How were you introduced to the criminal side of EVE?

I think I always was a thief.
I can’t remember the first can I flipped.
I do remember the shaking of my hands and the beating of my heart during those first kills though. I remember learning how to kill drones fast, how to check to see how many Corp mates of theirs were in system, the rush when a combat ship warped to the belt to defend their fleet.
Times have changed. I haven’t though. I steal.
I just flash different colors now. Have to be more aware.
But can flipping is now my fine art.
Combat is my life blood.
And high sec will always be a little less safe.

I read The Code and was transformed into an instrument of justice. http://minerbumping.41656.x6.nabble.com/A-Calling-td2170.html

2 Likes

I came here from UO Siege Perilous, by most accounts I was already a criminal :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

“How were you introduced to the criminal side of EVE?”

Apple Pie Moonshine.

I got introduced back in 2004 when I went to the north around Obe. It was the last low-sec system to P3, which was the only choke point before CCP started splitting them up, which also killed a lot of piracy.

I found what look to be a pirate-versus-anti-pirate battle going on between members of The Pirate Syndicate (one of EVE’s first pirate alliances) and Celestial Apocalypse (one of EVE’s first anti-pirate outfits).

Being the big mouth I was, I start trolling in local and called out someone in a frig-hull ship like mine. They accepted a duel and I went to engage. I lasted about 5 seconds before I was in my pod. Happened so quickly. I had no idea what just happened.

Turns out, I had challenged KICKASS, who is now known as SATAN from BURN EDEN.

Even though this is not ideally piracy. The feeling and the people were pirates. I really enjoyed the scene and have stayed in piracy from 2004 till this day.

Very long history of just being a general asshole on my part…

So it all started off 2005 Christmas time, different character (not revealing), didn’t start of as an evil ass hell bent on killing Everyone or everything, saeger wasn’t even made till I needed a cyno alt but things happen, people change, and faction warfare gets introduced (2008). So after about 3 years of being a pve/builder guy I was gonna try my hand at PvP, and Saeger was born… Well he actually made before hand but the personality came out from being a troll/ass in other games (wow, css, halo, and battlefield).

The militia we joined as a Corp was very role-play esk and I just thought that was stupid as f***. So while flying in the amarr fleets I began to troll, which got us war decced which lead to the best fights I’ve ever had. My corpmates and CEO soon learned that if you want another corp to hastely put a fleet together to charge your well put together fleet you just have saeger piss them off.
Back before pods showed you their implants in kill mails you would always have to guess what they had in, or you could be evil like me and have a conversation open and have them send you a screenshot of the Implants, make them rip them out for their freedom with more screenshots as proof and kill them anyways at the end.

And it began there, soon I joined a small group of guys (pod reprocessing), after a few more people joined and we started doing more insane things we took on a new name… Pod Repo. We began Merc work for the first time, we decced everyone (Mercs, nullsecers, militia, pvers, pirates) literally didn’t matter who you were back then, the 8 of us were going to wreck your alliance.

We pushed the fittings of our ships to become the best. Spider repping ships held off break a wish vindicators and guardians for over an hour before we both gave up and docked up… Earning a friendship in the process. Fighting other Mercs was just exciting and fun, then repo took a 6 month break, I joined a cancer of eve called The Marmite collective. Things started off ok, kills were plenty, but after a few weeks of watching little to no one stand up and fight the big fleets that came to engage us, we we’re getting bored, and by we I mean Vegasmirage, Blossum22 and I.
I recall a time where vegasmirage and I sat on comms with marmite leadership discussing in full details how to dismantle and destroy the alliance from within… After that day a plan was set into motion, they had denied our friend entry into marmite, so he formed his own alliance (serious space holders alliance) and declared war on marmite… Vegas, blossom and everyone who sided with badco.

