How to Extract 3D Ship Model and Skins?

We are working on a mod for space engineers using Eve turrets. Our next step is to make them retract and deploy. @Neuntausend If you could help us find that data it would go a long way to completing our goal. Here’s an example of what we have so far. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hk-os193q8&feature=youtu.be Heres our discord if you want to reach out to us https://discord.gg/acFvCB Just look for PatriotSaint#6186, thats me or Zader64#3690 or Neimoh#1466. Merry Christmas.

1 Like

I really don’t know as much about this as my earlier post may have made it seem. I can’t find them. How were you able to get the aiming animations? Do you know which of EVE’s custom file types it would be?

PS - SE is another favorite of mine. And if you tell me you play KSP or Children of a Dead Earth, I will know you are a clone of me.

1 Like

hi didn’t arrive to export with Tri exporter it crashed .
did someone could share me the model in oBJ of a Keepstar Upwell ?

Thanks .

1 Like

I added a .obj version of the Keepstar.

3 Likes

Hi All,

I have come late to this thread so apologies if I am digging up an old topic, like allot of people I enjoy doing fan art, I have no issues getting models or textures and using @Neuntausend blender shader I have been able to make some decent attempts at some ships, however what I cannot figure out is how certain Skins are applied. A lot of the skins are not the normal textures within .ar, .no, .pmdg files but look to be projected decals onto the ships such as the Caldari Octupus Skin, anyone know if this is achievable in blender, are these projections using a separate UV map to the default ship model UV? Any info on these skins would be great.

Cheers

Akasha

1 Like

Can you link me the files you are wondering about?

There is a projection function in Maya that I’m familiar with, and I’m wondering if the issue is simply that the texture in question is an image file (jpg, png etc) not associated with a UV. Projections are handled in the program (Maya, in my case) and aren’t part of the regular texture pipeline. It’s more of a reference image that is … “projected” onto the geometry, and if it works the way I think it does, the shaders in EVE handle that portion.

1 Like

upload them somewhere? The ship geometry, normal texture files, and the projected decals / textures you’re wondering about.

I haven’t looked at EVE assets in like a year and can’t tackle that learning curve right now

1 Like

Hi Rain

Thanks for the reply, please find my google drive link to a file called Raven.Zip

It has the Raven Model in OBJ format, all the normal textures that I can find for the Raven in DDS format and 2 projection files in Jpg format, I have also included 2 pictures of what the Raven looks like ingame with the skin applied.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GQEWV1I5PEfrXaw3P8L0I2SifwqoBWAA/view?usp=sharing

Cheers

Akasha

1 Like

Would you happen to have the models from Valkyrie?

I don’t actually own Valkyrie, so I wouldn’t have those ones.

Is there an stl for the prospect?

Great discussion, btw

well,I think it is hard to explain all the details

not to mention that my English is very bad:sob:
So,I saw many gays have put some tutorials, you can just try by yourself and ask what you can’t replicate.

1 Like

Today I learned that the T2 mining frigs have their own model XD

-Added Prospect/Endurance

1 Like

You rock! (And I’m a geologist, so I should know)
Thanks

1 Like

Nothing like making your own spaceship.

Some of the people with great CAD skills do this cause they can add in all the details that get lost in the skin overlay that isn’t 3D.

This guy for example: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/87945u/hey_guys_i_have_something_pretty_cool_to_share/

1 Like

Maybe you could write a more detailed usage statement? Those links to web149.mis12.de are dead

omfg!

I probably could.

The old thread is dead, as is the old forum, as is this shader setup, as is the old file storage server. If there’s interest, I could make a new one. My shader setup was meant mainly for rendering, and it was never perfect. Quite flawed, actually. Most people really just wanted to bake textures anyway, and this could be done much easier.

What do you need it for?

Thanks for the Google drive zip @Akasha_Shadowlore

I think what you might need is something called 3D projection with a layered texture capability. Shouldn’t require a different set of UV but I’m not familiar with blender.