How to get more people to play eve

Eh, I would quote what I agree with in your post, but that would end up quoting 90% of the post and skipping about 6 sentences.

Just a few notes:

• People think the ‘demanding, carebear hordes’ have driven these changes to high sec. It seems to me it is driven more by bad design decisions at CCP… of which there have been many, across all sectors.

• Less PvP in high sec won’t bring the people. More PvP in high sec won’t bring the people. Better and more interesting game design will bring the people.

• A point I made, that you didn’t make any reference to is relevant though - you and the other pseudo-PVPers in high sec want a ‘relatively’ safe place to engage in PvP. Otherwise all the PvP you could ask for is a couple jumps away in low, WH and null space. What you want is the ability to do the things you are interested in, safe from being interrupted by people who want to screw with your game. Exactly what the ‘high sec carebears’ want. This actually is an important game design element.

Read the link I posted from the Ultima Online Developers Post-Mortem (in another post) - non-consensual PvP is bad game design. People get hung up on this ‘high sec is for PvP! No it’s for PvE!’ and miss the fact that a game can be designed to allow both.

• Agreed that in both high sec and null, certain almost entirely safe activities routinely pay out way too well.

This. So much this. It boggles my mind how much money CCP has thrown away on wasted initiatives, things nobody asked for, ‘fixes’ that break the game… and then they wonder why the player base is declining and Alphas aren’t signing up for subs. FIX YOUR DAMN GAME AND MAYBE PEOPLE WILL PLAY IT MORE.

3 Likes