How to fix combat interceptors

I get the feeling you havent played in a very long time.

They dont need buffs, there are other classes that fill that role.

They need nullification.

I do, but I donā€™t have this need to always fly the bestest ships, possibly with silly mods or implants. And still do fine.

they donā€™t NEED it, you WANT it. Difference.

whats that got to do with anything?

Jaguar
High power
3x Rocket Launcher II
Medium power
1x 5MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
1x Initiated Compact Warp Scrambler
1x Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
2x Medium Ancillary Shield Booster
Low power
1x EFFA Compact Assault Damage Control
2x Nanofiber Internal Structure II
Rig Slot
2x Small Core Defense Extender II
Charges
1,151x Mjolnir Rage Rocket
1,001x Inferno Javelin Rocket
1,000x Scourge Rage Rocket
1,000x Nova Rage Rocket
1,000x Inferno Rage Rocket
1,000x Scourge Javelin Rocket
1,000x Nova Javelin Rocket
1,000x Mjolnir Javelin Rocket
Drones
2x Warrior II
2x Hobgoblin II

Dunno if you saw this jag fit, but itā€™s faster and tankier than your raptor fit, and itā€™s not even a hard counter

No, in order to be able to intercept other ships ESPECIALLY other ceptors, they NEED it.

The clue is in the nameā€¦

why are you fitting extender rigs on a dual asb fit.

And you forget about dual prop which works really well vs a lot of targets.

And we can continue to compare it to other ships, fact is they will always fall short, eg

taranis v comet or enyoā€¦
crusader vsā€¦ well anything really it was only ever good at killing fleet ceptors and some stuff with artiesā€¦
Clawā€¦ v wolf i guess? honestly i think this one was the least used before the change to sovā€¦
Raptor vsā€¦ i mean really if you think they are filling a role then your entitled to your opinion, but you have nothing solid to base that opinion on and therefore whilst your opinion is valid as YOUR opinion it holds no valid weight in this debate.

2 Likes

The only way to balance them back in is to give them nullification and do something about inertial stabilzers.

You cant really buff speed.
You cant buff dps.
And you certainly cant buff the tank or range application.

I mean that would basically make them t2 faction frigatesā€¦ ie, assualt frigates.

They worked better before the change (duh), they work fine now. Some need work but that is not because they lost bubble immunity and thus also isnā€™t solved by another blanket bonus.

they buffed navy frigates AND afā€™s since the nullification change im pretty sure about that.

Games changed a lot since thenā€¦

And added t3 destroyers which have better align timesā€¦

and added command destroyers which can also go at 4k m/s with the link bonus AND jump 100km in front (in about 6 seconds i think)

ac-603 is cheap, plus all the new combat drugsā€¦

claw could use a third mid, crusader better cap, Taranis more PG, Raptor is fine imo.

They needed that before the whole immunity thing, they needed it during and they need it now. What they donā€™t need is a blanket lulz mechanic to hide the actual issues behind.

more buffer

right now dual MASB is the meta for hookbills and jags, it gives a ā– ā– ā– ā–  ton of tank for 0 cap

a third mid on a claw would make it overpowered for solo, its already meaty af if you fit it a certain way, giving it the ability to fit a cap booster or a web probably isnt a good ideaā€¦
taranis doesnt need more pg, it can already put out 350 dps without poloraized weapons; both of these are slow but the slowness is compensated for.
Crusader doesnt need more cap, it would be nice; but not needed. cap management is a bitch.

Im max skilled for fitting small ships btw, including rigs.

On a dual asb fit like that, IF you fit shield rigs you fit resists ones.

I donā€™t care what the meta is for jags and hookbills, I care about what dual prop does for an intie like the Raptor and how that massively increases the types of targets it can attack, even without the web.

why must fits have dual prop? the jag goes plenty fast even when scrammed, and you just wanted a viable solo pvp jag that can go 4km/s

lowsec pvp. as in clearly dual prop excells in lowsec pvp but is generally not needed in null or whā€™s.

hence ā€œcould useā€, although I did state ā€œneedā€ later on.