How is faction grinding still this bad

Y’all have had 20 years to iron out the outrageous problems with doing pve, why hasn’t it happened? Why is it that I still can lose 100x missions worth of faction for a single ship kill on a bog standard pve mission without any indication that some random ship will cause me .0001 loss vs 0.25 loss? If there isn’t a pve combat option in this game I don’t have much reason to stay.

1 Like

no you dont …

and yes ! thats called → Consequenzes ! negative ones are always more “worth” then positive ones !

bye bye :slight_smile: i would ask to have your stuff but i think it you dont have that much if you dont know how much standing gain you got for a mission !

2 Likes

CCP has not touched missions since then so you are right in the same boat as all of us OP.

Back of the request line.

Decline factions is a thing to do.

Empire pve doesn’t have surprise guests. And out of the blue minmatar npc’s will come to save the…angels. That doesn’t happen.

Now if looking at saving pirate standing, yeah that goes to hell fast. something like even a level 3 gurista extravaganza for a nice paying level 3 will quickly have you go 0 to -2 and not standing eligible real fast.

To know how bad the standings will be learn/look up how high “ranking” the empire npc is. If known to drop the good tags that sell for a few million per tag its tanking your standing real fast.

2 Likes

This would never happen if you were running courier missions.

Blitzing couriers has long been the strategy for people who care about faction standing.

1 Like

Rule is relatively easy, ship kill standing losses are mostly neglible, structure kills hammer you standing down. Avoid those, and check guides for each mission how to. In the worst case use an alt to do the kills, like for the Gurista arc, where you can’t avoid multiple structure kills.

The higher your standing, the higher the loss.

But yes, those missions where there is no clear indication of what will remove standing are really annoying.

Is that a thing again? I have been away a few years.

I know before drone loot changes and the (then) soon to come pi there was reason to kill even structures in the deadspaces. Some loot could be there.

PI changes took that away.

Did they put stuff back in here while I was gone?

I could go back to structure shoots. Maybe make it fun and run a torp bomber for giggles on larger stuff.

Fun/interesting > isk per hour for me at times lol.

Random structures only drop crap loot if any and are not worth bothering, but in some missions or DED sites they are objectives to kill. I think it is the 4/10 where you have to destroy a radio telescope which drops the reward loot of the site. This always gives you a nominal -2.4% standing penalty with the respective pirate faction.

1 Like

They really wanted their radio telescope…

removed several posts for the below reasons.

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But, remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

• Name-calling.
  • Ad hominem attacks.
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content.
  • Knee-jerk contradiction.

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

1. Specifically restricted conduct.

The purpose of the EVE Online forums is to provide a platform for exchange of ideas, and a venue for the discussion of EVE Online. Occasionally there will be conflicts that arise when people voice opinions. Forum users are expected to courteous when disagreeing with others.

In order to maintain an environment where everyone is welcome and discussion flows freely, certain types of conduct are prohibited on the EVE Online forums. These are:

• Trolling
  • Flaming
  • Ranting
  • Personal Attacks
  • Harassment
  • Doxxing
  • Racism & Discrimination
  • Hate Speech
  • Sexism
  • Spamming
  • Bumping
  • Off-Topic Posting
  • Pyramid Quoting
  • Rumor Mongering
  • New Player Bashing
  • Impersonation
  • Advertising

9. Use of kill reports & chatlogs to troll & flame is prohibited.

Pilots are permitted to post chatlogs and kill reports on the EVE Online forums if it adds to and is relevant to ongoing discussion, however this may not be done to flame, troll, insult, shame or bait other corporations other pilots.

1 Like

Why would CCP improve anything when players are still paying them ■■■■ tons of money anyway?

Except if you get killed with the courier cargo and you can’t retrieve it after. Then, depending on your faction standings you can lose way more than 100 missions worth of standing. Speaking from my own experience :wink: . The courier missions are total bs as lvl 3 gives way more standing than lvl 4 and they are shorter and safer.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.