How to use the "Absolute" Injector Augmentor (Booster)

@Rexxar_Santaro
Yeah, I like how current injector mechanics make them more of a tool to help newer players catch up, than to help older players pull ahead. And this new booster undermines that. Regardless, I’m kind of surprised at how few people have voiced similar concerns. You’re now only the third person I’ve found.

Anyway, I’ve made a video where I go into detail about my concerns.
Cause for Concern? Absolute Injection Augmenter

4 Likes

Again, it’s true for characters with over 80M SP. Here’s the 1.5M SP ISK price per character level table:

Total price for 1.5M SP per character level. The Large Skill Injector price is 850M ISK (AVG)
Character levelNumber of Large Skill InjectorsTotal Price
Less than 5M32.55B
Between 5M and 50M3.753.2B
Between 50M and 80M54.25B
Over 80M108.5B

Same. Due to recent events format, I decided to train into Orca miner pilot. I think it can be useful even while posting on this forum by mining AFK:

I have over 1.5M SP, but I’m not likely to spend them on it. Why? Because the next event can happen or can’t in over 1 month. So, I’ll finish this program in two weeks by default, by doing my trivial things. I’m interested to invest ISK into all kind of Cruisers next year, including all T3, which is around 20B ISK. I’m interested to fly all those ships. This is the main reason of all about it. Players with a lot of SP, like you, just participating into this program, I think, because it feels bad to not participate into this ‘profitable deal’ - a psychological motivation only. Sure, it will be completely unprofitable to extract these skill points to sell lately. Other players looks into Capital evolving… There’s no other reasons.

1 Like

ty, I had forgotten to eat mine …

I liked your video man. I agree with a lot of it.

Thanks man. Keep up the good work yourself.

Like others have said, it’s a great gift and it works very well for the older players (but not only older), however after doing some numbers i came up with the same question … ‘why ?’.

Right now plex is around 3.3m in Jita. For 500 units you need 1.65b isk.
Within a month you train around 1.7m sp. so 1.7m SP / 1.65b isk spent.
If it’s an alt and you go with Multiple pilot training certificate, it’s 1.7m SP / 1.25b isk.

Injecting with your own SP is 55m (absolute booster) + 1.11b (3x 370m for skill extractors) = 1.17b isk; that is 1.5m SP / 1.17b ISK (providing your own SP).
Injecting with bought SP is 55m + 0.86x3 = 2.64b ISK; that is 1.5m SP / 2.64b ISK.

I’m sure it’s worth it for other ppl but i made my characters lean already a while back so i don’t have the SP to remove, which means i have to buy it, and the characters i want to do this on are alts, which opens up the Multiple Pilot Training Certificate cheaper option.

1 Like

It seems the Daily Reward program stopped, I thought it was going to be until January 2nd, 2019.

The 13 days was a “Christmas” type event, and the items from there could be used up until January 7th… then they expire. But the items themselves are not worth as much as predicted, and so if you want one (or two or three) they are on the market, under Boosters (14)

1 Like

thank you

Unless CCP release some new skills for me to train, then the question is actually WHY for me as well.
And even if they were to release new skills, why wouldnt i just train them the normal way like I’ve always have?

You make it sound like its some horrible thing to train skills rather then inject them

I wouldn’t say horrible, but in the days of Skill injectors I guess training skills over time has lost a bit the feeling of accomplishment. Compared to injecting it takes long to train certain skills from IV to V. Around a month or so for each Battleship, 2-4 weeks for smaller T2 ships. Iirc you train 24M SP on optimal remap per year. That’s maybe the bare minimum for a bunch of proper support skills for subcapitals. In principle there is nothing wrong with that, it’s just that in comparison to the pay2win (well kinda, somewhat) option of injecting, it can feel very long.

I didn’t mean to say people shouldn’t be patient and just train the regular way, but if you are below maybe 100/150M SP and suddenly want to try something new, having spare SP injected gives you that possibility right away, while the other options is to want to XY from today, but actually have to wait 6 months until you have trained the applicable skills.

That’s all I meant. The choice to not inject is of course not “foolish” in and by itself, only with my biased presumption of wanting to be competetive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.