So the war started with marmite, but I stayed behind as a spai!!! Did my job, giving the now coalition of war deccers fleet comps, eve mails, locations of solo players, direct comm Intel, wasn’t hard just got boring quickly. After a month of this I jumped ship taking a few of the active guys with me and after revealing what I had been doing to the alliance for so long they were furious. Which lead Tora Bushido to chase me, and set up a battle for Zeus Maximo to take out a marmite fleet with ease in this

This meant blood in the water, after this break a wish pushed in and took over marmites home system, shutting down their operation…

Oh it was fun but Pod Repo came back and so I rejoined with new friendships on the outside and way more enemies. Trolling marmite became an everyday thing, which led to wars in which marmite always lost. Repo and I took a break,

After a stint with POH and learning a few things, friends and I built Absolute Defiance, a Merc alliance devoted to doing anything to get a kill. We setup a ransom for wars, if we are war with you and you want out of your war with us you must pay us triple the contract and give us a new target and pay the Dec costs and they better be a good target or we’ll come back to you.
This lead to a trillion isk killed in our first month, but AD was a short lived wonderful time… It died horribly to a coalition of Mercs who use neutral logi and are a cancer to eve.

After this adventure in leading an alliance I decided to go smaller we formed Bite the Pillow. Built around a few friendships, for fun, and evil to continue… We joined Atype and that history is about the same as AD just with more current and more recent crap that’s kinda boring and all over the last forums…

Bite the pillow will always be home to it’s original Pillow Biters, and Pod Repo will one day return…
Enjoy this:

Eve is about memories and people you make friends, it’s not about how much neutral logi you can field or how green your killboard is… This is the lesson I’ve learned from playing the game.

1 Like

When I started playing I joined a corp… and got wardecced.

I like it a lot and basically engaged our war targets every chance I got. Decided to stick to that.

Obviously I sold my Cannibal Kane char 3-4 years ago and came back recently under another name to see how the game changed. Like some of the changes and now I am back in this new char. Doing what I know best. Becoming everyone F®iend.

2 Likes

Suddenly, Possum!

I miss ninja salvaging.

Enjoy the long reads…

Some guy shoots at salvager, salvager blows him up, some guy + corp cries.

https://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=1101671

http://www.mylootyourtears.com/?p=5

After spending 3 years in null around 2006-2007 I went to Jita and being bored took a bs down to Rancer to look for a fight. While I was watching the gate on my alt waiting for an engagement to fire off I get a pm from a guy in local who recognized me from a former corp :

• What are you doing in Rancer?
  • I am looking for a fight.
  • Haha you will die, better come join us fast because a fight is about to start on the other side of the pocket in Otou

… and I joined them… boy those were some fun times. We usually had polaris inspectors on the gate with us each time we organized a proper gatecamp. Logi on stanby, RR Carriers, rseboed lachs. Smartbombing targets while still in warp was patented there by Tiller. We actually held the record for the most expensive kill, a russian hauler with 100 bil+ in DED stuff, the mail was so long that it got truncated.

IDK if many people remember October Snow corp. It all went up in flames when Ginger Magician decided to welcome Miz Cenuij the scammer into our ranks. That and the fact that Ginger was a greedy guy and a really bad pvper split the corp in half. I went with the good guys and he got scammed and popped by Miz while trying to buy his mothership then perma banned for threatening Miz.

Formed a corp first day in Eve. Got wardecced into oblivion. Run into low sec and noticed high sec wardeccers do not follow. Decided to explore low sec little more. Met badass bittervet solo pirate who taught me early pvp. Here I am still.

I was running my first corporation. We were all soft and squishy blind to to the glory of spaceship explosions and more concerned about destroying the environment. I then decided I needed to murder them all. From then on I was ganking, stealing, ransoming and spying and waging war on everything everywhere as much as I could.

3 Likes

I spoke with a few old Pod Repo guys the other day :wink:

1 Like

I knew how I wanted to play the game before I even started playing. In early 2012 I had heard stories of corporate theft, backstabbing, and piracy and totally wanted to be apart of that. I guess I got sucked into the typical hamster wheel of being new and not having a mentor coupled with the presssure that I needed isk to do things… So I started mining in highsec!

I met some people while mining and was soon convinced to join them and salvage their L4 missions for them for a small cut. I made my way up the ranks as an obedient slave and was soon made a recruiter. I made the “mistake” one day of accidentally recruiting an awoxer named “Cho Wong” and watched him do his thing. He got booted, but I convo’d him to ask about what he had done and how I thought it was hilarious. So the next few weeks I plotted with him and worked his other alts into the corp in order to tear it apart. Seeing a part of the game that made me sub happen in front of me made me bitter that these guys had suckered me into basically being their slave.

