How to play this game when i cant earn ISK?

Well the best thing that you can do is change your attitude. Eve will not hand you success on a silver platter -you’ll have to earn it. True, this can lead to moments of frustration. However, it will also make your successes that much meaningful and rewarding.

Second, you don’t have to make boatloads of cash in order to have fun or be competitive. Player skill is still the most important factor in determining outcomes, and it costs nothing, nor is there any limit to how fast that you learn. Speaking of which…

There are 3 main ways that you can learn in Eve. Each has their advantages and disadvantages. Mix and match as you desire.

• The Yeet Method- Learn by doing. The most fun approach, but also the most expensive thanks to Eve’s harsh death mechanic.
  • Community Knowledge- Make use of community knowledge (videos, written guides, formal classes) in order to learn as much as you can before you try doing it yourself. This method allows you to quickly gain knowledge that took other players months and years to acquire. However, many players also find it to be the most boring method.
  • Social Osmosis- Learn by just being around, watching, and listening to more experienced players.

Fourth, players are financially incentivized to keep their mouth shuts about certain things. However, that does not mean that no one is talking, or that you can’t figure things out on your own. In fact, many of the people who aren’t talking had to figure things out on their own themselves. So, you know, you can whine that people are reluctant to teach you how to compete with them, or you can resolve to figure it out yourself. And on a side note, industry and trade aren’t exactly big secrets. They were probably quiet because they didn’t want to write a 22 page guide on it, rather than not wanting to share their secrets. So, start looking for existing videos and guides if you want to know more.

And once again, because it bears repeating, you do not need lots of money to have fun or be competitive. Yes, ships do cost money and all that. But you’d be amazed at how far your isk will take you if you keep things cheap. The problem, however, is that so many players think they need a bunch of money, bling, and/or expensive ships -they don’t. Take me, for example. I can now fly caps on multiple toons, but I’ve never even sat in one and my favorite ship size is the cruiser. In fact, most players seem to prefer cruisers.

Moreover, I keep my fits so cheap that friends have made fun of me for being a cheap bastard. However, I most certainly make up for it with player knowledge, execution, try-hard effort, solid fit designs, and high character skill (to be fair, I have invested a lot of isk into my characters. However, I adamantly assert that character skill points are an advantage, and not a requirement for success).

Finally, I highly recommend on checking this video out. Not only does it contain a lot of useful information, but it might change your perspective on things.

And if you leave, can I have your stuff?

No P2W

8 Likes