How to make less people play EVE?

Stay on course and loose even more players is your solution?

The bleeding out effect will not stop if you change nothing.

As i said before…what NOT has been tried is a complete 180° turnaround from the pvp everywhere agenda,maybe this would help regardless what the csm and all who have different interests in the game beside making it successful have.

3 Likes

That’s the point. The title of this thread is “How to make less people play EVE?” Answer: stay the course, which you had basically confirmed.

You might try the other thread “How to make more people play EVE,” but as I said there that discussion is pointless.

1 Like

Oh i got that…just wanted to make my point clear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Paying? The sub can be dropped to less than 50 cents a day. Let’s be honest, here. Most money is not made in subscriptions. Paying for Omega status is not the current model of the game.

Selling plex is. And plex is sold, typically, or used to buy bling. Everyone wants to overreact, eve is great, eve is soaring, or else, eve is dying, eve is dead.

Neither is true. Eve has a core playerbase. Most of you pay a sub. A lot of you buy bling with plex. A lot of alphas use plex to get stuff, too. Not as many.

Why do I play Eve, still? That’s the only question I can answer with any certainty, and not be generalizing, extrapolating, or called a liar, so let me answer that.

The same reason a lot of people, after they pay $200 for a meal, cannot, will not, say, this tasted average. It was good, but I could have done this at home for $5. You don’t want to feel stupid. Same, same. I’ve invested time, here, learned the mechanics, through trial and error, wasted toons and time, through the steep learning curve. There is a human part of me that does not want to admit it was for naught.

You ever watch those extreme sports reality shows? Where somebody gets a broken leg doing something, and the host asks them, ‘will this stop you from proceeding?’

We all know what they should answer. ‘Hells yeah it will. This is dangerous and stupid and look at all this, this cast, this rehab I have to go through, yeah, I’m done.’

But, we don’t answer that, do we? We say, ‘No, this won’t keep me down. I’ll come back and be better!’

In a war, or real life that means something, fine, maybe that can mean something. But in this game?

I’m working at getting rid of this game. I just deleted a 30M SP toon in a corp that snubbed me, about 2 weeks ago. With all his stuff, just deleted.

To see what it would make me feel like. I thought I would regret it. I don’t. I could have transferred his stuff to this one. I didn’t. Just to see what it made ME, the player, feel like. It’s not a real loss, there was nothing real there, to begin with. I think no more of it than deleting a toon from Skyrim and starting a new game.

I probably logged more hours, last week, playing ‘Elevator Action,’ on M.A.M.E., or ‘Crystal Castles,’ on Stella, both emulators, for those not in the know, for single player games in the 80’s, than I did playing EVE. And more time, still, probably all of 7 hours, playing Skyrim.

Eve is addictive, like all games designed on the ‘skinner box’ paradigm. One day, I shall ‘win’ eve, though.

4 Likes

I was referring to alphas becoming omegas smh. Why should alpha have access to what omega has without paying? Whether it be plex, which you really gotta grind l4’s to barely plex an acct, or sub. I know sub is .50 a day, my main is subbed while I’m just using this as a skill point farmer then selling him.

Nobody cares.

1 Like

Maybe not you…but the likes i get tell another story…

You have a single alt rolling those single likes for ya ?

Quite the reflective story …

Do you lack being given importance in RL ?

That’s most likely why you’re still here.

I would say it’s so that players can try the game at a limited level and make a decision if they want to subscribe.

@Spc_One
you just got scammed by CCP using the old Bait and Switch tactic - enjoy!

and as the other commentators wrote, this is just a beginning!

usually when a company pulls that thing, somebody posts this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE_xMRiCLE

1 Like

I AM single…we had this yesterday do we have to go through this again sol?

All those likes are real even if you deny it with claws and teeth.

Don’t start this BS of yesterday once again.

lel …

1 Like

you know how this is meant :slight_smile:

Still Balos though.

Practically the same portrait, the same insane agenda and the same belief that only you are right.

Get some help.

4 Likes

Except it’s also great as a gank-for-free mechanic among many other things that are used by vets. Not new players. Not college students. Hardcore no lifers that have been playing for years.

Personally I’d like to see the game return to a two week trial. The F2P thing has had long enough for CCP to realize it’s one of the stupidest things they’ve done in a long line of stupid things. If nothing else, It would cut botting by a large percent.

2 Likes

How to make less people play EVE?

No need to suggest any ideas, CCP has been doing a fine job on their own since 2013.

1. Appoint CCP Seagull as EP (Executive Producer)
  2. Approve a plan to make everyone play as in nullsec or else, and stick to it for 5 looong years
  3. ???
  4. Lose players, fire employees, go F2P, sell out company, rinse and repeat.

What’s hilarious is that the ultimate goal for the Rubicon plan was to implement new space to colonize with the new structures -and all it got after 5 grueling years losing players, income and employees it’s been to replace POSes in good ole’ New Eden AWKI.

As we say in my neck of the woods, “Para este viaje no hacían falta alforjas”.

1 Like

Hello Balos.

1 Like

you are really that stupid i guess…

The problem here is nobody knows what you are even talking about.

Actually most people are aware of who Balos is, because you not only made it very easy to remember you, you also made it very, very easy to recognize you. We’ve had people like you for over a decade. It always works the same way, really. You’re not new, nor original. Always the same.

The only difference is that, back then, people had a harder time evading their bans.