How do I disable the forum profanity filter?

I am an adult, so I’m comfortable reading profanity, vulgarity, and other things you can’t say on television.

I saw someone was censored on another thread and I am not sure whether I fully understood their meaning because I can’t tell what word they used, so I am looking for the profanity filter to turn it off, but right now I can’t find it in the forum settings menu.

It seems odd to censor profanity in such a brutal game. Also, the NPCs use profanity. I’m sure this is just an oversight?

4 Likes

A George Carlin fan :hugs:

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.”
― George Carlin

5 Likes

I don’t think you can turn it off.

CCP forums are teen rated.

2 Likes

What fecking filter?

5 Likes

You can’t turn it off.

If you absolutely want to see the ■■■■■■■ swear words, quote the person’s post and they’ll show in your editing window.

EDIT: reply then hit the quote button, rather than highlighting the phrase then hitting the quote tag.

5 Likes

It’s not that bad. Adults know what’s under the boxes.
I just want to know how to make boxes for normal words - for a friend.
:innocent:

–Friendly Gadget

2 Likes

Deleted

There are always words that are not banned like fock fockin focked, O gives you the advantage.

1 Like

Also feck, frak and use of 'king apostrophes help.

2 Likes

U+25A0 Black Square ■
Yes, I know it shows as white
Don’t know if there is a Alt Code for it.
Could also be devious ℱℴℜK if risking suspension is worth it.

1 Like

The forums aren’t controlled by CCP are they? Isn’t this forum some sort of outsourcing job? Which might explain the disconnect between the game and the forums.

3 Likes

CCP doesnt have much input in these forums, both technically and community wise because CCP Falcon is one of two community devs still working with EVE community after halloween massacre of 2017. He also does many other things so may be he doesnt have time for constantly browsing forums. He is here sometimes, giving bans or closing threads, posting announcements. ISD sometimes reacts too, but they are volunteers so dont expect anything.

Its just a standard free discourse with a lot of features turned off and some other never available because its discourse.

A question from me:
Is “tassel” considered anything rude in english language?

2 Likes

Not in American English. Can’t speak for the other forms.

–Linguist Gadget

3 Likes

Well, I dont think the profanity filter is very strict here anyway.

1 Like

We did not find results for: ■■■■■■■.

Check spelling or type a new query

Maybe you would like to learn more about one of these?
cf

huh??

I guess quoting doesn’t work. Nevermind my earlier post then.

1 Like

Using the “quote whole post” shows what was written.

2 Likes

I can’t find that choice “quote whole post”

1 Like

Bollocks seems to work. Other words like ■■■■ or ■■■■ are apparently rude enough to sensor at the first glance but be revealed upon deeper “quote” inspection. Most interesting are the words and phrases so incredibly offensive they cannot be revealed even through the quote function, such as ■■■■■, ■■■■, and of course everyone’s favourite ■■■■■■■ ■■■■-faced ■■■■-gobbler.

And thank heavens for those last few because who wants to read that sort of filth anyway :dealwithitparrot:

Titties is fine.

A man is never really an adult.