The net effect of wars being defined by structures is that there are only half as many structures about as there were 4 or 5 years ago. It was only a year or so ago that Absolute Order, Wrecking Machine, and others, decimated over 150 Parabellum structures…which by and large have not been replaced by anyone else. It was fun doing the destroying…though I recall thinking at the time that if we carried on at that rate there would simply be far less structures around to destroy. As is the case.
I think structures ought to be destroyable, but as the end result of some longer process. Sort of stage 2 or 3 of any war. I’d have the first stage be people vs people or some simpler ‘capture the flag’ setup. Or some variant no-one has thought of yet. At any rate…I think few people are happy with the current setup.