So for the next few months I used Cho Wong to get us removed from 3 renter alliances in Null Sec until finally I had enough. I sat the CEO down and told him that I was planning on buying PLEX in order to buy a T2 BPO for the corp to make Isk off of. I asked if I could have director so I would have a safe hangar to store it. He immediately promoted me and throughout that very same night I emptied around 50b from their corporate hangars.

That deceit and initial 50b was the driving force that brought me where I am today. With the help and influence of people like Feyd, Psychotic Monk, and Cannibal Kane I have been able to play the game I initially wanted. I’ve done some pretty incredible things in my opinion and have a nice trophy wall and list of accomplishments, but none of that is as good as the relationships I’ve made along the way.

I would steal a coat from a homeless person, but I will always be loyal to those that are my closest friends in eve. My goal is that I can leave a legacy in-game where someone can look at or read about what I’ve done and it inspire them to explore a part of the game they might not have thought to.

6 Likes

I was triple gold capped on wow. I was told this market makes wow’s child’s play and as an added bonus I can kill people and take their things (played dayz a bunch). Turns out market trading wasn’t my thing lol

2 Likes

After doing PvE and lowsec I was bored to death of the lack of interesting activity … as in, boring people everywhere, so I had two options left.

Quit or go All-in.

So I went all in and created content instead of quitting.
In hindsight, though, am I not sure if it was the correct choice.

3 Likes

After playing this game off and on for 3 years, I was starting to feel the burnout again.
Up to that point, I’d only ever done missions and some exploration.

After coming across Feyd’s blog one day, I decided to give his little Incursus fit a try.
After destroying a Hyperion in my little T1 Frigate, and having uncontrollable shakes for about 10 minutes, I was hooked.

I was so proud, I mailed Feyd and told him of my shenanigans. He sent me an invite to Devils where I stayed for a couple months before having to take a break from the game and getting booted from the corp in the process.

I came back and started ninja looting / MTU Hunting and shortly after, found Pix Severus blog on MTU Hunting. I shot him a mail advising we share a similar interest and asked if he’d be willing to take on any corp members. He did, and I’ve been MTU hunting / ninja salvaging / pos bashing with that corp ever since.

1 Like

‘yawn’

I was born with the most noble of blood and the most animalistic drive to purge the galaxy of the unlawful.

2 Likes

I started EVE in 2004. Went into mining as my first trade. I quickly got bored with that and headed to more hostile space. This is where I met with The Pirate Syndicate. These guys were one of the first pirate alliances in the game after the fall of m0o, a widely famous pirate outfit at the time (and today?).

What got me hooked to stay was during my trial membership with one of the pirate outfits in the alliance. In these days, a lot of pirates controlled both low-sec and NULL-sec space. The Pirate Syndicate controlled a chunk of the north and camped the Obe/P3 gate into that space.

I remember hanging out with a lot of now retired pirates in a gate camp when BURN EDEN showed up. Although I viewed BURN EDEN as pirates myself, they were for hire and didn’t really chose any sides. They had their own side – ISK.

During the encounter with BURN EDEN, there was a lot of smack talk happening in local. Like the scrub I was, I decided to join. My smack talk is on another level and thus, quickly caught pilots attention. One of particular was a BURN EDEN pilot who went by the name KICKASS (aka, SATAN).

He called me out hard in chat and thus, forced me to challenge him to a duel. Bare in mind, I have never actually been in a fight with a player at this point. I’m BS’ing pretty hard making myself seem hard. In these days, very few people had a means to look up kill mails. It was all handled through the EVE mail system. I had no idea who this guy was and he had no idea who I was.

Things get underway. I meet him in between these two big groups. Pirates on one side, the challengers on the other side. Both just waiting to fight. KICKASS comes out in his frigate. I believe it was a CLAW. I was in my Rifter. As soon as we got into range, I lock, and start blasting away. Within seconds, I melted and exploded.

While I lost that day, I was hooked on the idea of space combat. I wanted what these guys experienced. I just kept coming back and kept trying to learn as much as I could until D.e.V.i.a.n.c.e accepted me into their ranks as one of the key components of The Pirate Syndicate along with Forsaken Empire.

Since then, I have moved on to BioMass Cartel, Force of Evil, BURN EDEN, and so many more. I am likely one of the last surviving pirates of that time who is still around today.

1 Like

I saw miners sitting around afking all day. Not liking their criminal activity of breaking the Code, I decided to join the good guys and purge them

1 Like