How Do You Find Joy?

It’s not the blowing up of the ships themselves, but more blowing up the illusion of safety that someone comfortably settles himself into when he travels the « safest route » …

That in itself is worth all the ships in Eve blowing up.

It begs you to a universal question, all the way to your personal life, and that is priceless.

How do you find joy if you’re already dead at the wheel ?

That’s what ganking’s for and all about honey, learn to understand, appreciate and letting go.

It’s a form of Zen.

It’s by losing and acceptance that you will grow as a person/capsuleer.

I’m one of those many pilots who like to have a superior leader to teach or in my case try to teach us the basics of being a New Eden pilot.

Like your first mission you die and they tell you everything is going to be ok.

I’m baffled by how many pilots think there life is over when they loose a 400million + ship. Like you should have just flown a blinged out catalyst.

See this is how you prioritize building.

Joy comes from giving to my friends and celebrating there successful hunts :partying_face:

Thank you @Sasha_Nemtsov

1 Like

I think what veteran players share is the opinion that the risk factor (open world pvp) is what makes this game playable at all in the long term. It also heightens our learning curve, but that’s omelettes or eggs for you.

The loot drop rates are 90% why are you making more cats and not sharing the wealth around so that other hard working Indy pilots can benefit from when the ganker pirates reap the rewards?

It is very simple and though your team of ganker heroes might be at the top finding joy, nothing can be said about us at the bottom all pushing our own to make the equipment to keep the system stable.

You start producing your own, only lowers the price.

I was too. My best short-term-fast-result “teacher” turned out to be someone I befriended in Eve, being in the same corp. We shared the same passion: blowing up roaming fleets with bombs on our border in nullsec, often giggling and cheering when it worked for once. It was during the long hours of camping and waiting for targets that we eventually became friends.

But I also realized that growing (thus finding more “joy”) in EvE is an individual journey, in the sense that you yourself have to initiate it. The basics you learn from reading as much as you can, watching YT vids from other players, trying out what interests you, constantly sharpen your player (not EvE) skills and try try try. At most people can try to tell you what is “basic” and what isn’t. After that you move on to other pastures, fly with different FC’s, work with other people, try different organizations. Sooner or later you will find one that is dynamically and continuously engaged in its own experimentation, and you collectively start moving the “meta”.

You learn best and easiest from others when you have an open mind, but they don’t have to be in a teacher role.

2 Likes

This hits home on so many levels as reason why joy can truly be found in New Eden :smiley:

1 Like

Because it’s gankmas, and I’m in the spirit of giving.

There’s no need to be Grinch Mcscroodge on the holidays.

My friends are reveling on holiday and 2,000,000 for a catalyst is outrageous.

I mean if you find my 400 appalling you should see the additional 1,400 I have scattered across Jita

@Felix_Frostpacker

If it didn’t, most of us wouldn’t be here :smiley:

This is the exact definition of pure greed, 1400 cats scattered across highsec and your response to finding joy is by showing us that you’re making more?

But that’s what’s in production silly, last I remember I showed you 100 in Jita with an 8 day wait period I wonder how many I was able to manufacture in smaller quantities before going big ?

So your point of finding joy is by being a ganker and an Indy pilot?

No, my joy comes from knowing that my friends are finding there joy in the ships I make for them. It’s like cooking I have extreme satisfaction watching my loved ones enjoy a meal or mixed drink I made for them

2 Likes

It seems that way I guess I had my doubts.

They took my joy away.

So much for making the null blk’s lives miserable…

Welcome to Eve Online @Smarter_ThanU

This is not my first PvP online game. Games tend to get very dull when no one attacks each other and everyone agrees. However the things I do notice about Eve Online that is different than other games;

You are a target on day one. Players are allowed to attack unarmed ships, but this is about the only thing making mining a challenge. There seems to be a lot more players who get irate here. because they lose real cash money when they are paying for them. There is a line in the virtual sand between alpha and omega players. Although some the omegas just grind ISK to buy PLEX from other alpha players who purchased it with their cash.

I say any game can be fun as long as you know where to look. I came here just over a year ago to find the fun. No one can tell you where the fun is located, because it isn’t the same for everyone.

Well I recently lost a 20 to 30 million ISK ship in a space dungeon ( filaments ). A new player can’t fathom the loss when they think 1 million is a lot. I bought a Raitaru Engineering station in a wormhole back in November of last year. It cost me a little over 2 billion and lasted 45 days. My friends told me it wouldn’t last a week. I consider it a success. February of this year I planted a Astrahus station in space and feed it fuel. I am still waiting for someone to explode it as well. Nothing lasts forever. Unless you buy ships in Star Trek Online and then it seems too unrealistic when your ship returns.

I don’t fight here, but I do like “coop PvP”. For example; I still play GW: Factions on the weekends when I have the time. Nobody makes PvP like that anymore. Here the challenge for me is to build my RPG empire while others are shooting all around me. I might build another station or move the one I own elsewhere. I can buy a battleship for 300 million and take it into a wormhole just to watch it burn. Eve is not the standard cookie cutter MMO.

I have heard others say there is no pride in destroying unarmed haulers and mining vessels. The destruction of those ships and their contents causes material shortages. It is up to you, but I know through education of trial and error not to follow the same path over and over expecting better results. I mine low security and sometimes I lose a ship, but I get better at making ISK when I know what went wrong.

I hope you have fun!

2 Likes

Building; Modules, ships, characters. Theory crafting fits or world domination plans. Sh*tposting on the forums, lol!! Interacting with others; through market manipulations, pew pew or just shooting the bull. Trying new things and mixing it up a bit here and there. Finding a niche and trying to hang onto it as long as possible while warring with others and even CCPs nerfbat. Trying desperately to break CCPs fine game by any means necessary! :smiling_imp: Trying to see how much you can do solo in full Eve paranoia mode where its you against everyone. Setting goals for yourself and trying to crush them.

Ultimately… Everything is permissible but not all is beneficial!

Those are rookie numbers!! But I did it with thrashers. :wink: Took me over a decade to finally start running out of what I produced, and that wasnt for sale just for… JOY!! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

1 Like

Hush now, you are a trillionaire, why dont you Spread the Wealth?

I am right here Frosty

fangs lick

Joy is being an Indy pilot ganker

What an aweful game,ships fly on rails. To attack somebody below you, you have to spiral down on the rails

1 Like

He complains about others accumulating a wealth (of knowledge) and demands they share it with him for free (even hiding behind the think of the children fallacy) and say it is a shame, yet when it comes to him sharing his wealth with you he denies it despite he could easily afford it.

A true hypocrite without moral standards. To quote his own word: shame.

:smirk: :smiling_imp: :popcorn:

1 Like