How Safe is a C2 Really?

Hello,

Pair of returning players have been attempting to scan down an empty or inactive C2 wormhole to get some mining and site OPs going. So far most of the wormholes have been pretty lively.

Question is, how likely is a 4-5 man corp likely to be able to keep a medium citadel for moon mining up and running before being engaged in PvP?

2 Likes

It will be difficult. If you want you guys could join the corp my other character is on. They are really friendly and activeand our miners could use all the help they could get.

we have done it with less however mining in wh is pointless (moons are identical to hs) and if are only 4-5 you’re better off living outside the wh and day tripping.

Did a little day tripping today and unfortunately got jumped and scragged by five guys. Was a decent learning experience for my bud. Will take a better anti-gank fit in the future.

Looking forward to more OPS.

I can sell you enter to calm C2 :wink: I follow it for like half of the year and it stay empty. It has awesome oceanic planet > 15 AU from sun to place citadel next to (less chances to get d-scanned right after undock). Righ now there is like 20 + anomalies (no one lives there).

you can do it, but you need 3 megathron alts and a hic all higs rigged for static control. if you, as an organization, can handle the statics daily, you will be okay unless someone is rolling to find your hole.

you should have some pvp guys in corp, even alts that are pvp capable is enough. id say, you can do it easy with 6 man/alts. …

C2 have 2 statics and that means they are more active. I would not recommend but if all you want to do is mine/rat get a C1 or a C3.

Edit: Highsec static > Good logistics, lots of activity
Lowsec Static > average logistics, average activity
Nullsec Static > poor logistics, low activity

1 Like
  1. Mining in wormhole space is dumb. Just go join Goons.

2. Evictions are a lot less common than you think. Especially against groups that aren’t totally AFG.

3. These are the only acceptable wormhole types that a typical corporation should live in: C5 w/ C5 static, C4 w/ C2-C5 statics, C2 w/ C5-NS statics, or C2 w/ C3-HS statics. Anything else is dumb and will severely limit what you can do.

4. C2 sites are absolutely not worth doing. Do C3 or C5 sites through your static instead. C3 sites can be done optimally with a blingish Rattlesnake, a Marauder, or 2 tinker Rattles/Nestors. C5 sites can be daytripped with blingy tinker Rattles, FoF range-tanked battleships, or a dread.

1 Like

dont worry, its perfectly safe

2 Likes

The rational (which may not pan out in practice), is to reduce logistics. No need to hop over to k-space and make a million jumps in a battleship when you can just build them in system. Also, in high-sec you can’t build capitals in the same system you mined the minerals in. Modules are not quite as neat, since it basically restricts you to T2 fits, so you’d have to import moon goo and run reactions to build them… but running reactions look to be profitable so you’d want to be doing that anyways.

Refinery also has a 200km web and disruptor on it, and your choice of target painter or ECM, which I think covers most of the asteroid belt (have not finished pulling an asteroid field up on the test server yet). Hopefully if the mining ship gets ganked, a character in a combat ship can undock in a counter and get a kill on the attacker tackled by the station gunner in exchange. Which doesn’t seem like quite the same equation as an ore anom. Especially since you can just build another mining ship in system with the minerals you mined.

That is the theory anyways. We’ll see I guess.

1 Like

Dude, agreed on being able to do it with many fewer people than four, I have done it with 1 and it was the most enjoyable time I have spent in EVE. Also, I would rather run a mining fleet in my home WH then run one in a .5 HS System, easy gank target.

1 Like

Totally doable. I lived for quite a while in a C3 solo - as a newbro (I moved there after only being in the game for about 5 months). Don’t let people scare you away from it. You’ll lose a few ships until you figure out how to stay safe, but wormhole isk is good, so you make it back quickly.

I’d recommend a C3 and I definitely recommend you run combat sites in addition to the mining you want to do. Rattlesnakes can handle every C3 combat site and each one is worth about 50m isk on average.

