How to make every type of player happy

You need to define carebear or you’re going to get some crap thrown at you, when you apply it liberally you risk offending people who are normal players.

Definitions of the word carebear differ depending on who you ask, some consider it to be a playstyle, others consider it to be an attitude.

If it’s a playstyle then I’m a carebear, if it’s my attitude towards PvP then I am not; I consider myself to be amongst the normal players.

5 Likes

I can’t speak for Null, haven’t talked myself into that area yet. Title of thread is “how to make every type of player happy”

So, I put my 2 cents in, not that it is worth much.

Something that must be considered in this discussion.
Can please some of the people some of the time but, can’t please all the people all the time.

2 Likes

The problem is that we need to find new design solutions because we can’t just make EVE a cruel but fair universe, because the majority of EVE players not liking EVE, just like farming, and can kill any change just by mass-not-login and leave the game die.
But there is the other side, who like EVE and wants it to be great again. They can be PVP-ers, industrials, anyone that seeks challange, not hellokitty farming. Hellokitty EVE players just left the game for three months because they can’t organize or do anything that take any effort. They don’t care about EVE at all.

1 Like

Problem is the Hello Kitty players won and CCP showed that if Null starts whining they will cave in.

So the only solution is to either go to null or just play as an alpha because either way you have to be an idiot to invest in a game that just signed its own death warrant. CCP just showed they cannot fix the problems.

2 Likes

Would it be fair to say that you consider carebear to be an attitude?

The way I define it is that a carebear demands unnecessary change to the game to suit their playstyle, a player changes their playstyle to suit the game. That way it can be applied to PvP and non PvP players equally.

Sure, it would be fair, if they not have just been ruined EVE. So i have no respect for them. In 3 months they didn’t do anything just whine and let the game to rot, they don’t bothered about EVE will die or not and what future it will have.

But now the challange for the developers (as now we all know that krabs can kill the game because they are the majority), is to make EVE great again without making the krabs angry. So mainly that’s what my opening is about, to how to solve that problem.

Actually that was a concerted effort by the null blocks to not log in, not just the PVE players.

12% of EvE now rule the game.

well there goes a whole section of pvpers that are multiboxing their own personal gank fleets and using input broadcast

I’d be happier if all ships had well documented toilets. I mean if I need to poop while flying, I should be able to…

1 Like

Oh my he’s litterally suggesting OP weapons as reward for some special PVE thing?
Only the phantasy you have about there being no people in those alliances who would do it is verry much false.
Also, wouldn’t touching any form of PVE-content automatically turn you into a carebear? I thought elitenes is allways measured in the size of the credit card bill times number of VNIs ganked?

People really should refrain from suggesting “improvements” to things and “solutions” to problems they don’t understand.

Please stop assuming PvPers and content creators cannot also be interested in industry stuff and amassing fortunes, and keep into account how there has to be a way for them to deal with the way the carebears or whatever you want to call them impact the whole economy, or to deal with conflicts of interests that may arise between different players or groups of players.

Come back to us when you’ve fully understood that, how the EvE economy works, and how it’s impossible to separate those two ways of understanding the game that you seem to believe are separate and independent.

1 Like

there are 10 types of persons in the world : those who understand binary and those who don’t.

Here, your post got +infinity % of interest

1 Like

CCP isn’t making game changes with sub counts in mind, which blows the slats out of most of your post.

Coward.

2 Likes

Seems you completly misunderstand what i trying to say. It’s not about PVE or PVP types of people. It’s about people who take risk, and people who not take any risk. EVE is now unbalanced, because people who don’t want to take any risk can acces to rewards that they not deserve to have. They literally freezed by the Blackout. They couldn’t and not wanted to adapt. And they live in null sec, and they are the biggest and strongest, and getting the most rewards in the game. Not because they have any skill, just because by they numbers. Any 1-day player can join them without trust, friends, and can farm for years under their wings without much understanging of the game. And the biggest problem is not that they are existing in this game, but they can force CCP to revert any game change that they don’t like, making it really hard for CCP to make this game to be true to itself, and forcing them to make it a dumbed down fairy farmland.

Ah, damn, you’re right that I totally misunderstood you, but man, I’m not sure you were using the right terminology there by calling those ‘carebears’. If you had called them ‘nullbears’, which I see you did later… But I had stopped reading already when I saw this:

Which, frankly, still doesn’t make sense to me… But I’ll leave it at that, and concede that it was my fault that I misunderstood you and my previous reply may not make much sense either, sorry.

It’s the ag way. He can’t handle actual discussions anyway, so not much is lost if he just ignores everyone.

2 Likes

It’s the civile way.When people are not worth wasting your time with them, ignore them. When they spam the forum, block them as the mods don’t ban them afterwards.

example your post is a personal aggression, which is, a complete waste of time as it only shows you are actively avoiding the discussion in order to aggress people. Whatever your point, argument, idea were, all it says is “I don’t want a discussion” so people will just ignore it.

The best thing is, he will then go read it anyway and flag it. Lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.