark quantum energy from teh PEG’s that make warp and jumps possible.

Sure, I’ll gladly lose a 200 million ISK Vagabond to instantly incinerate a multi-billion ISK Orca or Freighter any day. Quick physics class, kids.

A Vagabond with a 500MN MWD has a mass of 61,590,000 kg (61,590 tons) and a speed of 12,735 m/s (28,450 miles per hour). It would slam into its target with a force of 4,994,340,028,875,000 joules of kinetic energy (1.2 megatons), which is the equivalent of 67 Hiroshima nuclear bombs…

8 Likes

hey can you do the math for 32km/s cause i know you get Vaga’s up to that speed

I would take Stabbers while running a snake pod

At that speed it would be 7.5 megatons of kinetic energy, the equivalent of 500 Hiroshima nuclear bombs…

WOW
thats more than the aftermath of that

images

Ships would be exploding loot would be everywhere and sort of brings a tear to my eye as something like that would be beautiful to watch.

/the ripple effects would crack the hulls.

1 Like

Did you even try to look up previous posts?

So you want ships to take damage upon jita undock??

Oh, it’s this thread again.

Be careful what you wish for, you may just get it.

Sir Isaac Newton’s 3rd law and the conservation of momentum would render such a thing most amusing; not to mention profitable for some of us.

The maths and possible abuses were figured out long ago, and at least one group of “bad guys” has stated that such a change in mechanics would result in them creating a wall of burning freighters on the Jita undock with zero response from Concord.

5 Likes