1 Like

Id have to agree. When I was new to Eve, found a corp in high sec, begged and begged the ceo to take us to wh once apocrypha came out… eventually - not long after, we did and it was amazing tbh. miss those days.

to be honest though I was able to run c3 sites with a pair of assault cruisers… really really easily, I used the vagabonds and made a cap stable perma tank fit with all dps and tracking, range, mwd,… something I can rat with and then again step away from the key board for a sec to stir the noodles or grab a sammich… :slight_smile:

They worked flawlessly. I havent tried one assault cruiser though, but I bet something with an active tank bonus would do really well in there. I tend to use close range high dmg ammo, and teh vago’s total value came to around 500 mil each… with a gixt x type large booster fit. rattlesnakes can cost a bit, and is a valuable target to gank, its slow to warp/align. I agree with ya, I just wonder if there arent smaller ships that can tank the sites just fine and serve a better purpose here. not just for this poster.

Id love to try the amarr hac… me thinks lasers are pretty rad for wh’s, as with the less consumption of ammo, and better range selections with scorch, higher dps with conflag… I wish I trained lasers way sooner in other words.

something like the legion though, is perfect for whs… though you are getting up to 500 mil and above like the rattlesnake… once you fit them that is. Command ships, the slepnir for example, I know its not really a pve ship but it sure can be… it has a good bonus set for it imo. Ive used the sleip to solo c4 sites, run lv 4 missions, it has served it place, though I think there are better options, its skill intensive to train, and they can cost over 500 mil fit as well. Keeping things in expensive is part of the isk war we all face learning how Eve works.

Solo wh ops are fun imo. I have been going after those shattered wh’s ever since they came out, because they spawn many sites, and no one can live in there so, … gives me a huge advantage.

I still cant get over the vagabond… Im sure the cerb or gal hac, the amarr hac… can do it too… more or less. here is the fit I used when I was living in a c3…

[Vagabond, Vagabond]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II

Gist X-Type Large Shield Booster
Medium Cap Battery II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
425mm AutoCannon II
Small Energy Neutralizer II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II

Federation Navy Hobgoblin x5

Phased Plasma M x23735

or

[Legion, Legion]
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Corpum A-Type Medium Armor Repairer
Core X-Type Armor Thermal Hardener
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Core X-Type Armor EM Hardener

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Republic Fleet Large Cap Battery

Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Heavy Pulse Laser II
Core Probe Launcher II
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

Legion Propulsion - Intercalated Nanofibers
Legion Defensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Legion Core - Augmented Antimatter Reactor
Legion Offensive - Liquid Crystal Magnifiers

you can swap the hardeners for appropriate npc… atm its set up for sansha rats… :slight_smile: some type c adaptive resists are nice for sleepers. :slight_smile:

wh isk is imo the best in the game. Im running c4’s atm and making around 500 - 600 mil/hr on average. This month has been rather interesting and Im about to pull back to empire for a break due to a real life project coming up in the mixing studio. Ill share my legion fit as well in case you feel youd like to train in to that. To be honest I feel tech threes are the best option for wh and wh solo ops but you can loose skills if you loose them, they are or can be a bit expensive starting out, and they take some time to skill into.

2 Likes

Literally why would you run sites in a low-DPS HAC instead of a Rattlesnake that can do the site 4x faster?

because mass, align time, initial cost and risk… and because two vagas in low lv sites is easy, plenty fast enough… I mean a few min a site is pretty fast man, how much faster you gonna do with a slow boat which all of the above is slower? why run 2 v 1 in smaller ships, idk, because it can be done? is like why run three paladins in a c4 site when a carrier can run them just fine?

because well lasers? you follow? sure the rattlesnake is great and all, and I dont argue that one bit. but theres two vs 1,… imagine getting dropped by wing span and you have one ship taht is webed scrammed and neuted… and the difference if you had two smaller ships that use the field a bit more? I would think, the two ships could be an advantage over the one…

and to add, who said my hacs were low dps? lmao… look man, you assume too much. :slight_smile:
Idk theres a few reasons and maybe a few more i wont mention?

1 Like

Hello there,

Im offering you an option here. I am a returned CEO with the intention of bringing my corp back to whs.
We would be doing both pvp and pve but mainly pvper. We’d live in a c4 with c2/c5 which will give us everything we need.

Im an experience pilot/FC and if you and your friends would be interested to learn how to pvp, safe farm and other stuff, hit me up in game by sending me an email.

I know in the first Corp I was in we held a C1 WH with about 5 people.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.