HS Mining profitable?

No. ​​

then go to provchen as they have ores that give over 40k in titanium and over 5,000 isogen

1 Like

Part reason for mining in highsec is also the casual gamers who don’t have the time to invest in being in nullsec drama, and they just want to play a space game, get some mats, build some things, sell them, and log off.

Not everyone is after maximizing isk/hour, or being in a corp etc.

Being in a corp and investing time in the game for sure makes it a better and more whole experience, but just saying; not everyone have the time or the ambition to do more than scratch the surface of the game.

5 Likes

Anyone who tells you to not mine hisec minerals and just buy them is a hisec miner.

tritanium is up 15% this month alone.

5 Likes

Remember mining is generally a means to an end. Aka building stuff in EVE. Of course it is profitable. Once you mine ore to pay your ships back is profit!

HS miner multiboxers make serious ISK! It’s all just how many hrs you want to put into EVE.

3 Likes

you mean the end of some ship

Truth, I went to null a war broke out, problem was they couldn’t/wouldn’t use me for engagements, but nor could I freely crab because I would be shot and kicked for doing so, so my only option was spinning ships and PI, needless to say I got bored and left.

1 Like

I highly doubt that. I haven’t been on a null sec fleet yet, on corps on both sides of the last war, that didn’t have brand new dudes in frigates in them. One of the coolest dudes from the last war flew a tackle Venture in every fleet. If you wanted to fly, you could have. Now if you didn’t want to and just wanted to crab while other people lost ships defending your space, just own it.

1 Like

Because everyone does as you do right?

1 Like

Because most people experience as he says.

So in our experience the probability that they don’t have a use for any newbro is ZERO. Even just for being the antibomb destroyer.

I was in NS wars. I was happy to have a newbro tackling that annoying frigate so I can shoot it with ease. I was happy to have that logi who is primaried and allows me to grapple things to death in a dominix. I was happy to have that guy cloaked who makes ping in the battlefield to allow us to get in position. I was happy to have that one hero tackle who died in an atron to catch an orthrus - and we got the orthrus thanks to him.
I was so happy that I provided some newbros with free ships just to have them have fun. Even when they needed bigger ships I would provide them. Because I was there, when they proved to be usefull.

3 Likes

i dont understand what people mean by nullsec having drama and needing to invest loads of time into it; most people really dont care, literally just go on a couple fleets a month (at most) and you can stay and mine waaaay better ores than in highsec plus great infrastructure for manufacturing, ansis, etc.

this is why so many people live in nullblocs… its cus theyre so goddamn easy to enjoy and live in.

the hauler rats do drop 100mil trit though

wait they do

In my experience: Very rarely. Mostly they drop a few scrap metal. Sometimes, a strongbox. Since it’s easier to get the tritanium from spending the time mining instead of chasing very elusive NPCs, not a lot of people put in the effort for the minerals. Especially since you then need to reship to loot the huge m3, or have an alt. The strongbox is more reliable a drop, and even that drop is very frustrating to get.

I wish CCP would support the small time mining corp more. For me this was the birthplace of social interaction.

1 Like

As long as CCP punishes players with unkillable Gurista pirate fleets jumping into the asteroid belt, mining in High Sec is not worth it. You jump into a belt, whether as a beginner or as a longtime miner with an Orca. The pirates come and you lose 100% of your ship. As soon as those Gurista pirates have someone with them who can interrupt warp, it’s just over.
You lose 2’000’000’000 million ISK in one hit. And you can calculate for yourself how long it takes to earn that amount. You get punished for doing a leisurely orca mining fitting, but everyone knows how hard and boring it is to keep selecting and mining new asteroids for hours.

Why spawn enemies in high sec that even a small fleet of ships can’t fight? You don’t even have the chance to do enough damage to these ships.

For me, Eve online and mining is done for my entire corporation. You put thousands of hours of game time into building an economy corporation and even that they take away from you.

We will no longer waste our time with such a poorly balanced game.

Or you could just use D-scan or open agency.

1 Like

No need to calculate, I’ve measured. It takes about 27 seconds to type the 16 digits and 3-digit CVV code and another 44 seconds to login and sell to the top Jita Buy order.

I am 100% confident you did not learn 2 billion ISK worth of a lesson out of the event when your Orca Asset was liquidated into Knowledge Equity. That is the waste of ISK in this whole tear-jerker sob story.

1 Like

I watched this happen in my local system.

Even though I mine in HS I still hit V for dscan frequently and have my home base bookmarked for quick access in the L-bookmarks menu to GTFO when I sense danger (eg a Catalyst shows up dscan).

The other day I watched a Forward Base appear on dscan. I asked in “English-help” channel what it was and was quickly told to “don’t mine in that system until it is gone”.

So I stopped mining but instead hopped into a Cormorant to see if I could find these new rats that spawn with a Forward Base in system.

What I found in the belts were wrecks of Orcas, Hulks, Ventures, Retrievers… and of course, a pod just sitting there in space next to the wrecks.

I set my safety to red, looted the wrecks, salvaged the wrecks and dropped it off as new upgrades for my own mining ships. For the next week this is all I did. Hopped through belts doing a loot’n’scoot of wrecks from AFK miners who didn’t check dscan, didn’t check/know there was a forward base in system, and basically got themselves killed from their own lack of being careful even if in HS.

It’s a lot harder to get killed in HS, and it doesn’t take too much to avoid it, but it does require you interact with the game.

3 Likes

I don’t think the agency refreshes itself when the FBO appears.
Also the Dscan is limited to 14 AU and does not refresh itself either.