How come people don't bait gankers?

I dunno about high sec, but people bait gankers al the time in low/null/WHs.

I have baited, and I have been baited.

I wouldn’t call PvP fights outside hisec ganking. But apparently everyone has different meaning to this word

Honestly it’s one of those things of, is it really worth the time and effort to do it. I mean you bait gankers and they instantly go back into ships. It’s not really worth it because you could be making big isk doing incursions or other stuff instead of sitting there baiting gankers and getting nothing out of it

You mean the satisfaction of engaging in a game outside of just treating the game as a farming simulator.

Enjoy your hamster wheel, my dude.

1 Like

It’s just there’s really no point in shooting them my guy. They just come back as easily as you shoot them. Plus concord just does that job for you.

But thanks, I will

What would you call it if I tackle a t1 explorer frigate with an astero and then drop a sabre on it for good measure?

That’s a gank.

Suicide ganks only happen in high sec, ganks happen everywhere.

Yup, and if you read the thread you’ll find I’m the first person to mention “high sec” saying I didn’t know about it, and you’re the first person to mention the word “suicide”.

I was just adding on to your post, I agree with you. :wink:

Gank is a gank. Suicide ganks only happen when the gank ends in suicide by CONCORD, in other words, in high sec.

Apologies… when you replied I assumed you were the guy I replied to.

You massively improved on the original contention. But I think suicide ganks can also happen elsewhere they just are aren’t standard and don’t result in death by Concord.

This is why I tend to say “hi sec ganking” if I want to be clear. But yes, a reasonably experienced EVE player should understand what suicide ganking usually is.

Just “ganking” is not even a term exclusive to EVE.

That’s no clearer, since the OP started the thread on the basis of gankers that attempt to kill Abyssal space runners (and using Abyssal space as the means to suspect bait - which is no longer possible). No CONCORD involved (when it was possible).

So ganks in highsec aren’t even exclusively suicide ganks with CONCORD involved.

Suicide gank is the most widely accepted and understood term to mean an illegal gank in highsec.

I was replying to others and not speaking to the main point of the OP, which is somewhat unclear, which is why I earlier asked for clarification but got none.

Yep.

I did a search for “gank” and “hi sec ganking” looks to have come up more in thread titles in about the first 50 hits. Also, even when just saying “ganking” the term “high sec” was often used in the thread title.

The term “hi-sec suicide ganking” might be clearest of all but that still leaves room for the rare option of a mass kamikaze type attact on a flashy yellow well armed and piloted ship in hi sec…but no experienced EVE player would make that assumption.

Yup suiciding Dreads on a cyno to catch JFs is a thing. If I’m not mistaken the insurance on a dread is pretty good. Of course extracting the JFs contents is a whole other ordeal :slight_smile:

It’s perfectly clear what the OP was referring to. It’s just not possible anymore as CCP changed the mechanics in 2018 so the suspect timer no longer occurs.

2018 mechanics change:

Although, as usual, they don’t have their systems well integrated, so their support article still lists suspect as a consequence:

Unfortunate side effect of CCP being based in Iceland.

No. It isn’t. The thread title is very general and the original post being specific can be seen as simply an example.

What I can tell you for sure is that the OP is not careful with his words at all. Its just as likely he bungled the thread title as he forgot to say “for example” in the first post.

He’s clearly talking about ganking in a general sense, and specifically not suicide ganking. It’s clear if you know the game.

The mechanics being asked about indicate that it’s not a suicide gank that’s being referred to. He’s asking about sending bait through the filament first and using it as bait, then dog piling the rest of the fleet in when the bait has baited :wink:

Filaments don’t work like that as stated previously. I guess it depends on how you’re used to using the terminology but ganking doesn’t always mean Suicide ganking.

No Tipa no :stuck_out_tongue:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.