How can we best educate new players?

Ohhhh THATS what Im doing wrong

1 Like

Aye, youā€™re great for forum mentorship, but you really should organize educational fleets ingame ! Especially as a spry 19 year old :disguised_face:

1 Like

Nope, you are wrong.

Sadly, not 19 anymore ROFL. But maybe youā€™re on to something eh?

Iā€™ll toodle over to the noob cal systems and attempt to educate the masses :smiley:

1 Like

Hehe, that was in reference to Monaā€™s comment in an other thread :grin:

On a more serious note, it will take a lot of effort to get people onboard. And most of it will not even pay off in terms of retaining the rookie. Itā€™s tough.

And donā€™t let this thread get nuked. Itā€™s importantā€¦

1 Like

In what way is it important for a bunch of gankers to be able to circlejerk about how they think ganking should be jammed into everything? In a thread by a Fortnite player no less. Never thought Iā€™d see the day when veteran EVE players were pushing for Fortnite in space.

Whoa there buddy. You sound a little emotional there :smiley:

This thread is actually about educating our nublets, not about ganking :smiley:

However as ganking is part of the universe, and as youā€™ve stated in the past you feel ganking is a danger to the nublets, we should educate them that their universe is an open PvP one, where they consent as soon as they undock.

Hm. @Wadiest_Yong maybe I should reach out to the nublets and teach them how to gank so they learn to avoid them?

Maybe I do the gank and they can loot the dude and learn how to make safes to wait out the suspect :smiley:

That is an excellent idea.

1 Like

Making sure not to rise to any strange nonsense is key.

Actially thats a good lesson for noobs, to not let trolls get to you. Ofc, muting em is also cutting off intel, but depending on who or how well the noob can read someone, just muting em is for the best.

1 Like

Thatā€™s certainly one way of creating awareness. Playing the predator is the best way to learn how to defend against predation. However, a big chunk of the newbies will not be ready for or interested in it, they will want to learn other stuff first. That makes it even more challenging as a mentor. Tbh, Iā€™d postpone the predator bit until they at least know how to anchor up and get their overview fixed :smiley:

Nothing like deep water to learn how to swim :smiley:

Hm. I should teach them how to avoid griefers as well right?

Educate them about throwaway accounts, and how griefers will try to get you riled up to say stuff so they can actually report you and use the system against you eh?

1 Like

All valuable teachings, aye. And donā€™t forget scamming. Those really hurt.

1 Like

You are incorrect.

Yes and teach them how to use F10 to avoid certain pipelines.

Also how to tank a hauler so they can hopefully survive till CONCORD comes and teach them yield vs risk and all that.

Oh? So I was wrong about you feeling that ganking is a danger to the nublets? Well thank you for correcting me on that :smiley:

However as it is part of the universe, it should definitely be in the NPE to educate our nublets.

After all, we live in a player driven universe and we definitely want our nubs to take accountability for themselves!

And learn to use the killboard and certain websites for intel. Youā€™ve got your work cut out for you :grin:
The Gix Piloting School. I might make an account and join the training program !
gl

Mmm you may be on to something.

Should I recruit these nublets and teach them the ways?

Joking aside, if they are ready and willing to commit to EvE, I donā€™t see why not. Flying with corpies / eve friends is the first step to really enjoy the game. If they want a career as ganker, thatā€™s their choice, and they should be aware of consequences in the game. Up to them really.

4 Likes

This is a genuinely positive thread

+1

1 Like

sensor strength is up, and we seem to have ECCM loaded as well.

Anyway ā€¦ teaching rookies is hard work, especially as their expectations and needs vary greatly. Itā€™s constant weighing and measuring. I wouldnā€™t try this alone, but rather have a chat with EvE Uni and see if they have a spot available for someone willing to invest in teaching and training in certain ways.

Iā€™ll see if they need mission help. Iā€™ve helped kill Dagan a bunch of times with the nubs.

Its always fun to see how hyped they get when you just ROFLcopter Dagan for them.

yep, or if you tell them you can run the entire SoE arc in a merlin on an alpha toon in 4 hours. And it is true, but not within the first couple of months :stuck_out_tongue: