How to Increase eve’s player count and create value for existing PVP players and eventually everyone else

I’m pretty sure if some investment ‘guru’ said pickled crickets were the next big thing…there’d be billions of venture capital in pickled crickets the next day.

2 Likes

bumped this over to Player Features & Ideas - EVE Online Forums

1 Like

Yup. When it comes to bandwagon investment, I always remember this clip… and it all makes sense:

1 Like

Anyone else want to actually back OP up? Nearly reaching 50 posts here.

No?

Figured.

I know some yall liked his post/responses. Tell us what you thought about it. Jump in. Help the guy out. He is getting cooked by the better debaters here.

Crypto is for boring business use. No games. Nothing to see here guys.

NFTs are just straight up scams lol I can look up any jpeg I want.

Ill reserve judgement for the appeal, bottom line is the tech works and the others don’t. I think that Ager Hanssen getting 10 months in prison for document leaks etc. may have a technical “foul” from the original judgement and full grounds for the appeal which CSW already said his was pushing forward with.

If high transaction throughput is the most desirable feature of a blockchain “scaling”

then Bitcoin SV is the one that gives you the most functionality

I don’t see CSW as the “owner” of Bitcoin SV, I have watched a good few hours of his technical talks around it and i understand Bitcoin far better now. But as he said himself no one “owns” it. so if he exited stage left i would think that the tech should carry itself anyway.

you can see from the link that no other blockchain can do very high TPS and nano transactions at the same time.

one dude who left BSV is trying to build a new chain for GPU miners that’s as close to real the bitcoin “BSV” whitepaper as possible so it completely gets rid of the legacy politics but lets see if that happens.

Dude you are hilarious you literally have to ignore “project awakening” to get your point across. Its EVE with Blockchain and tell me how I’m wrong. not vanguard, not EVE online just project awakening.

Yep, watching people focus on the older articles and completely ignore the fact that CCP CEO is building Blockchain EVE is a whole other level of cope.

And then you will declare the court to be corrupt. There is no reality where the cult members that are still left will change their opinions anyway, so why even pretend?

It doesn’t though. BSV just does the same stupid stunt every other scam shitcoin does, it just pretends it solved scaling while in reality the chain has basically zero traffic and hence the bluff isn’t called. It’s a marketing stunt by the company that controls the whole thing, who just tries to sell their failing business that is based on a heap of worthless patents and a worthless fork of Bitcoin no one uses.

The only people left are people like you, who know just enough about the jargon to fall for the scam but not technical enough to see trough the obvious ■■■■■■■■. BSV did not solved scaling. The original Bitcoin design didn’t solve scaling. The only thing BSV did was remove a constant that limited block space, which was there for a good reason.

No one solved scaling so far, all the current solutions the most brilliant minds in the industry came up with have serious trade-offs and don’t solve the problem in a way that even remotely allows global scale.

And you think BSV, a failed chain that was a malicious fork of a malicious fork, that had no developers that had any grasp of the problem to begin with solved the problem by removing a constant. :rofl:

I think this article describes fairly accurately what you are talking about.

Written in 2022

one of the gripes of the author was that he didn’t have access to the “Terranode” to actually see if it works and that you could not see the “transactions” on some of the websites that track TPS stats etc.

I dont thing we will have to wait too long now as the timetable for public terranode is this year now.

What exactly is the the intention of this suggestion?

One thing I have learned on forums is that posters often write one thing but have an entirely different intention. It’s fun to figure out the intention of the poster, which usually puts the written suggestion in a context and sometimes completely different light. It’s one of the reasons I so very much dislike chatgpt written text, it completely lacks intention and thus this context.

Anyway, the suggestion here is convoluted and hard to figure out because it’s such a long-winded text about all sorts of things that have nothing to do with EVE like NFTs and specific block chain types of technology. From the viewpoint of an EVE player I still see no added value of this technology for EVE at all, even though I have tried each time people have been suggesting it, which happened various times years ago when NFTs and blockchain were still the new hype.

Today I still don’t see the value of these technologies for EVE and wonder what the intention of the OP is by suggesting it to be added to EVE.

Are you trying to increase the value of your near-worthless assets by making EVE adopt the specific versions you have invested in, perhaps?
Good luck with that! :joy:

1 Like

Okay to try and simplify the post

1. CCP is currently developing a Blockchain based version of EVE online or similar to EVE online
  2. CEO say it will have interoperability with EVE online
  3. Pearl Abyss the parent company of CCP is pushing for stable blockchain economies in all its games
  4. EVE online is anti blockchain and does not want it
  5. “project awakening” is a way to gently assimilate EVE in Blockchain environment
  6. From what im reading there are certain blockchains already adopted for this purpose
  7. Instead of just reversing a blockchain game into EVE which will happen in 2-3 years time why not layer a rewards system that can easily be rolled back. I think that BSV is the only “Chain” that could have that capacity and does not flout legalities.

OP is a follower if a cult like remnant of a fork of a fork of Bitcoin, that pretends like all forks of Bitcoin to be the real and only true one that follows the holy scripture, the whitepaper. You just have to read his posts to verify that.

The fork was instigated by a clown called Craig Wright, that claimed to be the inventor of Bitcoin, who even went to court to prove it with thousand of forged documents, which where found out not only by the opposition, but by his own experts.

Basically everyone and their dog knows for the better part of a decade that this guy is a fraud and conman and the “technology” behind BSV is a show, but there are still people like OP who even after all this still think the whole thing has merit.

There are people who lost their whole lifesaving to this scam. OP may be one of them. Their only hope is that it comes back one day, so accepting the fraud for what it is means accepting that they lost everything, which they can’t.

4 Likes

4 is a good observation.
The moment earning in-game money starts to become out-of-game money is the moment the game stops being a game played for enjoyment and starts becoming a job.

I play EVE because it’s a game, not a job. I already have a job. If EVE becomes a job, I would quit and I expect many others to make the same decision.

This is why I do not see a future for blockchain in EVE, because the entire basis of that blockchain in gaming is based on trying to turn EVE into an activity that you can earn money from, i.e. a job.

Point 5 may try to 'gently assimilate EVE into blockchain, but trust me that the moment EVE is gently assimilated into blockchain I am gone, and probably a large portion of the playerbase too.

This is a game, a hobby that people play for enjoyment. Stop trying to turn it into a job.

3 Likes

Well lets see,

I would say let the technology speak for itself.

If the public beta for terranode is a success and the coin does actually process high throughput transactions at scale for fractions of a cent in full public view then i would consider it “working”

whether you think CSW is a chancer or does know about bitcoin is then irrelevant.

The post will remain open for three months so lets see how it progresses

If you only point is ad hom then its not really a point is it.

1 Like

And if it doesn’t you can always just hope it will materialize next year, or the year after that…

Do you actually have a limit set for yourself at which point you will accept it was just a show?

1 Like

You really believe this is going to happen within a year!? This EVE and blockchain will not happen within a year let alone the next FIVE years.

I wish you had other people to defend you on this but it seems you are the only one and that really hurts your cause. Where are all the other crypto enthusiasts backing you up? Do they believe in this as much as you? Are they just lurking in the shadows?

We are at post 56 and no one has come to your aid to rebut any of our very valid points from @Karak_Terrel @Gerard_Amatin @Antihrist_Pripravnik @QuakeGod and @Syzygium

It’s a public forum. Come one come all. Let’s talk about this guys. Not much of a debate when we have 1 guy on the other side.

CCP is working on vanguard right now. Not blockchain stuff. They have demonstrated that usually 1 project can go on at a time and it is currently building vanguard FPS. What are you missing between my words?

GPU Miners are horrible people taking up ALOT of energy, GPUs, and land to convert physical assets into something pixelated. They do not provide value to society. If GPU miners were gone the next day no one would miss them. The energy use of running 10,000+ GPUs in some warehouse is off the charts no matter how many solar panels you can justify it with.

2 Likes

It has now been 2 days since the last reply.

I officially rest my case that noone is going to come to OP’s aid and help support his points about EVE x blockchain.

If the idea were so good surely there be people clamoring to support all or part of what OP said.

Surely?

Or maybe the crypto community is that small/niche?

Anthony, ccp is working on vanguard and the blockchain. The ones doing vanguard are not the ones on the blockchain. Its still a realistic possibility. I mean they are doing playtests for the blockchain stuff

1 Like

Yes CCP is making a blockchain game, however they have also stated that NFTs will not be in Tranquility.

2 Likes

Sure hope not… yeesh. Maybe there is a shadow community around all of this.