How do i send a dude a message?

How in the world do i send someone a private message? i click on the dudes avatar, and all i see are his badges… nothing obvious like, send message…

1 Like

R-click on avatar --> Send Message
This sends a mail message to the recipient. R-click is one of the more potent forces in the game - when in doubt try r-click.

1 Like

ty for the reply, when i right click, i get windows options like, link, cut image, open link in new tab… etc.
still not working
odd

1 Like

Oooh, here in the forum? Hmn… would like to know as well, have never seen that option.

1 Like

Of course - you mean in the new chat; not in game.
Ok, there’s two reply buttons - one at the bottom of the thread, and a second one at the lower right of every comment. To reply to a comment, use the reply button to the lower right of every comment.

1 Like

but if i am selling something, and i want to send him a personal message? no way to do that anymore?

1 Like

Hmmm - let me try something . . .

@DiscoBot how do you send a private message?

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

@discobot display help

1 Like

I currently know how to do the following things:

@discobot start new user

Starts one of the following interactive narratives: new user, advanced user.

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 3, 6

@discobot quote

:left_speech_bubble: Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you — Princess Diana

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: You may rely on it

How do we kill that bot. I want to war Dec it’s no
helpful azzzzz

2 Likes

Ok, this might be my last attempt at this before I conclude that it can’t be done. We apparently all have have a new forum email address. Not that I know if it works - or even where to send or receive it - but to find out what yours is, do this:

L-click on your avatar --> L-click on Gear icon --> Preferences

Might be something for you on that.

1 Like

Hi guys, you cannot start a private message with another user on this forum. That is redistricted to Forum Moderators and Administrators. You can always @mention a user name if you need to get someone’s attention.

2 Likes

Mails: https://gate.eveonline.com/Mail/Inbox

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Could you pass it on to the forum team, that having the ability to PM people or a way to compose personal mails to a person from the forums would be a super nice addition.

This is EVE and we don’t always want the public to know and we also are not always at a computer with EVE installed.

Also, there is no easy way to take a person and the look them up on eve gate from the new forums.

3 Likes

Just use Gate or https://spacemail.tk.

1 Like

that is still an issue and not proper customer service, a customer should have not to search for a simple function on a page. no wonder folks (paying new sign ups) leave… you expect them to have a spreadsheet of instructions on how to perform a simple function.

get off the freaking high horse already… simple email button is all it takes to resolve this matter.

3 Likes

damn right, new players leave, because there’s no mail button on the forum!

damn, ccp, it’s so simple, why can’t you figure it out when he can!

Can always just use the phone app

I luckily have an iPhone, and the developer for Neocom has created Neocom II which is a great app. I won’t touch the CCP backed one again, after nearly a year of it with lack luster performance.

Good eye though, committing a month after the post - which took place before EVE gate got killed - and I think before the app got the most recent update (which I haven’t tested) that supposedly makes it work.
:wink: