How to fix combat interceptors

wolfs and jags go 4k+ easily, just as fast as many interceptors (especially combat types)

Do YOU actually solo?
Do YOU actually play the game?

'cus right now, i think not…

Honestly, claws were OP. When 200 of them can warp in, lock and blap a target, and warp out before anything can even lock them, it’s a problem.

A competent FC using fozzieclaws would never take losses, because they don’t ever take fights. They literally just blap and run, warp in, blap and run.

You and I do agree that they should not have had nullification to begin with. We agree that they were OP.

What I’m saying right now is that combat cepters have zero reason to even undock at the moment. They’re just T1 frigates with T2 price tags.

Already said as much. And, given their lack of interdiction immunity, you’ll end up tackled just as easily as that “slow ass AF”. Except the AF can survive longer, and stand a better chance of crashing the gate.

1 Like

and yet ive been in gangs where we basically smartbombed most of the claw fleet, funny that.

Like I said… competent FC. Clearly those claws weren’t using pings.

competant fc’s probably dont really do fozzieclaws tbvh.

When solo running away from a situation that doesn’t favour you means that you can later in get in a situation that does. Being able to get away from trouble is very useful just as it is to get IN trouble.

First of all you hand pick one of the lulziest AF’s right now. Secondly any decent intie will get close to 6km, while aligning MUCH faster and having just over half the sig size

Try again.

except raptors, taranis and claws… or any other inty nless their overheating
much like many other frigs…

only way a Jag is going to hit 4km/s is with OH. so an OH, say, raptor does close to 6.

That is, unless you cheat and apply implants/boosters or fleet bonuses to one, while you don’t do it for the other. Obviously.

uh… no, your wrong lol
OMG you are so very wrong.

And that really does prove my point that nullification shouldnt have been taken away and that inties arent overpowered.

Please, if you dont know your stuff; go comment on something you DO know about.

We did when we had a toasting op that needed to work. They hated it, as did everyone else in the fleet… but the right tool for the job…

And my point is that your combat cepter will get tackled just as easily as an AF. In LS there aren’t any bubbles, so there’s a clear advantage there in align time, but in most cases an AF can run away just as well there too. I maintain that unless you’re flying what will end up being a hard counter (as mentioned before scramkite vs brawler), a combat cepter will always lose to an AF. The sig size is still more than large enough for an AF to apply to it, the dps is lower, the tank is lower, everything is worse about them.

In null, bubbles will mean you’re tackled just as much as an AF. Except your speed is useless because you’ll get scrammed. Being in an AF, you’ve got the ADC to help you crash the gate and try to run if you’re tackled on your ingate.

“lucky hard counter” isn’t a good enough reason for an entire class of ships.

1 Like

I’ll take higher speed, faster align and smaller sig when burning back to the gate. Not always mind you. I’m not saying one is always better than the other because that would be silly. I’m saying that both have their place and combat inties are fine as a whole.

But the “waah it got nerfed now it needs a buff” is the usual “waah nerf” silliness.

And the hard counter bit is just a straw man.

Show us a realistic Jag fit that does 4km, non-OH without implants/boosters/bonuses.

probably any that horde use… or any null sovbloc tbvh

nono, you said it can do 4km cold. Show us a fit that does that.

Mr soloer.

why? just because you dont have a clue?
go get one.

get out.

1 Like

I’m advocating they just delete combat cepters, and roll the existing hulls into their tackle equivalents. I see zero purpose for them. I don’t want them buffed, I just want them gone. All they’re doing now is adding balance workload to the dev staff (assuming they bother to try to balance, ofc!)

As you continue to ignore my challenge, I’ll ask it again. Other than running away (something that we’ve already clarified is slightly better), show me how 1-1000 combat cepters will outperform AFs augmented with tackle.

If you scramkite a brawler (that hard counter we keep talking about) you’ll win because they won’t be able to shoot you. In literally any scenario where the AF can shoot back, your combat cepter is toast.

Your fits are thus limited to scramkite (as anything else will die), and your targets are limited to things that you can scramkite. You’d have a decent fight on your hands against a cheapfit T1 frigate who spent less on their entire fit than you do on your ammo.

Who says we’re fighting intie vs AF?

Try a dual prop brawl intie, see how that works in many situations.

you still haven’t shown us this amazing Jag that can do 4km/s cold.

Oh my god. Please. Read harder.

I really can’t make this any easier to read.