"Injectors are meant for newbies" - then why can my 100 million SP toon use them?

I keep hearing this argument tossed about. Injectors are meant to help with new player retention! EVE is hard and things take time!

It’s easy to concede when new player retention is concerned. We all love EVE and want to see it thrive.

But… how come characters can extract with as little as 5.5 mil SP? And how come characters with as much as 100 mil can inject?

I’m just really confused by this. Can someone help?

1 Like

There are severe penalties on injectors for high SP characters.

2 Likes

Its to make CCP money.

The step up program reason is just marketing BS.

6 Likes

Yes I’m aware of diminishing returns. But I mean if I was rich IRL or rich in game, I could just brute force my way through that. It’s not like the diminishing returns go below 300,000 which is still quit a bit of saved time.

but they do:
0 to 5 million Skill Points at time of use = 500.000 unallocated Skill Points
5-50 million Skill Points at time of use = 400.000 unallocated Skill Points
50-80 million Skill Points at time of use = 300.000 unallocated Skill Points
80 million or more Skill Points at time of use = 150.000 unallocated Skill Points

4 Likes

A very minor side point TBH.

When people make billions a day, what is there to stop them injecting day/night?

1 Like

And yet we see one day old t3 and capital pilots…

2 Likes

…on killboards.

9 Likes

Do you know anyone who actually does this?

1 Like

That is totally fine with me, I love EVE and want to see a financial healthy CCP. So if someone wants to throw in a couple of 1000$ and scale up to Titan that’s great. Not to mention the awesome content they become when they actually try to fly them too😂

1 Like

Someone spent $23,000 USD to go max out SP.

That’s great respect for whomever it was🍾

Newbies can only get injectors if the spend real money…

First, that’s not true, second - and?

Using the Large Skill Injector currently ~866m each at Rens.

0 to 5 million Skill Points at time of use = 500.000 unallocated Skill Points
10 Injectors 8.66b isk
5-50 million Skill Points at time of use = 400.000 unallocated Skill Points
112 Injectors 96b isk
50-80 million Skill Points at time of use = 300.000 unallocated Skill Points
100 Injectors 86b isk
80 million or more Skill Points at time of use = 150.000 unallocated Skill Points
67 per 10 Million SP Injectors 58b isk

So to get to 100m SP is 306 billion isk not accounting for buying that quantity is not available at that price.

At 3.4m per plex that is 90,176 plex.

About $3000 US.

Seriously:
https://forums.eveonline.com/c/marketplace/character-bazaar

2 Likes

Nobody actually believes they help out newbies “catch up”, or even that “catching up” is a thing in EVE. They are obviously just a cash grab for CCP. Which I can somewhat respect, it is a business after all, the whole point is to make money.

Do you expect them to straight up tell you that its a cash grab though? That’s bad for optics. They have to pretend that it adds some value to the gameplay experience, even though it could not be more painfully obvious that it does not.

Ah its kind of just another minor disappointment to add to the list.

1 Like

The thing that makes this whole topic a mythical fallacy is that the only difference between a new player with 2m SP and a new player with 100m SP is the value of the ship they will lose.

Skill points mean jack, the larger the ship, the more that is true!

5 Likes

Do you have a name, or is this just a mysterious made up “someone”?

And how does this impact you?

Who are you to determine how and where someone uses their money?

3 Likes

I had thought that the two individuals I am aware of simply used their vast in-game assets rather than spending RL money. The article didn’t make it clear.

Should CCP have stuck to the original plan, and why did they change?