How viable is this plan?

Thanks for the input. From what I’m seeing, I think if be better off building in hisec first and dying how that goes. Going that route, perhaps I’ll look for somewhere in Caldari space on the edge of losec. If I can find somewhere on the border where stations are already sparse, then maybe others would use the modules.

In the event that I do find such a place, how likely is the following scenario:
After I setup, I find that people are regularly camping the gate on the losec side. We form an understanding that I’m giving them a place to repair and rearm, along with selling their loot in exchange for our corps setting each other to blue.

I’d rather try to get in good with any locals instead of fighting with them since I’m only there for the pve. I’m hoping there a way to make writing together more profitable than blowing up my little station.

If I only have one of those 2, which one is more likely to help me keep the locals more interested in using my facility than blowing it up?

Maaaybe research? Manufacturing is going to be done by them in a dedicated facility.

Actually, Offering it for use, and not being a cometition threat are basically mutually exclusive.

Either price yourself way oiut of their market (higher) or make it free, and see what happens I guess

1 Like

Oh theres always clone service too, thats fun.

But the way you are talking, sounds like you are going to try a public facility

Upside: You might make friends

Downside: You are highly visible

2 Likes

I think that’s one of the core tenets of my plan. I know nothing and nowhere is safe in eve, and I’m cool with that. I have ideas I want to try out and am willing to take risks, I just want to do a little research first and not be stupid about it. I’m currently scouting for a location to start running losec sites so I can get an idea of how much money I’ll be able to make doing what I like. Once I have a rough baseline for that, I’ll reevaluate the rest of my plan.

1 Like

Not possible, all stations are NPC owned. Not a single player owns a station.

Already covered, smartyboots

Yes, structure, I know. I found out after I posted.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.