How to get Industry working in LS as a small corp with the core requirement?

We had a small industry op up and running on a Low Sec Citadel for quite a while, sadly our system got moved to Pochven and we had to evacuate everything to Jita.

Lately we where thinking about starting to build stuff again, however it seems impossible for a small corp without any military power to anchor their own Citadel in Low Sec these days. Our latest anchoring attempt got shut down sadly.

Thanks to the addition of Cores everyone seems to grind structures with their dreads/supers as an low effort income activity against small groups.

How do you handle this if you want to do industry in Low Sec? Is joining a larger group the only viable option? If so which one would you recommend?

1 Like

Unfortunately you need the umbrella of mega corporations especially now with the ore changes.

2 Likes

I can’t really see any difference between joining a megacorp and simply being a hi sec carebear.

Just trading one kind of safety umbrella for another. With no option to play the risky game and seek adventure.

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/c/Gamingsincethe70s

Total newbie, created industry corporation in lowsec. In just few months they where well established entity in their part of space. Now in just bit more than year they managed to conquer own space in null.

Yes, you need to make friends. But it’s not impossible to be fresh fish in the pool and make success.

2 Likes

I dont think there is much risk/adventure in anchoring a structure in LS just to have some nerds drop dreads ontop of them … even if we could kill a dread they would just escalate. There is no counter play to this for a small corp is there?

Yeah. It’s not “risk” unless you have a greater than 0% chance. And right now, you don’t have any chance at all.

The options are either:

A: Join a mega corp and have pretty much 100% guarantee.

or

B; Stay in highsec and have pretty much 100% guarantee (but low profit)

or

C: Go into low/null as an independent or small entity and have a 0% chance.

There is no option to take a “risk”.

1 Like

Iits not that difficult just spend a week and get 200+ folks into your corp that can help.

You can still do a lot of industry in NPC stations. Sure it’s not as efficient but you don’t have to risk a structure or pay for fuel. Also if your selling in lowsec you can get higher prices and be plenty profitable. You can even get cheaper prices for many minerals/ores than highsec as well.

I only do my industry in low/null npc stations and never had an issue.

3 Likes

Sadly the stuff we are invested in cannot be built in NPC stations :confused: We had our LS citadel uncontested in a super dead system for a long time and it worked great. With the core changes it suddenly seems impossible though.

Have you tried WH ? pretty empty these days it seems, C1 to C3 are either empty or cheap.

2 Likes

With literally no ore in wh, you won’t handle logistics just to be able to maintain any constant production. And hisec static for "small corporation without military power’ is death wish.

CCP acknowledged beforehand that the core system was the death of independent industry. It was their choice, their idea of “balancing the game”.

Join a mega corp or die. There is no in between. Since people don’t want to go in NS to join their idea of “big TIDI wars” they are forcing NS entities in HS and LS.

4 Likes

If you are remote enough no one will make the jumps to pop your citadel. If you do not wish to be remote then you will need to pay rent. Rent is modest in low sec, most players would value an indy wing for rent.

1bn pcm would buy you anchoring rights pretty much anywhere in low sec. 200m max for but f no where is more than ok.

But when a roaming dread fleet rolls a pocket you just gotta pay the iron price as this is not null & there is no way to defend citadels unless you show up to each armor timer.

Don’t feel bad the people who popped your low sec citadel are paying snuff not to pop theirs, null sec groups like test pay snuff for the privilege of anchoring in low sec.

I would also suggest what @Kiddoomer said - consider a wormhole. Maybe a C2 would be better so you can get your bigger haulers through the wormhole. Plus I think the industry bonuses would be better because of the security status right?

Moving 500-1000k mÂł per week into a wh would be quite a logistics nightmare though :confused:

Where can I rent anchoring rights in a LS system for 200m? Would renting also mean that they will defend it in case its under attack?

Renting just means that your landlord shoots you less.
Maybe joining faction warfare and making good with the militia?
I honestly got lucky and saw these changes before deploying my station, after watching for a little bit I sold it and all of its parts.

Speaking of nightmares…

There is a section under market on this forum. WTB, there is a retail trade channel in the game chat to.

There is also structure browser by multiple parameter in game with advertised cost. I would not recommend the want to deploy your own citadel, there being loads already.

1 Like

ok thanks