How to Reset Agent Tasks

When an career agent task is locked out or becomes un-finishable, why is there no way to unlock or rest the task?

I have gotten stuck on the Advanced Military Task - The Pacifist (8 of 10)
And if you make any mistake in the task you cannot finish it as there are many high level ships now in the task and it makes the task impossible to finish for a new player.

If you decline the task you loose the rest of the tasks.

This makes the career agents very hard for a new player.

I believe if you politely petition a GM that they will most likely reset the career agents for you.

If that’s the mission where you have to fly through instead of attacking, your options are:

1. Wait until tomorrow; the daily server reboot will wipe out the NPCs so you can get to the empty mission spot and try it with a fast ship.

2. Create a ticket for a GM to reset the mission for you.

3. Abandon the mission and go talk to the Career Agents from another school. There are 12 schools in total, 3 for each race. Listed in this EVE University Wiki page. The agents at these locations will talk to you regardless of your starting race; you can basically repeat the career missions 12 times if you want. That’s why CCP didn’t bother with a reset option.

I messed up a couple of tasks. Once I got ganked with the mission item on board.
A request to a GM fixed them all within hours.

Others are being nice, so I want to be blunt and honest you failed this one simply because you did not read and follow the instructions given to you by the agent in the mission briefing.
The Pacifist
Advanced Military Career Agent

So where to go from here.
First I suggest reading your mission briefings more carefully so you understand what you are required to do.
You can simply wait until the next downtime, most missions that have not been completed will reset at downtime.
As mentioned above you can petition the GM to reset your mission, or you can simply abandon it and the rest in the string and go elsewhere. I suggest you ask for it to be reset before anything else. No having this mission open will not prevent you from running other missions as long as they are given to you by a different agent.

When you get back to this one and all missions please read and understand what you are supposed to do. Especially the career agent missions require you to complete a specific task, and any deviation from what you are told to do will result in failing the mission.

The mission briefings are garbage.

They have you use ships not fit for purpose.

They have you use modules not fit for purpose.

They give you contradictory instructions.

They are in some cases bugged.

This mission was about being in a Fleet and had nothing to do with being in an actual fleet in EVE proper, so get off your high horse with your high and mighty ‘read the mission instructions’. Reading the mission instructions is probably the least helpful most misleading thing that you could do.

This thread is from 2017, please don’t necro old threads. Closing.