How do i send a dude a message?

(Dismond Tiny) #1

How in the world do i send someone a private message? i click on the dudes avatar, and all i see are his badges… nothing obvious like, send message…

(Amhra Rho) #2

R-click on avatar --> Send Message
This sends a mail message to the recipient. R-click is one of the more potent forces in the game - when in doubt try r-click.

(Dismond Tiny) #3

ty for the reply, when i right click, i get windows options like, link, cut image, open link in new tab… etc.
still not working
odd

(Arcanith Lionheart) #4

Oooh, here in the forum? Hmn… would like to know as well, have never seen that option.

(Amhra Rho) #5

Of course - you mean in the new chat; not in game.
Ok, there’s two reply buttons - one at the bottom of the thread, and a second one at the lower right of every comment. To reply to a comment, use the reply button to the lower right of every comment.

(Dismond Tiny) #6

but if i am selling something, and i want to send him a personal message? no way to do that anymore?

(Amhra Rho) #7

Hmmm - let me try something . . .

@DiscoBot how do you send a private message?

(discobot) #8

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

(Amhra Rho) #9

@discobot display help

(discobot) #10

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

(Ebony Texas) #11

How do we kill that bot. I want to war Dec it’s no
helpful azzzzz

(Amhra Rho) #12

Ok, this might be my last attempt at this before I conclude that it can’t be done. We apparently all have have a new forum email address. Not that I know if it works - or even where to send or receive it - but to find out what yours is, do this:

L-click on your avatar --> L-click on Gear icon --> Preferences

Might be something for you on that.

(ISD Stall) #13

Hi guys, you cannot start a private message with another user on this forum. That is redistricted to Forum Moderators and Administrators. You can always @mention a user name if you need to get someone’s attention.

(yellow parasol) #14

Mails: https://gate.eveonline.com/Mail/Inbox

:slight_smile:

(Amarisen Gream) #15

Could you pass it on to the forum team, that having the ability to PM people or a way to compose personal mails to a person from the forums would be a super nice addition.

This is EVE and we don’t always want the public to know and we also are not always at a computer with EVE installed.

Also, there is no easy way to take a person and the look them up on eve gate from the new forums.

(Ikki Phoenix) #16

Just use Gate or https://spacemail.tk.

(Ebony Texas) #17

that is still an issue and not proper customer service, a customer should have not to search for a simple function on a page. no wonder folks (paying new sign ups) leave… you expect them to have a spreadsheet of instructions on how to perform a simple function.

get off the freaking high horse already… simple email button is all it takes to resolve this matter.

(yellow parasol) #18

damn right, new players leave, because there’s no mail button on the forum!

damn, ccp, it’s so simple, why can’t you figure it out when he can!

(Lugh Crow-Slave) #19

Can always just use the phone app

(Amarisen Gream) #20

I luckily have an iPhone, and the developer for Neocom has created Neocom II which is a great app. I won’t touch the CCP backed one again, after nearly a year of it with lack luster performance.

Good eye though, committing a month after the post - which took place before EVE gate got killed - and I think before the app got the most recent update (which I haven’t tested) that supposedly makes it work.
:wink: