How to disable "establishing warp vector" notification?

any idea how to disable this :

I am not blind and I can clearly see the same thing on bottom of my capacitor where is ship speed.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Not really the same thing, but i agree that it is annoying as it is and a simple (3-minute) timer instead of complicated bar would have been a better implementation of anti-bumping.

1 Like

Not sure if it’s same thing but it act as same thing , if I get bumped , it bounce back and forth and back … so annoying as hell

1 Like

Like a ticking clock, it stopped bothering me.

I would have preferred a simple countdown in the blue engine part. The bar now is too similar to that to make it matter imho

1 Like

@CCP_Falcon please consider this … a countdown, Thanks

1 Like

Yeah it’s annoying, because its duplicated information. Sorry to say that, but the dev time on this was wasted.

2 Likes

It’s yet another example of “do the devs even play this game”, just like the gong sound.

5 Likes

It’s used to start the timer for the 3 minute bump warp mechanism, but sure, feel free to complain about it as duplicate info.

1 Like

Especially because they failed to even try to solve the correct problem.

The only real problem with bumping is not freighters, it is miners and the miners are not trying to warp, they are trying to hold still.

My tin foil hat theory is this is from the same person who gave us unload without docking :rofl:

You can disable it by shutting your eyes or shutting your computer off.

2 Likes

Agreed that the bar is about as helpful as the speed bar for knowing when you’re going to warp. When you’re bouncing or otherwise have a velocity away from alignment there doesn’t seem to be much reason or rhyme to the new bar. It goes up and down a bit and then…suddenly warp.

The simplest solution may be to implement an (optional, on by default) overlay on your ship displaying the real-time 3D graphics of the magnitude vector of your true velocity and another one for the warp vector. When the two vectors align, you warp off. Would seem much more appropriate, intuitive, and useful, for a 3D space game.

2 Likes

I was dual-boxing a freighter and webber recently and took a look at how the “establishing warp vector” compared with the velocity display and the heading shown in the tactical overlay. I quickly concluded I was far better off using the older methods to time the webbing.

1 Like

Do they even have a QA department now?

No idea but I doubt it.

Did they ever?

1 Like

“Having” and using are two different things.

1 Like

1 Like

hehehe
thats cute :slight_smile:

Ya the devs need to log at least 24 hrs a week of game play yup

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Look in options, i think is right there.