How orca miners are going to Plex their accounts after the mining changes?

If the Orca is getting nerfed by losing its mining drone capabilities… how are they going to pay for the omega?

Now they are just sitting AFK in bot-mode in Highsec eating roids undisturbed thanks to their impressive tank, huge cargo and drones, how are they going to survive after December?

If they leave the game, is someone going to be affected by their absence?

1 Like

Ive 6 Orcas I didnt have last week that say me

1 Like

Because people are trying to unload them before the changes take effect?

3 Likes

Yup. They have bought into the “They will be useless” line

You’re sharp. It wouldn’t even occur to me that people would be trying to offload them since I wouldn’t be looking to get rid of mine and would have assumed others to feel the same way.

I actually have half a mind to play again, and would probably be looking to pick up an orca if I did.

Well, it’s clear that CCP hates miners, that’s why I sold all my orcas to standing buy orders in Jita. If you were smart, you’d do the same.

6 Likes

like this of course!

5 Likes

Dabloons and crates is the future.

Last I checked they’re not a charity.

No, it is clear that a few at CCP realise the damage & baggage that players like you have caused to the game economy or possibly Pearl Abyss have realised what a lame goose they’ve purchased.

Personally I think it is too late, Sony’s n+1 account & soft on botting hard on RMT game design has saw CCP profit bloom over the years. Eve online is in the cesspit now because of it, pulling the plug and launching Eve 2.0 is the best plan.

Poverty patching eve 1.0 is only gonna harm 2.0 uptake by making your brain dead n+1 player Base cry because they need to engage more than primitive thought. CCP should just do more brain dead n+1 prosperity changes, let the brain dead players like you Shipwreck cheer your own doom.

The only economy that matters to any company is their revenue and profits.

2 Likes

If that were the case scarcity would never have happened.

5 Likes

Buy an exhumer or rorqual?

Everyone will fill less ore in jita. Prices goes up. Gankers have less juicy fat targets in hisec.

It’s a fact that CCP contributed to the final version of the New Halaima Code of Conduct which is the law Highsec and the founding document of the New Order of Highsec and CODE.

3 Likes

Isnt that what everyone but Gankers wants?

Expensive Catalysts, less ganking?

Less ores are AFK mined by Orcas, so non-Orca miners will get paid better for their time after the changes.

3 Likes

Thank you CCP for finally fixing ganking! It only took you like 18 years!

1 Like

Not my problem™

2 Likes

1 Like

I expect all ships on the market will become a little more expensive.

Barge miners will continue being poor, even with less competition.
The biggest problem for dedicated miners will be the ISK price of PLEX.
PLEX is relatively expensive right now and I expect the price will rise further in the long run. There is less and less reason to buy isk, through PLEX, with dollars. Ship price inflation in isk, ruins the current dollar proposition. Newbie whales are also a limited resource to exploit and the newbies have less and less things to realistically aspire to and therefore fewer skills to inject into.

So even IF multi-boxed miners would start making a little more isk per m3 of veldspar, plexing some of their accounts will only become harder to do. This should result in fewer miners, but miners are also surprisingly stubborn.

CCP could:
1 copy more PLEX onto the player market artificially, lowering the isk-price of plex, but that would scare away the real dollar whales, which negatively affects their bottom line; or
2 spawn dummy accounts with enough ISK to buy (and delete) more PLEX off the market, raising the isk price of plex, so there will be more dollar to plex purchases. This will make plexing accounts through in game activities even harder.

It makes a lot more sense to go for option 2 than for option 1. Krabs will be hurting.