How to Increase eve’s player count and create value for existing PVP players and eventually everyone else

What?

3 Likes

The greatest bait to ever grace this forum. Well played, sir.

2 Likes

That’s Exactly what is not being proposed in the post above.

Do you think when CCP releases project awakening its going to have your web 3 wallet access, is it going to issue you with keys?

if someone hacks your game account how do they have access to you bitcoin/Ethereum web3 wallet ?

If you have for example an electrum SV wallet on your computer and its password protected and backed up with cryptographic keys then someone comes and hacks your game account how do they have access to your wallet without the password for that wallet ?

If i want to use a web3 wallet i have to enter a password to use it.

it interacts with the game it is NOT the GAME

if CCP is releasing a new game based around a blockchain token system then its not me pushing it, its CCP.

1 Like

Thanks, I haven’t posted in so long i forgot how cynical eve forums can be

1 Like
1 Like

Not entirely, because it is involving PvP over a certain value it negates bots. ISK farming and then selling the isk on websites is an RMT system.

CCP is building a new type of eve with blockchain built in so its coming over the hill anyway.

Its quite a bit to digest in one post, and i did kind of write it running out the door.

CCP is building a blockchain game “project awakening” whether that’s a push from its main owner or they just now like crypto remains to be seen.

Having seen what a pile of steaming dung most cryptos are its a safe bet they went with Ethereum as it has a certain safety factor but its GAS fees limit what you can do with it in terms of application.

Base layer web3 high throughput TPS and micro/nano transactions can only be handled by bitcoin SV

there is no crypto on the market that can handle transactions in high volume and at sub cent $0.00015 for a transaction

If adoption comes you want it to be the most capable one to give you optionality

Can you name another “Blockchain” that has these qualities

The only one i see working with scaling capability is Bitcoin SV

Thanks for the lengthy reply !

A lot of the comments are taken out of context and are related to Project awakening implementation and not EVE online such as the procedural generation and VR.

Regarding the NFT debate when i said that EVE already has NFT’s what i mean by that is that your spaceship fulfills the criteria for an NFT. you create it with blueprints, you spend time and effort / or money to amass the materials for it. Its is identified as unique in the game I.e. no one can just copy “your” spaceship they have to build their own. you can “insure” it and if you are board with it you can sell it on.

Im not trying to “sell” a blockchain, CCP’s Parent company Pearl Abyss will eventually tell CCP to do it. Why ? because they own EVE as a business for profit. Point being you want the most capable web3 “metanet” rather than something people use for extracting high transfer costs as this severely limits what you can do in terms of application and will eventually end up with some sort of NFT clearing house reversed into EVE which would be a disaster.

you cant find another blockchain that can give you cheap transfers and scalability because there is none. If you watch some videos on it, its baselayer Web3 with IPV6 integration.

Mabye project awakening was the compromise to stave off blockchain integration with EVE.

I do like the legal argument against it, has there been such instances of in game robbery in court ?
The idea of being prosecuted in court for ganking seems hilarious, then getting away with it only to have to file your ganking taxes lol

CCP is literally building a blockchain integrated game called “Project awakening”

CCP is owned by its parent company Pearl abyss

Pearl abyss wants blockchain integration

This is not shark tank, its a message board for a video game.

HOT TIP: Boasting about your yet to be gained qualifications smacks of immaturity.

o7

1 Like

The article you’ve linked is from February 2022. By May 2022 the whole NFT market imploded and was completely gone. The whole thing was speculative idiocracy from the beginning and could not have been even be possible without massive social engineering by Bored Ape Yacht Club (and the bandwagon that followed).

You still, after 2 and a half years of it being completely dead, do not understand - there is no profit in NFTs. There is no future for NFTs. There are only scams and rug pulls… and unlimited amount of blinding greed combined with a complete detachment from reality by entities like Ubisoft.

And no, ships are not NFTs. First of all - you don’t own them, CCP does. You don’t even own your character for that matter - CCP does. You don’t own ISK - CCP does. You are paying for a service. That’s why there are no loss lawsuits.

The whole NFT fiasco is dead and it will stay dead, and there is no point for me trying to discuss it any further.

5 Likes

And yet despite your “NFTs are dead” and will never be used again, CCP is building a game now that has this very same utility built in it along with smart contracts etc.

Pétursson said the journey to this project started around 2015, when someone asked him about putting game assets on the Bitcoin blockchain. Pétursson said he didn’t know much about the topic but he began talking to others and learning about it.

“I started my little journey of trying to figure this out. Even if I have a degree in computer science, it was an embarrassingly long process to pick it up,” he said.

He watched the rise of CryptoKitties, which featured NFTs people could buy and sell, in 2017. The company started exploring its own projects. But there were so many limitations at the time, such as scaling the transactions up to huge numbers. Still, Pétursson remained curious because the space was intellectually rigorous.

“Frankly, some of the deepest thinking on game economies I have observed happens at blockchain conferences, due to the fact that everything had to be so sparse and you had to be very deliberate about what to do,” he said.
Pétursson said that the company offers a form of digital ownership in Eve Online, but it’s subject to a lot of caveats on the end-user license agreement.

The way i see it going is like this: Blockchain EVE (Project awakening or BEVE) gets launched and makes tons of money, two or three years down the line Pearl abyss tells CCP to integrate blockchain into EVE.
The incentive will be to have the ability to port characters or something so your 150mil SP Character can live again in a new universe.

I know CCP CEO is saying EVE wont have blockchain but what he means is that it wont have it for the foreseeable future.

My point is that if you are going to eventually have it you should build on what is base layer web3 and unbounded scaling.

Pétursson himself says inn the article that scaling the transactions up to huge numbers is a quality you would look for in a blockchain

1 Like

tee hee hee

i was arguing with the wife

Then i thought i should stop and just argue with the internet instead

They dumped that waste of time and money :joy:

Blockchain is just a ledger technology.

Good for logistics, authentication, and security whatnot.

Bunch of BORING business stuff.

Noone wants your NFTs or bitcoins made out of pixel money. Why are you so personally invested in this dude.

You wrote more words in this thread than I did in my final exams this week. :joy:

CCP is going to be building vanguard for the foreseeable future what do you mean LOL?

2 Likes

No they are still going foward with it.

1 Like

Oh dear…

I uh… Yah I remember buying a year sub for vanguard… idk if if regret that lol

Ima try out this version tho. Seems they are making progress? :man_shrugging:

But CCP and this blockhain stuff… Not surprised if they made plex into a crypto :joy:

I didn’t mention Vanguard

I was specifically referring to the new project awakening that integrates blockchain in an EVE universe.

Is it that hard to follow along ?

My guy your blockchains and cryptos will be niche for a very long time

Putting a niche technology (blockchain) IN a niche game (EVE) does not equal widespread adoption?

Niche + Niche ≠ Everyone adopting it. That is not how business works.

The core audience of EVE can care less about blockchain. Mind you EVE has tons of older players who just chuck their SSI checks at this game like many other MMOs to get their pixel ships. All they care about is coming home from work and finding the best way to disconnect from RL. Not transcend into this crypto world where our money is 100% digital.

Vanguard is CCP’s focus and it detracts from whatever you are posting here so yes mentioning vanguard is absolutely important in the timeline CCP has.

I really don’t want to deconstruct your argument line by line because others have here and I appreciate their efforts.

My final thing is with all this crypto I know for a fact it has 10, 20, 30+ more YEARS to go before adoption ever happens. IF it happens. This aint going to be a next year thing. Have you seen how SLOW this studio runs things? We run on MONTHLY patches for crying out loud. :joy:

I don’t need a degree or MBA to point out the above fact in the last paragraph. :point_up:

2 Likes

Congratulation, you fell for the most obvious scam in the whole crypto currency history. A malicious fork, founded by a serial scammer and conman that fraudulently claimed to be the very creator of Bitcoin. Who was just recently found by a UK court to not be Satoshi (COPA v Wright Main Judgment.pdf - Google Drive). Who will probably soon go to jail for lying under oath and swamping the whole court with forgeries on a scale that has never been seen before.

There is are the idiots that are just regular crypto-bros who fall for the whole moronic NFT gaming pitch, which makes no sense at all… and there are people that fall for BSV, which is like another level of stupid on top.

It’s like you are morons to the people normal people think are morons.

If anyone has too much time or just needs something to laugh, the reddit sub r/bsv (this sub was created to call out the scam, it is not controlled by the scammers) does a great job at highlighting the absolute madness that the BSV cult OP seems to be a part of is, enjoy.

3 Likes

Crypto bros explaining how blockchain will directly benefit the games you play, your vehicle’s fuel mileage, and even your lawncare…

2 Likes

At least old fashioned scammers offer you a real-world item of value like a bridge or something. :upside_down_face: